General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever ride someone else's bike and think...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ever ride someone else's bike and think...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
The last and only HD I've ever rode was my old man 84 FXR. I't was a nice ride, but I was young and didn't think anything about it.
forward to 2006. I purchase my 2006 UCSE, while waiting for my ride to be born, I was offer two rides on HD from my neighbors. They both say, come on swing a leg and ride them, uh thanks but, no thanks, I'll wait.
Well the day arrives................. my 1st HD (or street bike, been riding and racin MX for over 30yrs).Well I'll be lying if I didn't tell you I'm scrurred......... proceed to take her out the driveway and around the block to get used to her before heading home 30 miles........... this 850# beast rides like a DREAM!!!! lays over in corners as easy as it can be!!!!!!!!!!!
Get home and go out ridin w/ my two neighbors...... 2002 Sporty and 96 Fat Boy...... after a few hours I say let's switch bikes....... I ride them both and then............. tell them the truth.............. I said......if I would have rode their bikes before mine arrived, I would of cancel my order and bought anything but a HD. Both of their bike were rattle traps and stand up thru the corners........... Glad I didn't!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, know they own a RK & Ultra!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My policy is: I don't ride your bike, and you sure as hell don't ride mine.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

oops, how did that double post happen? sorry!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Katie
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never ridden anyone else's bike, but have had a lot ask to sit on mine...

Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Fred00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 55Bubba

I just don't let anyone ride mine and I don't ride theirs. It'd be like leting them ride the wife. Both of them look awesome and I don't want a rod thrown in either of them

Bubba
You compare your wife to a machine? Nice...[&:]

Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a funny one there! I would have HAD to worn a full face helmet. But I will say this, the guy sure had
some kahunas and agood attitude and ego to ride it home with out no gripes. He's a real biker IMO.
ORIGINAL: TXSwede

None of us have a story this bad though!! My brother here bought this for his wife and had to pick it up and drive it home 16 miles, stopping at the Harley dealer on the way to pay for his bike he had dropped off that morning, and get it outside so we could pick it up later. The guys at the dealer were brutal! As well they should have been, imho! He said little kids in cars were pointing at him and laughing. My nephew, mom and me met him at the corner gas station and followed him the 1/2 block home, so we were all outside when she saw her little pink Princess-Cycle. Man, thats love! I hope he was thanked all night long for this one!! But he said if it ever needs to get anywhere and she can't drive it, he will pay to have it trailered, even if its a block away.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ridden my brother's Triumph Thunderbird a few times. It's a good bike, but the seat sucks. The bike is a standard more so than a cruiser, so the riding position is a little different. I like mine better of course.