General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DELMARVA........Just got back!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 AM
TraumaKing
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELMARVA........Just got back!

Well I just got back from Delmarva Meet/Show on the eastern shore ( Ocean City,Md) What a beautifull day it was Saturday! I made it a one day trip ( 500mi round trip) and other than the the beast of a cross wind on the Bay Bridge it couldn't have been a nicer ride! The ocean City area was inundated with cycles as far as the eye could see! Local news sated over 150,000 bikes were in town.The show at the race track/fair grounds was very well manored and had lots to see. The Maryland State Police (MSP) were out in droves!!! and as far as I could see did have the slightest intrest in Harley Rider ( or any cruiser type bike for that matter) But they were all over the crotch rockets like stink on sh*t!!! MSP had cars and bike mounts pullin'em over left and right and from the bay bridge to Ocean City. One crotch Rocket rider we came across said they (MSP) pulled their entire group over (15 crotch rockets) issued all a ticket worth $375.00 impounded there rides and then they all had to pay $150.00 each for tow charge and then an impound fee on top of that. They said they wouldn't be comming back....................Right as if we were going to miss them!

Anyway I had a great time on my solo trip ( the 8 asswipes I was suppose to go with backed out) and looking foward to next year!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: DELMARVA........Just got back!

Yeah they like pulling them crotch rocekts over down there. Didn't see it too much this year, but last year they were pulling them over everywhere you went. I actually got pretty luck on my way home from OC on Friday. Was on Rt 113 trying to get home before the rain got heavy. I was going about 70 in a 55. Saw a cop in the median but it was too late. Got over in the right lane and the car behind me rolled by. About a mile up the road I heard the siren. Looked in my miror and started cussing to myself. Got over and he went right by and nailed the car that was originally behind me. Which was nowtwo cars up in the right lane.During this a huge SUV ran right through the redlight that we were stopped at and almost took out another car. Amazing how police presence can distract people so much that it would cause them to go right through a red light.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
baltimorebook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YUP i was down there this weekend and had a good time. A little rain never hurt anyone.... I saw ALOT of cops but didnt see them really pulling anyone over, but their presence was definitely in full force...... Out at the race track was a nice display of vendors and was pretty packed with bikes being parked on top of bikes - my bike was parked in for a few hours but no big deal cuz i wasnt planning on going anywhere..... All in All a good time (but if you plan on getting any sleep dont get a hotel on coastal -- loud bikes all night.... but hey - its bike week!)

Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,422 Likes on 6,179 Posts

I just got back too, we went down on Friday morning and came back today (Sunday). Had a blast, saw lots of cool bikes, drank lots of alcohol, had some great food and partied like a rock star.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got back a few hours ago.I was there for the whole weekend and had a blast!Did lots of riding during the day and drinking at night.Went to the racetrack on Friday.Ichatted withDave Perewitz for a few minutes.Love that Boston accent!I also met Russel Mitchell from Exile Choppers.He seemed like a cocky little English lad!I met Michele Smith at Seacrets on Saturday.She's still still hot. [sm=Awwww.gif]After that,we went to Assateague and saw some wild horses.What a great weekend it was!I'm glad I have off on Monday to recuperate! [sm=sleeping.gif]

Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Storm 4 U
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah we had a blast as usual
Thought we would add a few pics from the trip
Let's see some others from those that attended

Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I just like the look at the beach. All the people are on the bikes. And not on the beach.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
cadman311
Club Member

I rode my bike to trailer week. It was so many trailered bikes. I was looking for the real bike riders. Don't get me wrong there was a lot of bike riders there. But I start asking were is your bike to the drunk people. They all said in the trailer. Myself I ride mine back and forth from baltimore everyday it was just a couple hour ride.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
DoubLeL
Advanced

ORIGINAL: cadman311

I rode my bike to trailer week. It was so many trailered bikes. I was looking for the real bike riders.
This is no lie. Each year it seems to get worse. Thats ok on the way home Sunday, everytime we passed a trailered bike, I just turned my head slow till I had eye contact with the "car/truck driver" and smurked, turned my head back started laughing, as hubby just hit the throttle and up the rode we went!

6 Glorious Days was wonderful!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Storm 4 U
Banned

This thing needs a bump and some more pics

Quick Reply: DELMARVA........Just got back!