General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should left lane hogs be ticketed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Should left lane hogs be ticketed?

The Pace of life must be too hard on somebody. Move to where theirs not as many people.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 PM
05RdKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who speeds and who is in the wrong lane is for the cops to decide and ticket, and NO ONE ELSE - I also know the left lane is the PASSING LANE, the FAST LANE, and the stay the f**k out of the way lane, and don't try to impose any laws onanyone unless you're a cop - just get out of the f**kin' way and we'll all be happy - it's BS for someone tostay in the left lane and state that the speed limit is 55, and they are at 58 so they are OK - MOVE OVER!!!!! you're not a cop - and when you try to make that 3 lane change to catch your far rightside exit at the last minute, after you have been jamming up traffic for the last 10 miles (as so many do), I'll be right there next to you when I can, the whole way, to be sure you don't make that exit, and if you want to stop, I'll show you what road rage istoo ......

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 07:29 PM
rickxx
Tourer

ORIGINAL: daconiam

Do not pass on the right is the key, not a requirement but the right has the most blind spots when you come up behind someone. There are plenty of signs all over the states either "left lane for passing only" or "Slower traffic stay to the right". So unless you are ACTIVELY passing someone the stay to the FAR right, not hanging out in the middle lane either. If people are passing you on the right then get your **** over, you are causing traffic problems. Just watch the road in front of you and see what a slow person in the middle or the left lane does to traffic, it is dangerous!

It does not matter why I want to pass you or go faster in the left lane. I could have a hurt kid in the back seat, I could be on my way to hear my dying Father's last words. It is not your business to hold my speed down to the limit. We pay police to take care of the speeders.People will speed regardless of anyones "holier-than-thou attitude of going the speed limit in a passing lane" just because they feel they are the moral saviors of the free world, it just makes the speeder weave all over the road to get to their destination (hospital/kids baseball game/airport/drunken party) and end up cutting me off or better yet running me off the road while trying to pass them on the right.
couldn't agree more. if you're getting passed by cars on the right....GET OVER. it pisses people off and you're likely to cause an accident as people are slamming on their brakes behind you. if you see yourself in this thread.....

DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
ace57
Cruiser

I was just thinking about this on the way home...funny.
I think many people, not all, stay in the fast lane and go slow just because they are friggin aholes.
I have watched these people and many of them seem to be just doing it on purpose...

Speed limit?? In Massachusetts thats just a "suggestion" and you'll get your *** run off the road if you just do "the speed limit" in the fast lane, especially during rush hours.

I say get the flip out of the way and move over, the fast lane/passing lane is just that...for going FAST or PASSING.

So many headgames on the road, it's not funny. And yeah, "camping" in the fast lane will get a lot of people pissed off, and cause them to drive more irratically around them, and endanger YOUR slow moving *** more. So move over.

ace57
'06 FLHRS "mattie"

DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 PM
tplyons
Tourer

IMO, the left lane is a passing lane and only that. I'll bounce between the left lane and the center lane, riding in the center and moving left to pass, before moving back over. I'm talking about 5 or so over to pass. The other thing I hate is when people in the passing lane match the speed of someone next to them.

In NJ, passing on the right is illegal and can be taken as aggressive driving. Anybody running slowly in the left lane that forces me to pass on the right generally gets the finger.

DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BULLDOG88

Bulldog is going to rant.

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING.
IF YOU ARE NOT PASSING, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!
For anyone who has never let their undeveloped, non liner thinking capable brain allow the idea that there is a chance someone else may NEED to get somwere faster than you, get off of your self righteous high horse and get out of the way!

Situations DO arise when it is CRITICAL that someone gets form point A to Point B and ther is a need for speed. Like it or not, the road is the way people have to use.I will give just ONE example for the gnat brained among us.

A private messenger moving blood from one hospital to another.
Move over.
I'm not saying that everyone that wants to go 56MPH in a 55 is in this situation, but what possible justification can there be for the one time it is and some pompus a$$ won't move?
[sm=exactly.gif]
Its the passing lane, used for errm, well, passing. It is a law here in colorado, and you will be pulled over for it and ticketed if you dont follow that law. Its alot like our litter law, you want to see a pissed off cop up close? toss a ciggarette butt out your window infront of him, he will give you a nice shiny $1000 dollar ticket for your troubles.

DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
meveratt
Tourer

Global News in BC (Canada) had a bit about that last night, and the Ministry of Transpo is bringing in new signs and will be ticketing Left Lane Hogs. Which should improve things big-time on that parking lot we call Highway 1.

Of course, two things need to happen first -- Left Lane Hogs need to learn to read, and the cops need to ticket them, instead of going for the easy-pickins like me going 10 over...

DuciDay (07-02-2024)
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,915 Likes on 816 Posts

ORIGINAL: meveratt

Global News in BC (Canada) had a bit about that last night, and the Ministry of Transpo is bringing in new signs and will be ticketing Left Lane Hogs. Which should improve things big-time on that parking lot we call Highway 1.

Of course, two things need to happen first -- Left Lane Hogs need to learn to read, and the cops need to ticket them, instead of going for the easy-pickins like me going 10 over...
Yeah, the biggest problem is always lack of enforcement. You can have all the laws in world, but they're worthless if not enforced.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]