General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Jack

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
dert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Motorcycle Jack

Ive got the Torin jack/Pep Boys...My scoot has been lowered but it was no problem as I put a 1x4 board under the kick stand and pulled a little on the right grip to raise a bit more so the supports would slide under the frame.It straddles the shocks and works with ease.I was surprised at how easy it was to use.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM
dert
Road Master

This raises another ?? .I have not tried it but will the jack fit in front of the shocks on a Flstc or is the correct placement on both ends of the shocks as I do now /stradling the shocks.?

Old 12-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: screwball

Screwball;

Do you know of a jack that will go under the Dyna (WG) without putting a block under the back wheel? Do you know the deal on the adapter Harley sells for lifting Dynas?

Thanks, nod

I bought a cheapo ($49.00) from Harbor Freight. It sits lower than the sears and will slip under my Dyna. I still need a block under the left rear, but I don't have to lift the bike to get the jack under it. It is at our Arizona house, so I can't take a picture.

Harbor freight offers two, the "red" one works. The "yellow" one is just like the Sears.
What's wrong with the Harley jack? I have one, use it under my RK and Dyna. I wash the bikes on it, work on em, and roll em around the garage on it. I took the handle off and chucked my 1/2 drill on and run er up and down with electricity. For the Dyna, you need Harley's adapter, works great.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
W2KOP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the new jack from Craftsman that looks like an automotive service station jack, or is it the original scizzor jack with the foot pedal pump. I have the original scizzor jack with the foot pump, and it works great! Well made! I see it all the time on sale at Sears for around $87.00 dollars which is what I paid for mine, it usually lists for $99.00 dollars. What is nice about this unit is that you can remove the handle, which is nice because it takes up a lot less room and you lift your bike by pumping a foot pedal, and release to lower by hitting a seperate foot pedal. The new service station version, which is nothing more than an automotive jack, with the circular jack plate removed and a double rubber mount at this location, has to be hand pumped to raise your bike and the handle is twisted to lower. You have to remove your hands from the bike while doing these steps. You can hold onto your bike while raising and lowering with the original version. Plus the new version is about double the price, and you have to remove a bolt in the handle to remove it.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:36 PM
KWigley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one for my new Ultra and I have a problem getting it under my bike. I wish it was a little lower to the ground. I have a problem getting it off the jack too when I'm finished. The other day I was having a hard time getting it off and I droped mybike on the concrete. Still makes me mad. But I like leaving it on the jack if I'm not gonna ride for while. I can roll it all ove my shope on it.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

the dealership has rubber brackets you put on your frame for about 20.00 works perfect on mine,better for the frame than wood