General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viet Nam Vets Wall Defaced!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Viet Nam Vets Wall Defaced!

that explains why only the crackpot websites covered the story, and the reputable news agencies ignored it.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My girlfriend and I was at The Wall this past weekend. I noticed it but thought maybe it was candle wax or some type of oil from lanterns or something. Most of the damage was on the sidewalk area and not the actual wall itself from what I could see.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Dragonsoni
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mchildree

Unbelievable. But then again, I find it hard to comprehend the treatment these guys got when they came home from 'Nam too. America may be a great country (I truly believe it is), but we are just as capable of producing human garbage as anybody...and unfortunately the guys with their names on this memorial gave them the right and the ability to be that way. Ironic, ain't it?
My dad came back from Vietnam in October of 68' after the TET (Navy Combat Corpsman - 2nd Battalion4th Marines 3rd Marine Division (aka 2/4 3rdMar Div)- Magnificent Bastards). That was some crazy ****.

His plane was re-routed when he came back into California because protesters were shooting soldiers as they got off their plane. Served andLived through a war and your own people kill you.

Probably the same people criticizing Iraq and Afghanistan. Live in freedom and never gave anything for it.

On a side note - I didn't serve but my family suffered immensely because my Dad did (Agent Orange Cancers/Diabetes, PTSD and misc related illnesses). All three ofhis kids were born after the war,its strange we all weighed in at a little over 4 pounds when born, all have gouty arthritis, various health problems and problems from living in ahouse that was dark andlocked-up all the time (very tense at times). Thanks Uncle Sam.

However, the cost of war is very high and it affects generations but I will take it over the alternative any day.

USA Patriot

Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

We need to be more like Israel . EVERY citizen over the age of 18 MUST serve at least 2 years in some capacity of the military. NOT the Reserves. No Exceptions for ANY reason. If disabled, you can still serve at a desk. This would give these punks that don't understand, a brand new perspective. I believe that you would see a large change in this country if we were to do this. Maybe even a change in our elected officials when THIER kids have to go and serve in active duty.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Stevopevo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: masterblaster

Not surprised, we are raising a bunch of scary video game playingwussies, they hate America but know no better. I sound like my Dad talking about the Hippies, he still might be right????
I'm P!ssed. and thats a bit of a generalization. unless your not counting the para-military youth groups (C.A.P. , JROTC, ect). but i know exactly who your talking about. i see a ton of those kids at my high school.

There should be a guard.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stevopevo

I'm P!ssed. and thats a bit of a generalization. unless your not counting the para-military youth groups (C.A.P. , JROTC, ect). but i know exactly who your talking about. i see a ton of those kids at my high school.

There should be a guard.
Nah, we just need Dad to use the belt when called for. The kids aren't the wussies...it's their parents.