General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Japan Harley-Davidson Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM
lwyer
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Japan Harley-Davidson Dealership

Thanks for the information. Yes I'm a contractor on SOFA status so not a issue the issue is I really want the 2008 FXSTC 105th model and AAFES is not sure if they can get one, all they can do is wait and if lucky they will send one here. The local dealership has one in their floor display,was able sit onit and that was bad now it only makes me want it more.

Larry

Old 09-06-2007, 11:00 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Blade68

ORIGINAL: Gadget

07RG - Buying a new bike from a Japanese dealer will be an international spec bike. The $$$ I mentioned did NOT include shipping.As far as active duty folks go, if it's an international spec bike, it must be shipped as a POV and can not legally be put in HHG cause it has to go through the customs process at the POV port of entry. Bikes bought here in Japan through AAFES are US spec; active duty can ship the bike back in HHG if it's US spec. But lwyr isn't active duty so shipping the bike back to the US will be at his cost unless he's civil service with HHG entitlement and/or his company pays if he's a contractor...and as a reminder - the shipping is separate from the $4K I mentioned earlier...two good friends of mine shipped int'l spec bikes back as POVs and paid through the nose to be able to ride them back in the US. The only reason they paid the $$ was cause the bikes were 100 year anniversary bikes - otherwise they would have sold them and used the customs money to help buy new ones.

If I were lwyr, I'd buy the bike through the Japanese dealer if he wants it now, then sell it on the Japanese market before leaving. Hogs over here keep their value well - it's not uncommon to see 10-20 year old hogs going for $20K...otherwise, if he's gonna be here a while, I can hook him up with an AAFES rep who can sell him a Rocker as soon as AAFES gets their allocation for Japan delivery...he'll have to wait until next spring to get it but if it's a Rocker he wants...

Enjoy...
This is some great information. Thanks for posting. Just bought my 07 Low Rider from AAFES here at Kadena and you just saved me a call to TMO. By the way, where did you get that sticker bracket on the front of your bike? I can't stand having the road tax sticker on the forks...
Blade,
Got your pm.
I got the bracket for my sticker at Skid Marks, $6.00 (I think). He even put it on for me.
Skid Marks is on 58 just North of the harley dealer on the other side of the road.

S/F

Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Blade68
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info Top. Haven't checked this thread in a while. Wish I had because I was down that way about a little over a week ago...Did you roll by the registration office and get a new sticker put on?

Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Blade68

Thanks for the info Top. Haven't checked this thread in a while. Wish I had because I was down that way about a little over a week ago...Did you roll by the registration office and get a new sticker put on?
I still have your number and will call you. At least it did not rain today and got to ride to work.
I got my sticker plate the same day I got my sticker so I had not put it on yet. I also just had Skid Mark change all my fluids for my 1K. He got me in and out and even quit working on another bike to take care of me. As I was talking to him, he told me to order any custom parts and he would install whatever I neeed for a small fee. He did not try to sell me anything as he knows (for the most part) we can get better prices and free shipping via the net. Seems like a stand up guy.
Are you going to the MC rodeo on Friday?

S/F

Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Blade68
Ultimate HDF Member

I haven't been there yet. But from what you say he does sound like a fair fellow. Friday is the wife's B-day and I have to work this weekend. I bet the weather will be perfect this weekend too; just my damn luck..I am going to ride to work tomorrow; wish I had a 10 miler like you. I like outside Kadena gate 3 and take the perimiter around to gate 1 to get a little extra ride time...

Blade...