General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Novelty helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Novelty helmets

Any of you that own the German-style ACC novelty- is there much buffeting in the wind at higher speeds?&nbsp\\; I'm debating between the Extended Half or Short German.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kinda digging this old German cavalry helmet. Needs a DOT sticker is all..

Old 06-22-2008, 01:30 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fandango6
Motosportman,&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Help me out here with something. If your were born 11/1954 what combat did you see in Viet Nam?
&nbsp\\;
I don't know Motosportman but I am curious about your question. I was born 1/1954 and was prime draft age to go over there and get killed. Luckily for me, my number didn't come up.
&nbsp\\;
It's been a long time and a lot of you younger people don't know, but Vietnam didn't invoke the same feelings as 9/11. Motorsportsman may, or may not, have seen action in Vietnam. But he too was the correct age.
&nbsp\\;
Ron

Old 06-22-2008, 05:27 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I try to avoid the following
&nbsp\\;
**** looking accessories
Imperial Japanese&nbsp\\;looking&nbsp\\;items&nbsp\\;
UnAmerican Rebel (Confederate)&nbsp\\;Stuff (the war is over,Y'all Lost Badly, now get on board&nbsp\\
Che T shirts
Any Commie Material at all
&nbsp\\;
I find any despots distastfull. That being said you can wear what you want, I dont give a chit.
Yes I am an Army vet and I&nbsp\\;Do think its disrespectful to wear these symbols. Not trying to stir the pot just telling how I live MY life and think.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:01 AM
ayebyte
Tourer

pretty obvious that someone is "checking out" what other guys look like and seem to care.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:12 AM
captain m
Road Master

&nbsp\\; I live in Vt. It requires "protective headgear",I wear a novelty half shell and have been in two accidents with it.After all of that,I can still function as a "normal" human being and hardly drool anymore.!!!!!!!
&nbsp\\; I really don't care what anyone thinks about my lid,I like it,and if you don't want to ride with me,, that's your lose,not mine.
&nbsp\\; This is about the upteenth time this dot/snell crap has been posted,LET'S MOVE ON !!!!!!
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Just sayin'

Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dragonsoni

I live in Colorado a no helmet state. I have a full face helmet I wear when it gets cooler but rarely wear it when it is warm out.

I do however were a Harley brimless baseball cap of sorts to cover my head from the sun and wind.

I have been curious about getting a novelty helmet to do the same thing. I have tried on several half helmets (not talking about safety) I have yet to find&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;one comfortable or looks good. I think it maybe because I was a preemie baby (agent orange baby) Thanks Uncle Sam. I have a really small head and big cheeks. Looks normal with out a helmet. But a helmet with an inch or more extra around my head and the strap to my chin is a horrible site. Don't worry everything else is above average size and I am quite handsome !!

So are&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;novelty helmets comfortable?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Or who makes the thinest DOT half helmet? And do novelty helmets want to sail like a half helmet?
&nbsp\\;
this would be theexact reason why i continue to wear my novelty helmet when i ride to non-helmet law states and why i would continue to wear it in mass if it went non-helmet law.
&nbsp\\;
i work outdoors. my doc told me i need to keep my head covered

Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BobStreetBob

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
hey... what the heck is that on the front??&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; an antenna? for rider to rider com? looks like its got speakers in the earflaps also!! is it bluetooth??&nbsp\\; tell me where i can get one!

Old 06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, The German's were big on communication back in the late 1600's. The tighter you screwed that little wingnut in front, the better reception you got. German technology. That's why I like they're helmets.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BobStreetBob

&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
bobstreetbob... seriously... wish i had that thing in possession...what a great rally lid it would be!

Quick Reply: Novelty helmets