General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been 15 years but I went DOWN

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:26 PM
TSheff
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Heavy ****'s ain't they ?

Good to hear things went light on you.
Heavy as hell. I've picked it up by myself in my shop after thinking I had the Jiffy down. Once it hits that OH **** angle there is no saving it fortunately it will usually stop at the engine guard Picking it up after going down and tweeking a knee or ankle ain't going to happen.
I'm thankful it ended all well for me and definitely glad my wife wasn't with me. If the TourPak had been on it we might be having a different story.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 07:56 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TSheff
there are a couple of slab cracks with 1" or so drop,
First of all, I'm glad you weren't hurt amigo.

Is your suspension stock? Stock suspension sucks, and if you hit a dip, or an upthrust in the pavement, and hit that at a bit of speed ESPECIALLY in curve, **** can get real squirrelly real fast. Ask me how I know....

Like I said, glad all is well.

Old Yesterday | 08:53 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member

You never know, glad you're ok.

The following users liked this post:
TSheff (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 10:00 PM
TSheff
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
First of all, I'm glad you weren't hurt amigo.

Is your suspension stock? Stock suspension sucks, and if you hit a dip, or an upthrust in the pavement, and hit that at a bit of speed ESPECIALLY in curve, **** can get real squirrelly real fast. Ask me how I know....

Like I said, glad all is well.
I know too well also. The Queen has Legend Axeo cartridges up front and Ohlin 3-3s set up by Howard on the rear. This just happened too fast, not even like the traction break loose on a wet road, it just went and at lower speed than I normally take it. No warning and no feel to it. Road after and back home, probably 45 minutes with no indications of any issue with the bike.
This is for sure, that curve will be a High Alert 20mph max for a while. I'm not to proud to admit if I did something wrong, on his one I didn't. Swelling is going down on the ankle and I can walk almost normal.
Smoothed and painted the floorboard support and swapped slip-ons today. Engine guard should be here Thursday. Only issue left will be to address the rash on the bag guard, a new on is $175+. It's an 09 so too old for take offs from my source at the dealership and everything on the web has the same roadrash.
We're typing and commenting about what happened, so LIFE'S GOOD.

Last edited by TSheff; Yesterday at 10:10 PM.