General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson History

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
gmccauley
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson History

ORIGINAL: doggiedave

Maybe, Vrods are gay
That's mature

Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it needs to be added to the History.

I don't see the Revolution going on other bikes (I do see more water cooling ahead though, but the X-Wedge shows Air-Cooling ain't dead), but it is what it is; IMHO, one of the best engines ever produced, moving a 675 pound bike, off the showroom floor at will run about a 12 second 1/4 mile. It's a Harley and should be included.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

Well, no one can change history and it is a fact that the revolution engine is part of it. I don't see what all the complaining is all about.....

Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

I agree, it needs to be part of Harley history. AMF is.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: doggiedave

Maybe, Vrods are gay
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BadBoyFLSTC

I agree, it needs to be part of Harley history. AMF is.
LMFAO, Yup

Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,811 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Hey bikerbill, i understand in the very first lineof the first post that you wouldn't mind being called a troll cause you like the attention. Yes, I recognize the fact that you like the v-rod and that's okay by me but you need to look at the statistics or facts. the bike did not catch on because of the faithfulness inthe harley family of an air cooled v-twin, developed in this country and it is still going strong for over 104 years. I have unofficial drawings of the liquidcooled engine in other harleyframes, they didn't look half bad.Yes liquid cooled is the future and the RC factor has to change or something just might disappear. RC= resistance to change. Iam used to being called a troll because I live below a big bridge here in snowy Michigan. Good luck and ride safe on your V-Rod.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
floydster
Advanced

Don't you people ever get tired of the chilish bickering, damn, I thought 2008 would be better,
guess not, I'm selling my bike, **** on it!!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Bill

ORIGINAL: pococj

Lighten up, BB. The one troll comment was due to you bumping your own thread, and probably for the mistake with the V-Rod/Sportster engine naming error. And posting something in the wrong section can often mean it won't get noticed, as I pointed out in my first response.

Remember that "good looks" are in the eyes of the beholder. Many of us don't care for the looks of the V-Rod. Or maybe it'd be more accurate to say that we don't care for it's looks, combined with the ergonomics, and topped by the (blasphemous ) water-cooling, enough to want or buy one. That's our choice.

Now, you've done yourself no good by maligning the rest of the HD line with the "antiquated, vibrating, slow, non turning, chromed out, air cooled," comments. Strangely enough, my '87 Sloptail doesn't have much chrome, turns just fine, doesn't vibrate as much as my ol' wringer washer, gets up to the ton+ pretty easily, and is happily air-cooled. Why imply I'm an idiot? No one said anything about the V-Rod being a scuzzy bike.

Like I said, lighten up.
Me lightened up? Your a mod you lighten up. Look at it from my point of view and not be so closed minded. I've have been called a troll and ***'d with since day one here because I own a VR. I figured after a while it would stop.... Guess not. Bumping my own thread was to get it noticed. Sorry I'm not computer savvy like all the real Harley riders here. You said "I've done myself no good maligning the rest of the HD line with the "antiquated, vibrating, slow, non turning, chromed out, air cooled," comments." Isn't what I said the truth? And the truth hurts right? Air cooled bikes are everything I stated. The VRSC line is far superior to the the current air cooled line. That is my opinion and I get bashed for it. Fine. Everyone knows, even Harley knows, as long as wanna be bikers with their store bought attitudes and HOG patch wearing, 1% posers keep buying into the "life style" cause their best buddy's into it. They will keep selling them overpriced ****. Times are changing, the geezers are not buyin' and dyin' and HD is already laying off because of it. People demand better then the crap HD is puking out. Hence the VR line. But why change when people like them keep buying the ****? Right? I think Harley has a word for that... SHEEP. For once in years Harley steps out and does some good for the motorcycle wold and it gets bashed along with the people who ride them. I love my bike and everything HD has done to bring it to market...JUST LIKE YOU... Also, JUST LIKE YOU, I will defend it, my choice, and my point of view. Guaranteed no one here would say **** like they have here on the forums to my face. Hiding behind a computer makes it all the more easy to be a bad *** with out the threat of real confrontation. Being this forum is frequented but H-D corporate I wouldn't be surprised that it gets deleted. So be it. Prove me wrong and let all the bashers line up on the TROLL. The VRSC line is the future. Like it or not. It should be included in the History. Saying is was called a Sporty is a **** poor excuse and you know it. The Revolution engine is just that, "Revolutionary" to Harley. And to mistake that with a Sportster is in bad taste as well. Especially for a forum like HDforums.

Let the bashing begin.....

Bill, It won't get deleted. Threads and posts don't get deleted because someone might have an opinion that varies from someone else's. What will happen is that it will get locked for reasons that are contrary to the site's published rules. Hasn't happened in this thread, and so far you're the only one who's even come remotely close to the edge, and you ain't even that close, either.

Your original post was written in a somewhat confrontational manner. That tends to p

Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Damn Bill,

You and I have talked on several occasions. I really like the VRod and try to show it as much respect as any one here. The problem is that it's not as popular (yet) as the other Harleys and there is nothing I can do about it here on the forum. I've ridden a Roadglide for 8 years now and it's not the most popular Harley either even though it is much superior to any other HD out there(J/K). I agree, the Vrod should be included in the History of Harley. I bet Willie thinks so too. Let's all just quit the sniping here.

Bill is not a Troll. He's just misunderstood.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson History