General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Friends Choice.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 08:40 PM
OLD 96
|
Grand HDF Member
Default My Friends Choice.

He totaled his 2016 Heritage a couple of months ago. Got $12,500.00 from insurance. He found a couple that he liked in Norman OK. We in Waco. So we drove aways. 1st one a 2020 Heritage. M8. At HD dealer. Only mods. Pipes and air cleaner. Other than that all stock. 15,00 miles at $14,750.00. Out the door. He could have come back and negotiated. Next one at Indian dealer. 2013 Heritage. Twin Cam. 11,500 miles. Open air cleaner. Straight pipes out to fishtail. No way to tell if tune had been done. Ape hangers at a little over shoulder level. Add on extended saddlebags that looked flimsy to me. No cruise control. $11,795 out the door. I tried to talk him into the 2020. Which would have been my choice. He like the way the 2013 looked. He rode both. He got what he wanted. He got the way it looked. He is happy. So far. I have a 2007 Ultra with the 96 CI and a 2018 Ultra with 107 CI. So I know from experience .What you think?

Old Yesterday | 08:44 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I don’t care what my friends buy with their money.

The following 4 users liked this post by 702:
Beemertrash (Yesterday), djl (Today), John Harper (Today), talkingrock (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 09:13 PM
OLD 96
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 702;2184836ds.
I don’t care what my friends buy with their money.
I do care about my friends. I was trying to get him what I thought would be the best bike over the years. He got what he wanted. So More power to him. If you do not care about your friends. I am glad I am not your friend.

Last edited by OLD 96; Yesterday at 09:22 PM.
Old Yesterday | 09:35 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

As long as your friend is happy with his new toy that's all that matters.

Usually I'd prefer to go with the newest model that I could afford but I have heard that the newer model Softails handle much better and with the M-8 engine(s) runs extremely strong but I've never personally ridden one but for me, I do prefer the looks of the chrome studded leather seat and saddlebag trim on the older Heritages and the chrome exhaust.

I really had a hard time seeing the wife's '08 roll out of our driveway.

The following users liked this post:
talkingrock (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 09:36 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by OLD 96
I do care about my friends. I was trying to get him what I thought would be the best bike over the years. He got what he wanted. So More power to him. If you do not care about your friends. I am glad I am not your friend.
If you can't stay in your own lane, I am glad too.

I didn't say I didn't care about my friends. I said I don't care how they spend their money - it's none of my business.

You asked what others think. If the answers aren't what you want to hear, that's tough beans.

The following 6 users liked this post by 702:
Beemertrash (Today), Bricklayer (Today), Germansheperd (Today), John Harper (Today), KK0G (Today), s-glide76 (Today) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday | 10:12 PM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior

I think he should buy what he wants. I've had 45's, pans, shovels, evos, twin cams and M-8's and I'll take a carb'd EVO any day over the others because that's what makes me happy. If your friend is happy with his choice, then you should be happy for him. Newer isn't always better.

The following 3 users liked this post by Tailbreaker:
2AMGuy (Yesterday), Dogs57 (Today), Goose_NC (Today)
Old Yesterday | 10:19 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailbreaker
I think he should buy what he wants. I've had 45's, pans, shovels, evos, twin cams and M-8's and I'll take a carb'd EVO any day over the others because that's what makes me happy. If your friend is happy with his choice, then you should be happy for him. Newer isn't always better.
In addition to my '18 Tri-Glide I still have my '98 Heritage Softail Springer A/E EVO carb.

The following users liked this post:
Tailbreaker (Yesterday)
Old Today | 05:13 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OLD 96
^^^^^ ....I was trying to get him what I thought would be the best bike over the years. He got what he wanted....

I love a happy ending. Sorry he wouldn't buy the bike you wanted.

Old Today | 08:13 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member

I've owned every series of Heritage - The 103 is the better looking bike. The M8 is the better bike - Your friend is happy, thats all that matters. This shouldnt be any concern for you..

Old Today | 08:17 AM
ahhlou
Road Master

Advice is just that, advice. In the end we live with the decisions we make. I hope he has a great time with the new bike...

Quick Reply: My Friends Choice.