General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Ones or Wild Hogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:41 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wild Ones or Wild Hogs

ORIGINAL: x2lee

i think you contradict your self daily.... Just yesterday you wont sigmn a petition by a heartbroke mother over her sons death because" goverment involvment never helps anything" but today its ok for the law to confiscate your bike if you go 30 over the limit... Are you stoned? Or just that obtuse?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2241764/tm.htm
ORIGINAL: Kolni

Yes I think your bike should be impounded if caught speeding 30 over. You call it an attack on freedom, I call it riding smart. Your freedom ends when you put others at risk. And speeding IS a risk to others.

I could care less if you smoke dope, drink or do whatever....but the minute it has a chance of affecting me then your freedom ends.
LOL. Good call.

Anway, these aren't really biker forums. These are Harley Davidson forums. Lot of difference.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
thelawdoc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LD,
Alas, the world is a changin'. And while I know that every generation likes to say how theirs was the best, oh how I miss the days in the late sixties and early seventies. Nathans onLong BeachRoad. Long Island, not yet populated like today, was Where its at! Yeah, it was tag with the cops all night, but.....ah, fuhgetaboutit.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Drexor69
Tourer

ORIGINAL: celtlion

By impounded do you mean the municipality keeps your bike?

If so that's a $20k ticket to some folks and that would be total ****ing bullshit! A law like that would only be written to generate revenue. Hell, the founding fathers went to war for less penalties than something like that.

I don't ride 30 over the limit but who knows what circumstances or traps could be setup to go from 55 on a country rode to suddenly 25 in some little radar trap town with little or no warning...
In CA it's the towing company that keeps the bike. I had a friend that lost his car over a fix-it ticket, they impounded his car for 30 days and the towing companies charge something like $150 per day for storage! At the end of the month he would have had to pay $4500 to the tow company for a car that wasn't worth $4000.

Sounds to me like the real money is in owning the towing company...

Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So if I decide to drive 30 mph over the speed limit, that amounts to about a $1,000 MPH ticket after they impound my bike...I don't think so.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Drexor69
You are correct, I got the hook many years ago while at spring break in Daytona, a scam it was, and a very expensive one at that.....The towing company that got my Mustanghad all new chromed out rigs....

Back to the original topic, if I'm going to run that far over the limit and losingmy bike is the penalty, it won't be on a cruiser and if you catch me you will have earned it......

Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would post my opinion here, but I'm tired of catching these threads too late in their development and not having the time or caring enough to read through everyone's comments to see what to argue about. So...yeah. Go motorcycles!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Twolf
Road Master

I would feel very sad for a cop or anyone else who tries to take away my bike, my truck, or my dog.

Ya know what I mean? [sm=badbadbad.gif]

The OL is negotiable, however. She don't cook that good and she always talks too much!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:37 AM
1peter
Tourer

I think LDrider is right,bikers are becomming a bit lame,(not all).A bike does not make you a biker!!! Speeding is not necessarily dangerous and I am getting sick of the powers that be making out they are looking after our best interests?? BUL#$%IT. I drove a taxi in Australia a few years ago and the amount of fines I and the other drivers recieved for travelling 5 or 6 km"s over the limit at 2am in the morning was ridiculous.I am sure that by fining us they savedthousands of lives(yeah right) I am 46 years old, been riding since I was 8yrs old and never had an at fault accident on the road??Go figure?And i speed when it is safe to do so!!! What if I only do 29Miles an hourover the speed limit? does that mean I shouldn't have my bike taken from me???Try and takeit away from me!! WAKE UP are you really believing all this bureaucraticgarbage.We live in a democratic society,if you want to be completelysafe, buy a bomb shelter and dont come out!! Otherwise,understand you are being treated like children, and children do what they are told,dont they??? If they want to save lives they should put more money into driver training instead of taking our bikes.Oh yeh,but that might work and we dont want that do we??Bikers used to have a bit of fight in them,wonder whats happened??We couldn't be getting manipulated could we??? NAH not a chance.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:42 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

you know you get down on people who trailer there bikes. know the facts brfore you open your mouth there is a lot of reason people trailer.some are health ,age,trust me you cant ride distance once you get older like you once did. or if you get ran over by some stupid cage . but still alive so you still ride as far as you can .ya i know there is some who just trailer. but what concern is that of yours.you do your thing others do there's . there is alot of talk on this web-site of freedom and or right to do what you want.but when people do others slam you .and some talk about big brother look around keep your own back door clean off.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Rodney1976
Cruiser

I myself would take it to court. To get back at the original post "Are we wild ones or wild hogs". I have been on both ends. When I was young nothing would stop me from "doing my thing". Then I got a little older and took on a family. I had to think about others. I had a different outlook on how my actions good or bad effected others. Things have really changed with time. In the old days you could fight with your fists. Now you have to wonder what weapon he is carrying. I am now 53 and take things a little slower. I still have the wild one in me. I just learned when to let him out.

Quick Reply: Wild Ones or Wild Hogs