General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

26th Oyster Run was GRRRRRREAT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:40 PM
Dave_E
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default 26th Oyster Run was GRRRRRREAT!

A big Hurray for the citizens of Anacortes Washington, who for a day open their town to the largest single day MC ralley in the Pacific Northwest. Took the wife this year on the RKC, she had a blast, it was her first such event. What she found most interesting is that out of I'm guessing10K people in and out all day, 75% or more were our age peers (45-60). The morning started out cold and cloudy, but the sun broke through about 10 and the rest of the day was pure sunshine and warmed up into the hi 60's. Last year it was 80 and almost to hot... especially for the big twins in long lines trying to get out of town! Again...Super job Anacortes! Thanks for another year!

Dave Engel
Stanwood, WA

Old 09-24-2007 | 10:21 PM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: 26th Oyster Run was GRRRRRREAT!

ORIGINAL: Dave_E

A big Hurray for the citizens of Anacortes Washington, who for a day open their town to the largest single day MC ralley in the Pacific Northwest. Took the wife this year on the RKC, she had a blast, it was her first such event. What she found most interesting is that out of I'm guessing10K people in and out all day, 75% or more were our age peers (45-60). The morning started out cold and cloudy, but the sun broke through about 10 and the rest of the day was pure sunshine and warmed up into the hi 60's. Last year it was 80 and almost to hot... especially for the big twins in long lines trying to get out of town! Again...Super job Anacortes! Thanks for another year!

Dave Engel
Stanwood, WA
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]j/k

Old 09-24-2007 | 10:32 PM
eleutheros
Road Master

You are so right. One of the best rides of the year. Took my wife for the first time. She had a blast. Thousands of all kinds of bikes, fresh oysters, lots of vendors; most with good prices, perfect weather, and noisy bikes everywhere. Even people on the side of the road yellin' rev 'em. We stayed a lot longer than we planned.

Old 09-24-2007 | 10:39 PM
Dave_E
|
Outstanding HDF Member

You are absolutely correct, and I get the dumb *** award for the day...forgot the camera AND the cell phoney that has a camera in it also! [:@]Some one help us out here that went with a camera.

Old 09-24-2007 | 10:43 PM
69Shark
Tourer

Ditto on the good things said! We too had a blast! I also forgot my camera! BIG MISTAKE! That will not happen again.
Lots of awsome bikes and plenty of folks! Rows and rows and rows of bikes for many blocks! Very cool and tons to gawk at!

Scott

Old 09-24-2007 | 11:26 PM
jimjlips
Cruiser

I had breakfast @ the cycle barn then took the ferry from muk up whidby over deception great ride.It was my first Oyster run and I was dissapointed . It seemed dis-organized.huge lines if you wanted a beer or needed a bathroom no main stage or events lots of people and bikes but everybody was just wandering .I expected the promoters could have done more than shut down the street and rent space to a few venders like place some sani-cans so people dont have to go into a resturant and wait in line take away the bikes that showed up for somthing entertaining and it would just be Sunday in
Anacortes Jim