General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highbeams or low beams?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:54 PM
MY08Roady?
Advanced
Default RE: Highbeams or low beams?

ORIGINAL: cowboy Harry

No. I hate to look at high beams. Day or night.&nbsp\\; Some peoples vision is affect adversly by bright lights. My opinion.&nbsp\\; Only a real dumasss rides with thier bright lites on in traffic.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; [8D]
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I'm glad some said this.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Besides, my high beams are dual 130w halogens...bet their brighter than yours.

Old 07-09-2008 | 04:39 PM
mark10
Road Master
Default RE: High beams or low beams?

i find it interesting that there is some discrepency about which is&nbsp\\;easier to see during the day&nbsp\\;- the high beam or the low beam with passing lights.&nbsp\\; will have to test that out.&nbsp\\; i had always figured three lights were better than one.
&nbsp\\;
i also added some additional lights - kyryakin - that attach to the turn single lights.&nbsp\\; i can have a total of 5 lights on with low beam and then these 2 new ones with the high beams.&nbsp\\; what i like about these lights is they light up the shoulder area real nice for night time driving.&nbsp\\; plus my amber turn signallights are on all the time.
&nbsp\\;
i will use what i have to in order to see the road, taking into consideration the oncoming traffic and the cars ahead of me.&nbsp\\; i will usually lower the high beam when behind a car or when oncoming traffic is there.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 06:54 PM
ILTim
Cruiser

Highbeams all the time?&nbsp\\; Thats some SERIES AZZHATTERY.&nbsp\\; I'm the jerk in the oncoming lane swerving all over the place because I cant see the road anymore.&nbsp\\;

Go to hell.

I don't care how bright a day it is, most modern high beams hurt the eyes.&nbsp\\; I know that I can see a bike with passing lamps more easily, and also judge its location/size/speed more readily.&nbsp\\; If the azzhat is trying to out-do the sun, I can't look at it long enough to judge its distance or speed.&nbsp\\; I'm young and have fantastic vision.&nbsp\\;

Another thing, at first I was surprised how "dim" my high beem seemed at night since the passing lamps turn off, but then I realized how the high beam is aimed further down the road, and the bright passing lamps on the near pavement distract you from seeing far down that dark road at night.&nbsp\\; Having passing lamps on with the high beam, when you actually have a REASON to be using the high beam, is a hinderance.&nbsp\\; Like someone shining a flashlight at the side of your head, right in your peripheral vision.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008 | 07:17 PM
Bullys FLSTN
Cruiser

I've only got one light, but&nbsp\\;i make the most of it. I rewired the light so when my high beam is on, my low beam is on also, but only low beam when switch is on low. Massive amounts of light.[sm=interesting.gif]