General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn or Finger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Horn or Finger?

I just figure that the "finger" represents the best that the individual can come up with.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've come to the conclusion thatthese jokers in cars and trucks don't hear with the stereo up windows closed, with the A/C onand on a cell phone so the horn is worthless.

And they are to busy watching a text message or farthing around using the mirror so they don't even see the bike. If the bike is not seen how they going to see a finger?

Whats the use even using the horn or shooting them the bird???

Save your @ss and put them so far behind you its not even funny.... and hope that you don't get a ticket doing so.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
SteveFish
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday a cagger pulled right out in front of me and my OL. I just missed him and pulled up beside him and said "What the f**k brother" and he just looked at me. Pulled up to light just ahead and told my OL to get off, put down kick stand and walked back to this a** hole. His eyes got as big as softballs, he locked his doors and rolled up his windows and I swear he pissed himself when I leaned down and lightly knocked on his window. All I could do was laugh and walk off. No finger or horn.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My horn would wake up the dead. I guess if we lose the right to run loud mufflers, we could always get alouder horn..........................

Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Last night a guy was starting to drift into my lane....I assume I was in his blind spot, at about the last 2 feet of the right side of his car. I seen it coming, so I just racked the throttle a bit, and is snapped it back into his lane. When I pulled ahead a bit to get a look at the guy, he was trying to say something......when we got to the next light he pulled up next to me and beeped his horn......I thought Ok here we go....I am like three blocks from my house, and I got to get into it with some jerk off.....but he just wanted to say he was sorry???? Go figure......if it was a female the cun^ I can almost guarantee the b!tch would have been having a kniption fit saying I frightened her with my big bad motorcycle.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Blade68
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: anubisss

When I am riding in highly populated areas, which is all the time I try to ride with my left thumb on the horn button so all I have to do is hit it if needed. I assume MSF doesn't condone this but if they can't see me anyway, the finger isn't going to do any good. Had an air horn on a bike about 5 years ago. It was great.
I do the same thing especially when I am in a blind spot or near some cagger who is drifiting all over their lane...

Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

Good loud air horn, not the HD one. I will do a short burst if I even feel cagers are not paying attention. When chit starts to happen I hold the button down until I ride through. When riding with others I try to get up front so I don't blast my buds. Blow them away!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

problem with an air horn is you could scare the shizit out of them causing them to swallow their cell phone or spill their $8.00 starbucks latte' into their lap and then all kinds of mayhem could result

Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteveFish
Yesterday a cagger pulled right out in front of me and my OL. I just missed him and pulled up beside him and said "What the f**k brother" and he just looked at me. Pulled up to light just ahead and told my OL to get off, put down kick stand and walked back to this a** hole. His eyes got as big as softballs, he locked his doors and rolled up his windows and I swear he pissed himself when I leaned down and lightly knocked on his window. All I could do was laugh and walk off. No finger or horn.
that may be a good bet in maine or something, but you try that here in my 'hood, and the bastard will roll town the window and bust a cap in yo ****.

fo shizzle.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Tnicean
Tourer

I practiced using the horn button and thought I was good to go. Last month I was riding with a couple of friends in the smokies and tried to blow the horn in one of the tunnels and all I could do was turn on my left turn signal. My friends made fun of me. I don't blame them. Guess I need more practice.
Tnicean

Quick Reply: Horn or Finger?