General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't like chaps. Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I don't like chaps. Do you?

I rode in the Trail of Tears ride a few weeks ago in TN and AL. The temperature was in the mid 90s and there were lots of people wearing chaps.

I don't see the point. Did they get their copy of "Lame Biker Monthly" and decide they needed to look like the people on the cover?

If it were cold out, OK. Please enlighten me if there is something I am missing.

Othewise, I think I will grab my leather vest, leather gloves,leather boots, and doo-rag and go for a two mile ride down to bike night.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: I don't like chaps. Do you?

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Why do alot of riders on here make fun of chaps and fingerless gloves? I mean, sure, the gay biker from the Village People and the gay singer from Judas Priest wore that stuff, but I've always associated that look with die hard rough and tough trouble-maker bikers.

Is it because more and more "non-tough-biker-type" people are buying bikes and riding and that look feels goofy to them?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

That whole Village People thing just ruined it for me....

Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

I've said this before... I like my fingerless gloves, as do many of my buds that ride. Nice look, plus it exposes the large ring I wear on my right index finger that comes in handy when s*** goes down from the 1 %ers. lol

I have no ****, so I'm not sure chaps would look good on me, but I bet they're nice when the weather turns cold.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 AM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Brown chaps,..not black ones,...and only if its cold out. If it's above 40 degrees, I don't like them at all.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Gee, we've never discussed this before.... (NOT)....

and chaps are not gay - see www.chapsinn.com

Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
ken01976
Road Master

fingerless gloves cause its hard enough lightning my cigar on the bike and lighting it with full gloves sucks. Chaps are great cause I dont have to pull down my pants to take a ****.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I like fringe ones on hot naked chicks..... come to daddy you naughty girl [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser

I've been riding for over 35 years and I wear what I want, when I want, and don't care. I wear chaps when it gets cold, jeans and boots all the time, and I don't care what the tshirt says. This is like my 10th bike and I like to ride. I don't have some "mandate" on what I should wear, and it's actually kind of funny to see other people trying to fit a "mold" of what a Harley rider is supposed to look like. Who made the "mold" anyhow? I didn't buy my bike as a status symbol, I bought it to tour on, and that's what I do, hell sometimes I wear fingerless gloves too. Oh no I'm gay, well let someone come over and tell me that and they'll find out what "gay" means! Hell half the time I'm not even happy, but riding helps get that out of my system, I'm happily married by the way!
If you ride, you decide! I have to wear a helmet, state law, but everything else is up to me. I'll get slammed I know, but I'm not a 1%, even though I ride with a few, I'm just a loner that can tell you where I've been, and where I'd like to visit. I live life one day at a time, and prefer to do it on a bike. When the time comes, I hope it's on my bike! I don't think the maker is going to judge me because I'm not dressed like the picture on some magazine put out by a company that wants to sell more leather. It's one of the few rights I have left, besides smoking and drinking. And at least my Harley can't give me aids!

Quick Reply: I don't like chaps. Do you?