General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wyotech SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:21 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wyotech SUCKS

did you offer him any money? now days nobody does anything for free.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:55 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why are you saying, "Wyotech SUCKS", when your problem is with this guy, not Wyotech. Doesn't seem fair to be posting their name like this when they did nothing to you. Just my 2 cents......

Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

pete because him being an instructor for the school and offering to do work on other bikes he is representing their school
but not shovels and the whole attitude he gave on the phone when a friend of his rode there to his house
to ask him about it all was fine till he was told it was a shovelhead

apperantly none of you have not a clue what a Helicoil is as it would matter if it was on a schwinn / a vespa or your twinkie ..... and yes I was going to pay him

I did find another guy whom came to the house and installed it for what his shop charge would of been of $50.00

Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

pete because him being an instructor for the school and offering to do work on other bikes he is representing their school
but not shovels and the whole attitude he gave on the phone when a friend of his rode there to his house

apperantly none of you have not a clue what a Helicoil is as it would matter if it was on a schwinn / a vespa or your twinkie ..... and yes I was going to pay him

I did find another guy whom came to the house and installed it for what his shop charge would of been of $50.00
I think you are out of line here. Being an instructor for a school and doing work on the side is two different things. Not to mention very FEW HD dealerships if ANY will work on your bike. It is policy. Same thing goes with car dealerships as well. The chevy dealership will not work on anything older then ten years by my house unless it is a corvette.
He very well may have been fine with it until he found out it was a shovel head for the same reason dealerships do not work on old bikes. One problem leads to another and before you know it you have a potential "basket case" of problems.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was talking about what vegas was saying. That if the instructor is doing this on the side, and not as a representative of the school, then the school has nothing to do with this.But if you went through Wyotech and they set you up with this instructor, thenthis would be a Wyotech issue.

SayI'm a programmer for IBM andsomeone wants metodevelop a website for them on the side. Thishas nothing to do with my employer(IBM) since I'm doing this on the side and if I reneg on this deal,it's between that customer and me.Now if I were representing myself as an IBM employee to outside side jobs,I'd have a big problem with my employer. And might be needing those side jobs more than ever.....

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

Old 09-28-2007, 11:21 AM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

At the shop I used to work for, we refused service to people all the time. If the car was too old, too rusty, badly damaged, filthy, customer had an attitude, had unrealistic expectations, or if we just had a bad feeling about them. This came from years of beingyanked by jackass customers. If we don't want to wrench on your ride we don't have to. Don't even have to give you a reason. Though, normally we'd just say we were too busy, or "sorry we don't work on _______" and fill in the blank with whatever they were driving. If the customer freaked out about that, we could be sure that we made the right choice.

Here's why. If you're this bent out of shape because he didn't want to work on your bike, imagine if he had damaged your bike. Stuff happens, maybe he drills in crooked, maybe the bike falls of the stand, maybe he scratches your tank with a drill bit.... You'd probably be ranting and raving and bad-mouthing his whole familyin addition to his employer (who evidently had nothing to do with this). For $50? Not worth it.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
ohiomotoxer
Tourer

That AND come to YOUR house.................pffffftttttt