General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

There was a big toy ride planned for toady and at it's end was a local bike mag's anniversary party. I didnt wanna do the ride so instead I just went and bought a couple of toys and went to the party. The reason for the thread title is that it was already raining when I left the house but the temp had come up into the low 50s again so I just HAD to ride. It wasnt too bad getting there and the first couple of hours there but then the heavens opened up and it came a toad strangler! We even had 1/2-3/4" hale!I ended up staying HOURS longer than I had panned to and despite staying to the bitter end I STILL didnt win jacksh*t in the door prizes or 50/50 drawings! Oh well, saw some old friends and had a good time so nothing lost.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

Well Hell Kevin,

At least ya got to ride ya big winer,

It was so cold here today that the doors on my car froze shut. Automatic windows wouldn't even go down[:@].

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ApeKing
Oh well, saw some old friends and had a good time so nothing lost.
That's what it's all about. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

It had been cold here until yesterday and is back to being cold again. Not car door freezing cold but cold nonetheless.[8D] I had decided yesterday if it was cold AND rainy I was staying home. It was just rainy so off I went. While at the rally it began a steady rain but not too heavy so Ill called the missus and said Im just gonna wait this little shower out. Riiiiiiiiiight! Not 30 minutes later is when it got down right nasty! It let up enough later so it wasnt TOO crazy going home so I am thankful for that.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:11 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Well Hell Kevin,
At least ya got to ride ya big winer,
It was so cold here today that the doors on my car froze shut. Automatic windows wouldn't even go down[:@].

[sm=biker2.gif]
Ya big sissy, donut eating, whiner. It was only 4 above zero this AM w/ 2" of snow. I thought you were a cold weather rider![sm=biker.gif]
It's supposed to be a high of 17 tomorrow and for a change, not much wind. Guess you prob. will find an excuse not to ride tomorrow either.
(I know that I will)
BTW, came back from PA (in the cage) Sat and thought I was going to have to move to Indiana. I was on I-80 Fri. night, started snowing so hard that around 9:30 I got off at Elkart and the woman at the toll booth told me they were predicting 4"-8" (Down KirbyGirl) we're talking about snow). and more possible all week. Morning came and it wasn't too bad except for some patches between South Bend and Chicago.
Man, I hate this. I was planning on one more ride and have less than 1/2 tank of gas in the bike. Oh well. if the snow goes away, I'm only half a block from a gas station, so anything above 25 and I can get gas and put in StaBil, but I'm gonna have to put the battery tender on her, so she'll start. At least that's what I did with the Missus while I was gone. Art

Old 12-06-2005, 10:29 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I had to ride the other day, it was 27 degrees. I was bundled up like an eskimo, but still enjoyed it. Wouldn't want to ride far though... Now it's 18 degrees and supposed to be getting colder each day. Life is very boring when you can't hop on your bike. I keep telling myself that each wake up is one day closer to spring.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

One thing that will keep me sane is that they are coming to build my shop next week. I have a PILE of stuff wating to go in it and Ill be busy setting it up and what not. Also as soon as it is built I need to do my 10K service.