General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 01:02 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)

ORIGINAL: mnvikingsfan

Since LEO's seem to be a hot topic these days I was thinking about the guys I knew from high school and a few from college that becamepolice officers. I realized one thing: they were all jerks for the most part. They were the guys that seemedOK at first but after you got to know them you realized they were jerks. Once they became LEO's they became bigger jerks as soon as they felt "the power".....I know one guy who actually told me "all those people who treated me like crap, payback's a bit*h!".....I was like, damn hope he never pulls me over. I think most of us have been given a ticket buy one of these jerks and thus the dislike for theseguys. I gotta say tho I respect anyone who puts on a uniform in a REAL CITY (not some red neck town of 2,000) and has their life on the line for a lousy 35K....it's the worst paying job in the world other than a teacher from what I know and read....I read a lot of complaints of people being harassed over crap like tinted windows and what not. I agree, what a waste of time for an LEO. Sure it may not be legal, but there are a LOT worse things going on than someone with tinted windows rolling down the road...and for the cops that make you remove the tint (on the spot) those guys really need to get a life.....OK done venting....to the PO's out there, feel free to flame me now....
Why did you even start thisridiculous thread with your stupid bold statement. Are you just looking for an argument or are you really that naive. And look who iscalling the kettle black. You might want to check your facts about pay scales especially since you live in the Phoenix metro area becauseyou are way off. I also really resent you calling my son a jerk, grow up. [:@]

Old 09-15-2007, 01:03 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story and the only time I ever got a warning was coming back from Lake of the Woods in Minnesota at aboutmidnite. I don't remember what town it was, butprobably a town of 200 or so and instead of slowing down to the posted limit of 30MPH, I slow down to about 60. Nowthis town literally takes about 5 seconds to drive through and itsgone. As I go through a car with lights on catches out of the corner of my eye a few blocks down. Islow down to 55 or so thinking oh man I bet that was a cop. Sure enough,it was and he pulls me over. Walksup to thecar and says without batting an eye "where's the fire at son?".....I about fell over laughing. Iapologized, he let me go and was very cool. One of the few that give a break and thank god that ticket would have been huge in MN....

Old 09-15-2007, 01:06 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

Since LEO's seem to be a hot topic these days I was thinking about the guys I knew from high school and a few from college that becamepolice officers. I realized one thing: they were all jerks for the most part. They were the guys that seemedOK at first but after you got to know them you realized they were jerks. Once they became LEO's they became bigger jerks as soon as they felt "the power".....I know one guy who actually told me "all those people who treated me like crap, payback's a bit*h!".....I was like, damn hope he never pulls me over. I think most of us have been given a ticket buy one of these jerks and thus the dislike for theseguys. I gotta say tho I respect anyone who puts on a uniform in a REAL CITY (not some red neck town of 2,000) and has their life on the line for a lousy 35K....it's the worst paying job in the world other than a teacher from what I know and read....I read a lot of complaints of people being harassed over crap like tinted windows and what not. I agree, what a waste of time for an LEO. Sure it may not be legal, but there are a LOT worse things going on than someone with tinted windows rolling down the road...and for the cops that make you remove the tint (on the spot) those guys really need to get a life.....OK done venting....to the PO's out there, feel free to flame me now....
Why did you even start thisridiculous thread with your stupid bold statement. Are you just looking for an argument or are you really that naive. And look who iscalling the kettle black. You might want to check your facts about pay scales especially since you live in the Phoenix metro area becauseyou are way off. I also really resent you calling my son a jerk, grow up. [:@]
I never called your son a jerk! I'm saying there are a lot of cops who are jerks. There are a lot of car salesman or bankers, etc.who are jerks. Cops tend to be bigger jerks than most I think. I don't know your son so it seems to me you are assuming he "is a jerk"....now I'll go grow up

Old 09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Mistermooster:
I retired from a maximum security prison in Pittsburgh after 31 years. You have8 years as a C.O., I've spent 8 years in the head reading the paper. Humble has EVERYTHING to do with it. You can't go into any law enforcement job without being humble. Thinking you are a sheriff in the old wild west will get you killed.
Gary D.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

so you are in Phoenix ? did you know the cop in Chandler that got fired recently for making **** movies with his wife as a side business ? ....... True facts.......

Old 09-15-2007, 01:11 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

Also I do know something about pay scales. A good friend of mine (and yes he's a jerk in uniform) is a LEO in Scottsdale. Starting salary 43K. That's with a 4 year degree and top 3% of his class. He works a TON of OT to make 60K....not enough to face the stuff he does on a day to day basis.....and yes, he laughs about some of the crap he does and citations he writes....

Old 09-15-2007, 01:14 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

so you are in Phoenix ? did you know the cop in Chandler that got fired recently for making **** movies with his wife as a side business ? ....... True facts.......
Had not heard that! There was some idiot cop in Chandler, who left his K-9 dog in his truck and the dog died. They are pressing charges on him I believe. What an idiot. He claims "he forgot about the dog".....main reason heforgot was he was putting in like 60 hour weeks to pay his damn bills....say story.....how do you leave a dog in your truck all day and not realize he's around???

Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

You do 60 in a 30 zone and you think cops are jerks...?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
KINGRAY
Novice

Lot of cops on this thing that carry the same attitude on this site as they do at their job.I'm sure they are not going to like this topic and will prove your point ( jerks )by pulling the plug on this soon.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Wags1
Tourer

I think you are way off the mark. I ride with and am Friends with a large number of police officers. I grew up around both police officers and firefighters as my Dad's two best friends were a police officer and a firefighter. My observation is that the "jerk factor" is about the same as for any other high stress, high visibility profession that has to deal with the public. Personally I think their are more "jerks" as a percentage of the general public than in the ranks of police officers.

But then that is JMHO!

Quick Reply: LEO's and why their really jerks....(most of em)