General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:06 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)

Since LEO's seem to be a hot topic these days I was thinking about the guys I knew from high school and a few from college that becamepolice officers. I realized one thing: they were all jerks for the most part. They were the guys that seemedOK at first but after you got to know them you realized they were jerks. Once they became LEO's they became bigger jerks as soon as they felt "the power".....I know one guy who actually told me "all those people who treated me like crap, payback's a bit*h!".....I was like, damn hope he never pulls me over. I think most of us have been given a ticket buy one of these jerks and thus the dislike for theseguys. I gotta say tho I respect anyone who puts on a uniform in a REAL CITY (not some red neck town of 2,000) and has their life on the line for a lousy 35K....it's the worst paying job in the world other than a teacher from what I know and read....I read a lot of complaints of people being harassed over crap like tinted windows and what not. I agree, what a waste of time for an LEO. Sure it may not be legal, but there are a LOT worse things going on than someone with tinted windows rolling down the road...and for the cops that make you remove the tint (on the spot) those guys really need to get a life.....OK done venting....to the PO's out there, feel free to flame me now....

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior
Default RE: LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)

I'll just comment on the window tint.
There's a good reason cops hate dark tinted windows when they're walking up to a car. Think about it.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cops should be required to be prison guards for at least a year or two. The "jerks" of the bunchwould quickly learn how to be humble. No guns, no mace, no blackjacks, no stun guns. Just you and your wits, patrolling the toughest blocks in America.
Gary D.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:46 PM
darkkevin
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif] this is gonna get good, i'm going out for a ride, i'm gonna check in (and maybe chime in) later

Old 09-15-2007, 12:50 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

MOST of em?! You want to stick with that? You think over 50% of cops are jerks? Or only the small town ones? I went to High School in a small town in MN. Some of the kids I went to school with were REAL jerks. There 8 cops in the whole town and I met all of them, (at one time or another) And none of em, not one, was a jerk. I'm sorry a fellow Vikings fan living in AZ has had such a hard time with small town cops, that he has to vent in this forum. I hope things start going better for you now that you are in a big city.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that most idiots that didn`t fitin around high school became cops.Now they have the power of the Badge and still act like idiots, but eventually the Badge will fit on there chest like it should. They will no longer need the wagon to tow it around with. The only problem is it takes a long time before they grow into the position of P.O.
I like the 1 to 2 year turnkey idea.
I think it`s a heavy burden to become a P.O. and feel like a normal member of society at first. Everyone has a different reaction to the jobs demands. It takes time to becomehuman.[8D]

Old 09-15-2007, 12:52 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: g money

Cops should be required to be prison guards for at least a year or two. The jerks would quickly learn how to be humble. No guns, no mace, no blackjacks, no stun guns. Just you and your wits, patrolling the toughest blocks in America.
Gary D.
I've been a Corrections Officer for eight years. I walk around in a module of 100-120 murderers, armed robbers, batterers, and so on. Sometimes I have a partner watching from the office, sometimes I don't. All I carry is pepper spray. Humble has nothing to do with it.
"Firm, fair, and consistent,"are three words they drilled into us in training. Sounds corny, but it's how I work. Humble, meek, and trying to be "Officer Friendly," will get you played and eventually stomped or killed. You obviously haven't been there (on the right side of the bars, anyhow).

Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

well you could do like my son and become one of the best in your group in Iraq and then come back home and excell to the best in the Academy (of course he was doing cop stuff before he went to the sand)

but he is a real jerk when ........ his hot rod got totaled by a drunk , when his lowrider truck got stolen with his police uniform in it (both happenedin front of his mothers house) oh and when the doughnut shops are closed ......

Old 09-15-2007, 12:57 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TXSwede

MOST of em?! You want to stick with that? You think over 50% of cops are jerks? Or only the small town ones? I went to High School in a small town in MN. Some of the kids I went to school with were REAL jerks. There 8 cops in the whole town and I met all of them, (at one time or another) And none of em, not one, was a jerk. I'm sorry a fellow Vikings fan living in AZ has had such a hard time with small town cops, that he has to vent in this forum. I hope things start going better for you now that you are in a big city.
I think your missing my point. I'm saying most cops are jerks. I'm not saying small town ones are. Just saying small town cops, obviously do not deal with the stuff that say a cop in Phoenix does on a daily basis. I grew up in a town of 30k in MN and the cops there spend most of their time writing up tickets for 35 in a 30 zone. They don't deal with the same problems, and tell me the last time a cop in a small town was killed in duty. It happens in Phoenix I bet about 3-6 times a year. Those guys I respect. Guys in small towns I repect as well. Afterall, if your in a town of under 2K there isnt a whole lot to do anyway.....that said, yes I think 50% of all cops are jerks and "out to get ya"......flame on!

PS-Go Vikings!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 PM
clg9mm
Advanced

Sounds like somebody cocked off and got an attitudinal adjustment and now has to go on the net to **** and whine about the big bad olice man that was a jerk.I think most will find if you act like a gentlemen you will be treat like one, act like an *** and get yours handed to you....then you can blame the cop for shutting you up.

Quick Reply: LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)