General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RUB or not?

Who cares? I quit worrying about what other random people thought about me years ago.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 AM
ez:e
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: doc_cj

Where's Jeff Foxworthy when you need him ... You might be a RUB if ...

10. Your Fatboy breaks down and you decide to take the Ultra instead.

9. You celebrate your first anniversary of buying the bike at the same time you do the 1000 mile checkup.

8. You have more Harley Davidson tshirts in your closet than the dealer has on his racks.

7. You wear HD logo boots with your Armani suit.

6. You forget how to unhook the straps to get the bike down off the trailer.

5. You think RUB refers to a new wax to keep the bike shiney.

4. You ding the paint on your Harley fender with the door on your Cayenne.

3. You fill the radiator with Evian ... no wait ... you have a bottle of Evian but you don't know where to find the water fill cap.

2. You believe that because the tattoo artist used a needle the expense is deductable under medical.

WHOOOAAA!...Are you saying that I could have deducted medical expenses for all my ink?..DAMN

1. Your bike has more blingthan a Gangsta Rapper at the MTV music awards.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

If you have your HD jean jacket starched and pressed you might be a RUB.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If it were not for RUB's there would be no Harley Davidson Corporation as we know it. Who else can shell out 20 large on the way home from soccer practice.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 AM
scardycat
Intermediate

Sticks & Stones [sm=icon_blah.gif] U no the rest.....
[sm=signs007.gif]UR a Rub be proud of it, Rich Urban Biker. Im a poor *** old skool bitch. has to wrench on own **** cant hardley afford to pay some dumb *** dealer, thank my lucky stars, cuz I like being kissed[sm=kissykissy.gif]when Im gettin fukced. carry a **** load of tools, wire, zip ties, nuts,bolts U name it I got it, OH and 200 mile an hour tape. but most and mind U I say most not all Rubs cant even fix there own scoot if they had to. Call trip AAA and there ride is over. Me I some how always get there. and the best is Im a Lady Biker of many years and many miles. I love it when I can help a Rub get there too.
So the moral is if your in the wind gettin a messed up hair do. and not a meesed up head its all good....[sm=wootwoot.gif]
Ride Safe, Ride Sober[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 09-21-2007, 07:32 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OSB?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
beerguytx
Cruiser

I live in the burbs and have paid cash for every bike that I have owned. So I guess I'm a RUB and damn proud of it.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

I guess I am a Rub and also proud of it. I don't care what anyone think of me or my bike and clothes. What I really like is when I am somewhere and the bike is parked, these old German men are the first one's to stand around the bike and talk about it. They don't know I am watching and I don't know what they are saying. It's got to be good though. Germans don't hang around unless they like something. I got a HD and damm proud of it. I messed around with all other makes for 35 something years and I just got to the top. I am a HD owner and if I'am a Rub then, I guess I'am rubbing you the wrong way. Ha!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i would have been a RUB but then i got laid off and took a 30% cut in pay to get another job. when i bought the bike, the wife got so p1ssed that i had to give her the new BMW X5 and i took the '96 chevy van. (remember i bought me a present in april when my son - the last kid - turned 18). but i still live in the burbs (anywhere within 100 miles of chicago is the burbs).

but i ride whenever i can and even sometimes when i can't. takes me 45 minutes each way to go to the hardware store 3 miles away. rode to sturgis and back. planning a road trip on the BRP (is that the abbrev for blue ridge parkway). and my mesh hd jacket is discolored from all the sweat.

so
- Bike
- Urban
- rich - Was

so i guess i'm a WUB

and now my wife makes more than me - and i am pretty happy about that because now her job is more important than mine so i can justify quitting mine - i love it. and the funny thing is that she doesn't realize it and she would probably be pretty upset if she figured out that she was paying for the bike and all the accesorizing.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Motor Head
Cruiser

Can't imagine why anyone else's opinion matters to you.

Quick Reply: RUB or not?