General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should left lane hogs be ticketed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts
Default RE: Should left lane hogs be ticketed?

I don't CARE what the speed limit is.

I almost got hit night before last. If the left lane was clear, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't even know how fast the lead obstacle was going while he was blocking the fast lane. He may have been going the speed limit.

All I know is the lead obstacle created an unsafe situation that almost got me killed.

That's the reality.

To all you people who think you are perfectly entitled to drive 2 mph over the limit and camp in the fast lane- if I get in front of you and go 1mph over the speed limit and hold you up I'll bet you'd be pissed off, huh ? Admit it.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

What a bunch of whiners. Where I live, we're still trying to get our first four lane so we can whine, too!

Seriously, Mn has some of the worst left lane drivers, as well as lane switchers, another hazard, in the country. I absolutely hate driving around Mpls/St. Paul, Rochester, or St. Cloud. Frickin' idiots.

For those of you who have stated you are gong the speed limit, so you have "the right" to be in the left lane....when was the last time you had your speedometer calibrated to even know how fast you're going?

DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

I almost got hit night before last. If the left lane was clear, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't even know how fast the lead obstacle was going while he was blocking the fast lane. He may have been going the speed limit.

All I know is the lead obstacle created an unsafe situation that almost got me killed.

That's the reality.

To all you people who think you are perfectly entitled to drive 2 mph over the limit and camp in the fast lane- if I get in front of you and go 1mph over the speed limit and hold you up I'll bet you'd be pissed off, huh ? Admit it.
Thanks for proving my point as to it's ok to disobey some of the laws whenYOU think it's ok, but everyone else shouldn't.....

Old 09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

Best one I've seen recently was two 18-wheelers log haulers runnin' side-by-side down 59 near Marshall. Man pulled 'em both over - obstructing traffic, drag racing! Racing was dropped but it got their attention.
Now, this is pretty damn incredible. I'm in Marshall, Mn, and Hwy 59 runs through here, too!

In my travels through your state, I observed something I had never seen before, and that was drivers pulling over to the right onto the shoulders to let me go by. The first couple of times it happened, I thought they were having car trouble.

The other thing, is never ever seeing a state that didn't have an open bottle law. I'm driving down the freeway from Houston to Galvaston and a car load of kids passed me over a cold one!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Rodent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as they are doing the speed limit, what are they doing wrong?
If they are doing the spped limit, and you come up behind them, wanting them to move over, you must be speeding, which will get YOU a ticket.
If I'm driving my truck or rideing my bike at the posted speed limit (YES IT HAPPENS) and someone climbs on my azz, I just continue with my speed, which forces them to go around if they want to go faster. I have just as much right in the left lane as you do. The left lane is not posted "FOR SPEEDERS ONLY".

Old 09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

That's the reality.

Sorry to here about your close call, I went to find the thread. But the guy behind you was the one that almost killed you...you mentioned that he was going an estimated 30mph faster..if you were at or over the limit they would have to be near 100..thats crazy fast in traffic.

would I be pissed if you were poking in the left lane,,,,Nope...I'd pass you on the right when it was safe or I'd follow if I was in a place where it wasn't legal.
It is what it is, everyone knows that common courtesy is not so common anymore..and that is a shame.
If someone is running up my *** and I'm in the left, I'll move if its safe (if I think its safe)
I don't think I'm any more "entitled" than anyone, I just try to get from point A to point B without getting killed or causing injury to someone else.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,915 Likes on 816 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rodent

As long as they are doing the speed limit, what are they doing wrong?
If they are doing the spped limit, and you come up behind them, wanting them to move over, you must be speeding, which will get YOU a ticket.
If I'm driving my truck or rideing my bike at the posted speed limit (YES IT HAPPENS) and someone climbs on my azz, I just continue with my speed, which forces them to go around if they want to go faster. I have just as much right in the left lane as you do. The left lane is not posted "FOR SPEEDERS ONLY".
Knowing that the left lane is meant for passing, WHY would you just cruise in the left lane at the speed limit?

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Far 3ast
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

I still find it ironic that all you people that are saying the people in the left hand lane should get the f--k out of the lane because of the signs and laws, yet blatently ignore the fact that you most likely are speeding, which is again clearly stated on the signs (and are laws!) So it's ok to disobey the laws when you feel like it, but if someone else is, they are scum-losers that should be drawn and quartered!

Sounds like everyone is a bunch of hypocrites!
The point of this thread is whether people camping in the left lane should be ticketed. As we all know, speed limits are rigorously enforced. Even in states where there isa keep right except to pass law, it is not generally enforced.Why are some traffic laws enforced and others not? There's your hypocrisy.

DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hdpearson13

NC(eastern part thats all i have explored so far)has got to have some of the dumbest drivers i have ever seen
I agree with you, and I LIVE here! They drive me absolutely insane!

DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

saying you would just cruise along in the left lane and follow till it was safe to pass on the right I beleive it is illegal to pass on the right just about every where which means you would have broken a law that you choose to not like just like my driving along at 100 or so my choice GET OFF MY FREEWAY all you do gooders that think you are sving me a ticket GET OFF MY FREEWAY. if the freeway really scares you people that much GET OFF MY FREEWAY........

DuciDay (07-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Should left lane hogs be ticketed?