General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't like chaps. Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I don't like chaps. Do you?

Fingerless gloves come from the leather they remove from the *** areaof chaps.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
ken01976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dichotomy - (Dick Outta Me) -Def... Word used by irate wife when she catches me looking at the TV and not her during intercourse...Usage... Get yer dichotomy.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said anyone was gay. That's up to you I guess.

But, come on, you are so prepared for the Big accident that you wear chaps in 90 degree weather.

I don't think so. It's the precieved Harley look.

Yougot a new bike and "Lame Biker Monthly" saidyou need chaps to complete the look.

If you are that scared of road rash and wind burn, drive you minivan or camry.

Where does a man get those brown chaps anyway?

I know you can get the black ones at the Y-M-C-A. (<Village People reference for the slower forum members)

Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser

Chris, when I come over to Lake St. Louis to visit my stepdaughter, I might look you up. I'll buy you a beer, besides I'm not a disestablishmentalairianist, I'm just an American enjoying the few rights that I have left. No crackwhores, and I pay my taxes like everyone else on here. I'm a vet, fought for my country, and like to meet people and see the country I live in. I work for a living and make good money, so I can afford to do what I want to once in awhile, what's wrong with that. I think that most of the people on this board are the same way. I'm not knocking anyone for the way they live, hell I ride a Road King, some say that's a geezer bike, might be, but I like it.
Hell brother, if your not living, you might as well be dead.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:30 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ironhorseman

I've been riding for over 35 years and I wear what I want, when I want, and don't care. I wear chaps when it gets cold, jeans and boots all the time, and I don't care what the tshirt says. This is like my 10th bike and I like to ride. I don't have some "mandate" on what I should wear, and it's actually kind of funny to see other people trying to fit a "mold" of what a Harley rider is supposed to look like. Who made the "mold" anyhow? I didn't buy my bike as a status symbol, I bought it to tour on, and that's what I do, hell sometimes I wear fingerless gloves too. Oh no I'm gay, well let someone come over and tell me that and they'll find out what "gay" means! Hell half the time I'm not even happy, but riding helps get that out of my system, I'm happily married by the way!
If you ride, you decide! I have to wear a helmet, state law, but everything else is up to me. I'll get slammed I know, but I'm not a 1%, even though I ride with a few, I'm just a loner that can tell you where I've been, and where I'd like to visit. I live life one day at a time, and prefer to do it on a bike. When the time comes, I hope it's on my bike! I don't think the maker is going to judge me because I'm not dressed like the picture on some magazine put out by a company that wants to sell more leather. It's one of the few rights I have left, besides smoking and drinking. And at least my Harley can't give me aids!
Well said.

I wore my chaps this morning on the way to work, 50 degrees out. Saw only one other bike on the road, a guy on a Harley and well I'll be, he was wearing his chaps also.

Better go down to bike night and have a drink with your bike night buddies.

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ironhorseman

Chris, when I come over to Lake St. Louis to visit my stepdaughter, I might look you up. I'll buy you a beer, besides I'm not a disestablishmentalairianist, I'm just an American enjoying the few rights that I have left. No crackwhores, and I pay my taxes like everyone else on here. I'm a vet, fought for my country, and like to meet people and see the country I live in. I work for a living and make good money, so I can afford to do what I want to once in awhile, what's wrong with that. I think that most of the people on this board are the same way. I'm not knocking anyone for the way they live, hell I ride a Road King, some say that's a geezer bike, might be, but I like it.
Hell brother, if your not living, you might as well be dead.
I hear ya, man! I'm with ya. It's Friday and I feel goofy. That's the only reason I posted that... In all honesty, I really don't have a bike yet. I bought one on Monday and I won't have it at home until next week. I'm as NEW to this as humanly possible! I just got on here to start reading and found this place to be really cool. Heck, I already have 50 posts and haven't even started riding. lol...

I'm a poser, I know.

Chris

Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What's not to like about chaps????

Old 09-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser

Now that was a good one, but the guy seems to be wondering what to do about the situation. If he doesn't know, he will never get it! Woops a little MOCO ripoff there, but it seemed to apply.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
celticgent
Road Master

i don't know if i like them or not, i've never had any.

i bet they're good protection for the legs, so i can see the function.

i bought a pair of leather pants this year for when it gets cold, because i figure they give even better protection than chaps.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

just like a gun, better to have it and not need it than to need it an not have it. most of the trail of tears riders are veterans odf that ride and know how much debris is on bama roads. try riding in shorts!!! in warm weather i wear a pair of briarproof jeans (double thickness brown denim on lower legs) from bass pro shop. get lots of complements.

Quick Reply: I don't like chaps. Do you?