General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever ride someone else's bike and think...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ever ride someone else's bike and think...

thank god that it's not yours? It happens every once in a while to me. I love my bike...

Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ever ride someone else's bike and think...

I really havent rode one yet that I like better than mine, and I have rode 3/4s of my friends bikes.A friend has a night train I like a lot, but I still think mine feels better... Maybe its just bias???
ORIGINAL: anubisss

thank god that it's not yours? It happens every once in a while to me. I love my bike...

Old 09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't rode any either, but I have seen some that I wouldn't be caught dead riding................

Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Stache
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ridden a few loaners while my bike was in the shop for a day or two. I'm always glad to get back on MY saddle.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Yep...when I rode my mom's Sporty. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice bike, but not for me.

When my hubby's bike was out of commission, we went to the NC HOG Rally in the Outer Banks. I was nice and let him ride my Dyna (although I jokingly threatened to make him ride b!tch), and my mom was nice and let me ride her Sporty (since she doesn't ride long distances yet). I was very appreciative of her letting me ride it for the weekend, and very glad I didn't have to ride two-up, but when I got back on my baby after the weekend, I was reminded even more why I love it so much. The longest stretch we rode at one time without stoppingthat weekend was on our way home, about 100 miles (the Sporty wouldn't go much farther than that on a tank of gas). When we stopped to fill up, I was so sore, it wasn't even funny. But I can ride mine all day with no problems. I think my mom is starting to notice it now too. I really want her to come try mine out around the neighborhood and see how she likes it. She wants to, but is nervous about riding my bike.

Oh...I'm glad my hubby's Softail isn't mine too. I rode it one day to take it to get it inspected for him. I just don't think it handles as well. The Electraglide, on the other hand, I think I could get used to.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Tankerwyf,

I know what you mean. I ride an FXDWG also. My son has a Sporty. As long as it is a short ride the Sporty is fun. Any more than 20 miles or so I wish I had my Wide glide. Yea, I like my bike.

Even rode a few other Wideglides and still like my evo better. Maybe because of the extended controls and the 4" risers on the handlebars. It just seems to fit me better. And the most important part is that it is paid for and all mine.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I rode an 18" over Springer Sportster with right side shift once and it literally scared the chit out of me.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Z_Stingray
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode a buddy's brand new 08 Softtail Custom last night. I'm used to touring bikes so the narrow front wheel freaked me out. It was an awesome bike. With a bit more time on it to get used to the handling, I would be able to run some decent miles. Like you all have said, I was happy to get back on MY baby.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

I rode a Thunder Mountain bobber at a Demo Day once...... once. Yikes! Felt like I was gonna fall off the back. [:-]

Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 AM
DMSC
Road Master

I think the only time that has happened to me was when I rode a Road King at a HD demo day. I was just happy that I bought a heritage instead of the RK. Not so much becuase the RK isn't a nice bike. it just didn't fit me as well as the Heritage right from the start with out having to change things.

Quick Reply: Ever ride someone else's bike and think...