General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gorgeous Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 07:56 PM
One Terrific Hog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gorgeous Day

What a Nice day for a ride! I am a newbie albeit an old one but still really digging this whole new experience. Taking a ride off the back side of Signal Mtn. TN and slowly going down the mountain really amazed at how much nicer a cruiser is than those damn Buell's in the Rider's edge class that I could never get to shift right and really digging floor boards...... Boy this is coool! Got off the mountain for the first time last week but today is different, it's a little warmer or shall I say the sun is out and gives that fuzzy feeling that makes everything "just so just right." But best of all everyone else is having there Turkey and it's just me, my bike and this winding mountain road...

We, that is my wife, my fourteen year old daughter and I have made a decision..since there is no family coming in this year, we decided to have STEAK! No turkey this year...this gives my wife more time (Because she could sit down and watch the Macy's Parade and she suggested I go for a Long ride) Damn I love her! Now this is what I call fine got past the little village of Dunlap got out on TN111 (expressway) and took this bad boy up to 75 at times but mostly around 60 cause of the winds coming off the mountain. Still no windshield cause I want to experience the same feelings the purist do and boy do I. I had a tailwind on the way to the turn around but on the way back up TN111 I get the full force of the winds beating against me and it's a real trial to keep up the higher speed finally I relent and drop down to 45, Hell there isn't a soul out here I can go as fast as I want who cares it just beautiful out here!

I ride back up the mountain with another 90+ miles on the bike and feeling good. No I don't feel like an old hand I feel priviledged and yes thankful to live in a country where a man or a woman can go as far as they want to carry themselves and control their own destiny without any despot or religious freak getting in the way. Yes I am Thankful and I hope the best for all of you other Newbies out there.. Ride Safe Be Cool.

One Terrific Hog (Wilbur)

Old 11-24-2005, 10:54 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Gorgeous Day

Sounds like a good day, and I'm glad you got to enjoy it...here's wishing you many more!

Mac

Old 11-24-2005, 11:33 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

it was awsome in eastern nc today.......!

Old 11-25-2005, 01:25 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect story Wilbur. Sounds like you had a fantastic ride. That sort of thing is why I love riding, just getting out there and soaking it in, no destination, no responsibilities to anyone but myself, just rolling. Thanks for sharing.

Keep on enjoying the ride.

Heath

Old 11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
FreedmRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best part is just heading out and seeingf where you end up. Great story...enjoy the ride