General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Friends Choice.

Search this Thread

Old Today | 08:31 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

You can only do so much, whether its friends or family. As an adult, your friend weighed the options and made a decision based on his idea of what was important for him.

I understand you were compelled to do what you thought was right, and as a friend, its admirable, but at the end of the day, it's his money, his decision, and his bike.

The following users liked this post:
GOGOBECK (Today)
Old Today | 08:58 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OLD 96
He totaled his 2016 Heritage a couple of months ago. Got $12,500.00 from insurance. He found a couple that he liked in Norman OK. We in Waco. So we drove aways. 1st one a 2020 Heritage. M8. At HD dealer. Only mods. Pipes and air cleaner. Other than that all stock. 15,00 miles at $14,750.00. Out the door. He could have come back and negotiated. Next one at Indian dealer. 2013 Heritage. Twin Cam. 11,500 miles. Open air cleaner. Straight pipes out to fishtail. No way to tell if tune had been done. Ape hangers at a little over shoulder level. Add on extended saddlebags that looked flimsy to me. No cruise control. $11,795 out the door. I tried to talk him into the 2020. Which would have been my choice. He like the way the 2013 looked. He rode both. He got what he wanted. He got the way it looked. He is happy. So far. I have a 2007 Ultra with the 96 CI and a 2018 Ultra with 107 CI. So I know from experience .What you think?
This is so easy to figure out. He got 12.5, he bought a bike for 11,795. That’s it he bought a bike for what he had cash for and made it work for him. He didn’t have extra or didn’t want to spend extra cash to get the bike you were pushing.
If he got 14.5 from the wreck he would’ve bought the other bike.
Maybe you should’ve given him an extra 2k out of your pocket?

The following 2 users liked this post by Germansheperd:
Goose_NC (Today), s-glide76 (Today)
Old Today | 09:14 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member

what kind of friend are we talking about

for some....you do you....not my monkey, not my circus

for a few....i am my brother's keeper...if you're heading toward a cliff, figuratively or literally, expect me to shout "Hey dumbass, Stop!!!"

jeb42 (Today)
Old Today | 09:27 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

His cash his call.
If it were me it would have been the M8 after dealing and getting a good OTD price.

What the one holding the title sees and wants is all that madders.

Old Today | 09:36 AM
ksol5
Road Captain

Sometimes I'll offer my advice, depending on the friend. One has to buy some pile of junk that he finds somewhere, it goes to his garage and never sees the light of day again. Another keeps buying old snowmobiles even though we don't get much snow around here anymore. Ultimately, they're going to do what they're gonna do. I don't get it but to each their own!

Old Today | 10:22 AM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member

What does it matter ? It's his choice. Sounds like you're fishing for validation to tell him "I told you so".

Last edited by rizzo; Today at 10:24 AM.
jamala00 (Today)
Old Today | 10:54 AM
Xlr8n
Novice

Tell your friend congrats on the new ride and have him buy you a couple beers with the leftover $700 he has.

Old Today | 11:01 AM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member

As long. Your friend. Is happy that's. All that. Matters. 😁

Old Today | 11:48 AM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

I have friends I give advice to whether asked or not. We know each other that well.
Then there are friends I will only give an opinion to them.
There is a difference.

Hope he does good with it

WP

Old Today | 11:57 AM
flh canuck
Tourer

Just wondering if your friend actually rode the 2020 to get a feel for how it rides and handles compared to the earlier softail models? Nothing wrong with the Twin-Cam but I think the 2020 is a much better bike for not much more money....

Quick Reply: My Friends Choice.