Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Brothers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:55 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley Brothers

Where did you get the idea that when you bought a motorcycle you bought into some kind of brotherhood?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:15 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBoyFLSTC

Where did you get the idea that when you bought a motorcycle you bought into some kind of brotherhood?
At the risk of being 'flamed' (which I don't mind), and nothing personal towards anyone, but Ibelieve many people purchase a Harley and automatically assume every other Harley rider is their "Bro" or "Brother"....

Just my opinion, but the term "Bro or Brother" is one of the most overused words in the Harley community, and when used in the wrong content itis almost an insult to many.

To many of us a "Bro or Brother" is someone that has earned that title of respect, and not given to anyone just because of a bike they purchase.

But words have different meaning to different individuals.

And don't even get me started on "The Wave".. LoL.....

Old 09-22-2007, 11:32 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior

When he bought into the marketing.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior

At the risk of being 'flamed' (which I don't mind), and nothing personal towards anyone, but Ibelieve many people purchase a Harley and automatically assume every other Harley rider is their "Bro" or "Brother"....

Just my opinion, but the term "Bro or Brother" is one of the most overused words in the Harley community, and when used in the wrong content itis almost an insult to many.

To many of us a "Bro or Brother" is someone that has earned that title of respect, and not given to anyone just because of a bike they purchase.
Well said.

I cringe whenever I hear someone refer to another motorcycle owner as a "brother".

But ignore me. I'm just pissed because my Camry-driving brothers don't wave at me when I drive my wife's cage.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 AM
AzDon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you and those frats share campus-owned housing, I think you should make arrangements to move off-campus and inform the university about what's going on as the reason you will not be staying.
If you had grabbed that guy and dragged him outside right then and ended it with you "up one", and not been sued, arrested, or expelled, MAYBE they would then leave you and your stuff alone.
In reality, it's unlikely that civilized folks are going to prevail without involving the authorities, or starting a union of other victimized people to collectively ask the university for help. The university is probably not going to do anything to a frat for the complaints of one person, but might de-certify and remove the whole frat for enough complaints. You might also get that frat's national contact info and notify them of what their brothers are engaging in. They could lose their charter for acting as a criminal gang.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 AM
clutchglass
Road Master

Buddy as an American I'd do it (and have done it) for a total stranger if he/she is on the down side of things, and obviousley in the right. I have taughtmy sons (they are both over 6ft & can both do over 1000 situps...total studs!) the same thing. Almost nobody (pervs/killers excluded) deserve to have their dignity taken away. Someone else on here commented about whiping the biggest one of the bunch & the rest will leave you alone. I agree, and add to that...without reservation you have to take the 1st swing & back it up with everything you've got until you have either (hopefully) beaten him into a bloddy mess, or (you may still end up losing the fight) you have at least given sufficient dammage, and demonstrated sufficient courage to cause them to think twice next time.
I am proud to be a member of the Harley Brotherhood, but I see this issue as even bigger than that. Harley is an American thing (It's part of why I love it so much), but so is standing up with a backbone for what you know is right. If folks hadn't done that so long ago...and many times between then and now...there wouldn't be a Harley, or America to love. Keep your head held high, and don't stand for anyone trying to take away your dignity, or anyone elses.
-clutch-

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

are you serious???? go to a HOG rally,,, now tell me you would want one of these bros backin you up
LOL.... you would have to wake them up from their nap, give them some Advill, a shot of geritol,
and point them in the right diretion, cause aint a single one of us that can see or hear!!! lol
best bet, breakout the backgamon board and settle it with a good game!

as far sa me... well I'll get your back,,, swing like a mad man, connect with a few good ones,
be exhausted in about 40 sec's ,, then , make sure when I take one, I land on a soft spot! lol

Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

are you serious???? go to a HOG rally,,, now tell me you would want one of these bros backin you up
LOL.... you would have to wake them up from their nap, give them some Advill, a shot of geritol,
and point them in the right diretion, cause aint a single one of us that can see or hear!!! lol
best bet, breakout the backgamon board and settle it with a good game!

as far sa me... well I'll get your back,,, swing like a mad man, connect with a few good ones,
be exhausted in about 40 sec's ,, then , make sure when I take one, I land on a soft spot! lol
Now that's funny

Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

I agree, and add to that...without reservation you have to take the 1st swing & back it up with everything you've got until you have either (hopefully) beaten him into a bloddy mess, or (you may still end up losing the fight) you have at least given sufficient dammage, and demonstrated sufficient courage to cause them to think twice next time.
While I believe in sticking up for someone who's in need, taking the "first swing" and beating someone "into a bloody mess" pretty much ensures you're going to need a both a criminal and civillawyer once the dust settles.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:21 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

I don't mean to brag but I've been known to have broken a few fists with my face in my younger years.

Quick Reply: Harley Brothers