General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Trip Review

Just got back from a 5 day trip from Seattle, Wa. over to Yakima area, then down through central Oregon to Crater Lake in southern Oregon. My son and his friends invited "the old man " to come along, so I jumped at the offer.Four of usleft Seattle on Thursday evening, rode over the mountains to eastern Wa, met up with three other bikes, spent the night, then headed out to Crater Lk.
We rode thru miles and miles of farm land, rolling hills of crops from horizon to horizon, then thru desert land for many more miles. Then we arrived at Diamond Lk Resort, where we spent 2 nights. The next day we spent riding around Crater Lk, (formed from volcanic eruption 7000 yrs ago). Its about 35 mi's around with many lookout sites. The lake is 1200-1300 ft below the rim,almostr completely inaccesable.Gorgeous!
After two days, we rode down thru the mountains alongside the Umpqua river to the coast, then rode hwy 101 up to Lincoln City, spent the night with ocean front hotel rooms, then rode into Seattle on Monday.
This was a great ride, our lead rider picked the most twisty roadshe could find.Outstanding weather (sunny every day), and those of you who call Oregon home, WOW!, you've got a beautiful state! I didn't see any area I wouldn't love to live in.
I know, I know, where's the pictures. As soon as My son downloads, and e-mails them to me, I'll post some.
Sorry for the long post, but it was too good not to share!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Road Trip Review

Sounds like you had a great trip...

I spent some time in Des Moines and Kent area(right outside of Seattle), and have some relatives thathave a fruit orchard down in Hood River Oregon.

Use to ride from the Seattle area down into Oregon quite often, and there is some nice country out there....

Enjoy.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I hope to be moving out there soon!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sweet.....those are the types of memories you'll have of your son forever.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM
jayc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just moved up from Beaverton, OR to the Seattle area. There's some great riding in Oregon. The place you should have gone on your trip back up was Cape Meares. It's about 40 miles north of Lincoln City near Tillamook. It is part of the three capes scenic lookout. It has a lighthouse, which is open to the public, on top of the cliff. It is also one of the prime whale watching sites. It is one of my favorite destinations.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome trip... I am glad you were able to go.