General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF Skyline Drive ride Pt. II Oct. 6th 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:09 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: HDF Skyline Drive ride Pt. II Oct. 6th 2007

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000

Howdy,

We need the name of a good hotel/motel to stay at in Winchester if that will be the start point on Saturday.

Any suggestions?
Best thing to do is go to expedia.com or hotels.com and search for hotels in Winchester. When you find one go to that hotels site to book your reservation. It will be cheaper. I use those to sites for reference only. What are you looking for?? Cheap or nice.
Since the wife is going with me, a nicer place,

If I were alone I would just camp,

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:30 PM
chrisnva
Advanced

F Y I winchesterHD is on RT 50 east of winchester by about 2-3 miles

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:34 PM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Just got off the phone with Rob (Tow) a bit ago. If it ok with everyone we are going to bypass Skyline Drive because of the possible poor conditions. We are going to set up a nice 200-300 senic drive in the area. Rob is going to plot it out this weekend. But if everyone is still insistent on the Drive then we can add that into the mix. Just voice your feedback so we know.

Meeting time is going to be 10am at Groves HD in Winchester.

Old 09-29-2007 | 05:57 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't know how bad the road is presently, but it is a beautiful ride if it could be at least partially ridden.

Will be happy for any scenic route though,

The leaves are just turning here where I live,

Old 09-30-2007 | 07:42 AM
[Hooligan]
Road Master

Just got off the phone with Rob (Tow) a bit ago. If it ok with everyone we are going to bypass Skyline Drive because of the possible poor conditions. We are going to set up a nice 200-300 senic drive in the area. Rob is going to plot it out this weekend. But if everyone is still insistent on the Drive then we can add that into the mix. Just voice your feedback so we know.

I am on board with that. My day is dedicated to ridding with you guys no matter where the ride goes..

Old 09-30-2007 | 08:12 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: [Hooligan]

I am on board with that. My day is dedicated to ridding with you guys no matter where the ride goes..
Hey Gary. You and Kim still looking to stay over??? Would it be just Saturday night or Friday and Saturday?? We are prolly gonna grab a hotel right in Winchester. We found a pretty inexpensive hotel right on Rt 11 in Winchester. Gonna make reservations in the next day or two.

Old 09-30-2007 | 08:15 AM
PIXEL
5th Gear

Scenic route might be the way to go for this ride considering the road conditions on Skyline Drive. Long range forecast for that area looks good so far ... partly cloudy with high of 82.

Old 09-30-2007 | 08:53 AM
[Hooligan]
Road Master

ORIGINAL: [Hooligan]

Hey Gary. You and Kim still looking to stay over??? Would it be just Saturday night or Friday and Saturday?? We are prolly gonna grab a hotel right in Winchester. We found a pretty inexpensive hotel right on Rt 11 in Winchester. Gonna make reservations in the next day or two.
Maybe just Saturday night depending on how the day goes. We are only an hour an half from Winchester, so we'll probably head there Saturday morning.

Old 09-30-2007 | 09:53 AM
zombie
Banned

I'm definitely in, and won't be riding bitch I will be riding the new scoot though, old one still out of commision.

Sorry to hear you won't be makin it Eastern...my ego's gettin too big again and could definitely use some deflating

Ol Biker and Firestarter...you want to do the same as last time and meet up at East Coast and ride out together?

Last time we all rode out, some of us hooked up at the Sheetz and rode out to Grove's, we planning on doing the same thing this time, or just hook up at Grove's?

The route don't matter too much MM, so long as we're riding.

Old 09-30-2007 | 11:02 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

1000 hrs at Groves. Elaine and I will see y'all there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/E3BDA34D77BF4C768DB2CC0628448F1C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HDF Skyline Drive ride Pt. II Oct. 6th 2007