General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA Barn tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007 | 11:44 AM
Qball
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default PA Barn tour

Buddy at work talking about taking a trip to PA and doing some barn tour where you look at old barns that were painted as advertisements?? We could not find anything online. I said if anyone knows......someone here will.

Thanks

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:48 PM
blaw
Cruiser
Default RE: PA Barn tour

There are a couple of barns painted up on Rt.30 in Bedford and Westmoreland Counties. They were painted a couple of years ago in celebration of the Lincoln Highway.

More information of the Roadside Museum available here:
http://www.lhhc.org/museum/index.asp

I snapped this shot a couple of years ago:

Old 09-08-2007 | 02:54 AM
nighttraingirl
Tourer

Well I feel dumb. I have seen those murals in McConnellsburg and Chambersburg a zillion times and didn't know there were more of them! Maybe sometime I will go on a ride and look for some other ones.

However, when I read this post I immediately thought of the Mail Pouch barns....
http://www.ohiobarns.com/mpbarns/loc...pb_barns_.html
This link provides locations of all barns in all states. Even long. and lat. so you can use a GPS to find them. Cool. New excuse to get myself a GPS. I couldn't find info about an organized tour, though.
SO which was your friend talking about? I am betting on the mail pouch barns, as only two of the lincoln highway murals are on barns, and the mail pouch barns are on much more interesting roads! (rt. 30 can be boring and has a lot of tractor trailers in places)

Old 09-08-2007 | 03:03 AM
nighttraingirl
Tourer

There are Hex Barn Art tours, but those are not "advertisements".
http://www.readingberkspa.com/content.asp?page=hexbarn
Gee, people sure must like to look at barns.

Old 09-08-2007 | 05:32 AM
beltfedM60E3
Cruiser
Old 09-08-2007 | 05:47 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

hmmmh, what part of PA is this,,, N,S E, W..???

Old 09-08-2007 | 09:33 AM
06train
Road Warrior

hmmmh, what part of PA is this,,, N,S E, W..???
More south .. I live in central,PA. Take rt.30 is more the mid south rt. across the state..A very historic route..The lincoln highway.. Lots to see ..

Old 09-08-2007 | 11:11 AM
stubby
Road Captain

The best riding in this state is along the northern tier. Route 6, Rte. 44, Rte 15 from Mansfield to Williamsport, Rte 120. The barns you are looking for are around Lancaster Co. and heading West. The north state is mountainous with plenty of neat little towns and hundreds of miles of hassle free riding. The south is fairly flat and has more carcongestion then up north. If you check where the Amish communities are in the state you will find the barns.

Old 09-08-2007 | 08:49 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

I live in Lancaster county, its south central PA. There are alot of those painted barns around our area. As a matter of fact theres one about 3 miles from my house.

Old 09-08-2007 | 09:23 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: boe1971200

I live in Lancaster county, its south central PA. There are alot of those painted barns around our area. As a matter of fact theres one about 3 miles from my house.
Boe, are you talkin' about the one off the Rheems exit of 283 just passed the Trop Gun Shop?

Quick Reply: PA Barn tour