General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Ones or Wild Hogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Wild Ones or Wild Hogs

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 09-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: x2lee

i think you contradict your self daily.... Just yesterday you wont sigmn a petition by a heartbroke mother over her sons death because" goverment involvment never helps anything" but today its ok for the law to confiscate your bike if you go 30 over the limit... Are you stoned? Or just that obtuse?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2241764/tm.htm
ORIGINAL: Kolni

Yes I think your bike should be impounded if caught speeding 30 over. You call it an attack on freedom, I call it riding smart. Your freedom ends when you put others at risk. And speeding IS a risk to others.

I could care less if you smoke dope, drink or do whatever....but the minute it has a chance of affecting me then your freedom ends.
Well, I can see the argument for not taking the bike for speeding. But it is still a safety issue.

And in your example the two are not the same thing. I don't support laws that will have no effect. Putting up signs on the freeway warning of motorcycles will have zero effect on safety, writing tickets for speeding does.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:19 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not writing a ticket dude. Its taking your property.... How many years you been working to pay for your bike?You know, I like you, but think about this for a moment....

i think you contradict your self daily.... Just yesterday you wont sigmn a petition by a heartbroke mother over her sons death because" goverment involvment never helps anything" but today its ok for the law to confiscate your bike if you go 30 over the limit... Are you stoned? Or just that obtuse?
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2241764/tm.htm

Yes I think your bike should be impounded if caught speeding 30 over. You call it an attack on freedom, I call it riding smart. Your freedom ends when you put others at risk. And speeding IS a risk to others.

I could care less if you smoke dope, drink or do whatever....but the minute it has a chance of affecting me then your freedom ends.
Well, I can see the argument for not taking the bike for speeding. But it is still a safety issue.

And in your example the two are not the same thing. I don't support laws that will have no effect. Putting up signs on the freeway warning of motorcycles will have zero effect on safety, writing tickets for speeding does.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Its not writing a ticket dude. Its taking your property.... How many years you been working to pay for your bike?You know, I like you, but think about this for a moment....
Yeah, I can agree with that. In this Florida law are they permanently taking the property like in a frug crime or just towing it?

Towing I can understand depending on the situation, but not if they take and keep the property. That's just theft by the government.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, these "laws" have been established by the elected officials in your State or jurisdiction.

As long as the same individuals stay in office it would appear that the majority of the voting public agree with their actions and voting record. If enough people disagree with what is going on a simple solution is to vote different people into office.

It appears that in Florida it would be ina personsbest interest to stay within the law, and especially not ride or drive 30 MPH over the speed limit.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
jbhoyle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I go to Daytona in a couple of weeks I'll be traveling south on I95. As always, if I don't run 20 to 25 mph over the posted limit, I'll be ran over,have the horn blowed at and give the finger, and many other things by everything from a mini cooper to an 18 wheeler. They will blow me off the road like I was in reverse(if i had one) Now will they have there vehcle taken away if pulled over by the man? ME THINKS NOT.
Konw for wanna be bikers, all you have to do is go to bikeweek and see how many haul they bike from as close as 50 miles away in enclosed trailers. I've seen trailers from Jacksonville haulin bikes to Daytona and trailers from Darlington or closer to MB. A friend of mine has on his rear fender "IF YOU SEE THIS BIKE ON A TRAILER, CALL 911, SOME SOB DUN' STOLE IT"

Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
x2lee
Banned

Now thats the beef. Thats what the bill states...
That's just theft by the government.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless they plan on seizing all cars, trucks, etc then kiss my A$$...

Not gonna happen. This is justthe wild wet dream of some tyrant moron who came up with the idea.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

If a law like this is enacted they will look at it as another revenue cash cow and who is to say it is totally error proof. So many circumstances, what if you are passing another vehicle on a two lane road, it is easy to get 30 mph over for a brief time. Should you lose your bike over that?

I certainly do not encourage anyone to go 30 mph over the speed limit but to turn it into a $25,000 ticket is crazy. If you want to impound vehicles, get the guys with multiple DUI's and no valid license.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By impounded do you mean the municipality keeps your bike?

If so that's a $20k ticket to some folks and that would be total ****ing bullshit! A law like that would only be written to generate revenue. Hell, the founding fathers went to war for less penalties than something like that.

I don't ride 30 over the limit but who knows what circumstances or traps could be setup to go from 55 on a country rode to suddenly 25 in some little radar trap town with little or no warning...

Quick Reply: Wild Ones or Wild Hogs