General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do most HD riders scoff at helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do most HD riders scoff at helmets?

I just can't understand all these unenlightened neanderthals in this thread that like toast. English muffins are so much better and government research shows that they are much healthier too! I think there should be a national law requiring everyone to eat English muffins and toast should be banned outright!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: shoptroll

I just can't understand all these unenlightened neanderthals in this thread that like toast. English muffins are so much better and government research shows that they are much healthier too! I think there should be a national law requiring everyone to eat English muffins and toast should be banned outright!!!!!
Plus there made right here in the USA

Old 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Barebackjack

Ride to TX, OK, KS, SD, CO, WY.You will find that the majority of HD riders in those states do not wear helmets.

ORIGINAL: JohnT

It would be helpful to note that the majority of Harley owners no doubt do wear helmets and other safety gear, and are unaware that this forum even exists. Don't confuse the chest-thumping here for anything like a majority opinion.
You left out NM, AZ, UT, LA, MS, AL, FL, SC, and every other freedom loving state in the country.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: SthrnCelt

I suppose I misinterpreted "pussies" as name-calling. Silly me.
ORIGINAL: pococj

This is the exact kind of brainless drivel.... and unwarranted attitude of superiority that disgusts me. When you roll around on your fancy-pants chromed out piece of crap and think it makes you better than anyone else in the world, you are expressing your simple-mindedness and the evidence of an extra Y chromosome. Jackass.
ORIGINAL: Kolni

Because we are hard headed and sports bike riders are pussies.

That's why.
SthrnCelt, since you have been a member for less than a week you might not know Kolni likes to joke a bit. It helps to get to know some of the personalities around here before you go teeing off on 'em. And for the record, we don't encourage personal attacks, as in name-callin'.

Thank you for your attention.
And that's why it helps to know when someone is tossing out a one-liner.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DirtyDave

ORIGINAL: ohiomotoxer

Why is it that most HD riders scoff at what a helmet does ordoesn't dofor you in a crash?

I frequent several sport bike forums, as well as being a sport bike rider/racer myself.
Most sport bike riders wear full face helmets and leathers ora good racing jacket.......and ALL that crash THANK their helmet and gear for saving their life.
The trend in the sport bike world is leaning more to full gear and helmets.
My question to all the HELMETS SAVE LIVES people is; Do you wear a helmet in you auto?
Why not?
Over 90% of fatalities in auto accidents are from head injuries. (only 20% of motorcycle accidents are)
ALL race car drivers wear them.
Hey! No logic allowed. Toe the gooberment line. Repeat after me, "All murdercycles shall be banned. All murdercycle riders shall wear helmets."

Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

Am I the only one that smells a 9 postedTroll in here?

This is the exact kind of brainless drivel.... and unwarranted attitude of superiority that disgusts me. When you roll around on your fancy-pants chromed out piece of crap and think it makes you better than anyone else in the world, you are expressing your simple-mindedness and the evidence of an extra Y chromosome. Jackass.
[/quote]
LOL, just what us mods live for. Allows us to earn our monthly slice of raisin pie. [:'(]

Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you wont sway me to buy a toaster i dont care what u say I dont need a toaster. I dont even eat toast that much. and they aint all that cool. tho the bread is nice and toasty when it comes out of ther toaster. and its smells good.. the texture is a little pleasing to me also. and melted butter and jam rocks! and um they aint that expensive. and um well it smells good. did i say it is warm and toasty? do you have a toaster I can buy cheap? tell u what, money is no object I want 2 of them, top of the line with 4 slots.....
and I want it now. I can do instant payment if you offer a get it now plan.
ORIGINAL: Seth

I don't like helmets,......but I am for toasters. I think everone should at least own a toaster,...whether or not they intend to use it. Just my opinion though,.......

Old 09-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Lowridin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 06train

AAAAH!!!! CINIMON,,,,love it but it gives me heart burn..Peanut butter and banna toast is my favorite.
Try that peanut butter and bananna with some honey. It's awsome.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Dang. Now I'm getting hungry. If I could just get this full face helmet off. Dang it, dang it.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has ever had a serious concussion before, helmets kinda make sense....

Quick Reply: Why do most HD riders scoff at helmets?