General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Novelty helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Dutch550
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Novelty helmets

i crashed with a novelty helmet on at 65-70 mph and was run over by a suv and the helmet never broke or fell apart but it did take the impact and protected my head as i likley would not be around

Old 06-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

I was wearing a novelty helmet when I got hit. The only head damage was a cut from the edge of the helmet on my forehead. The guy who hit me was doing 55 + &amp\\; it was nearly head-on. Now, if I'd had a hemet on my arm it might have helped!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think it was the helmet that was the symbol of ****'ism - but rather the black unform, the skull and two lightening bolts and swastika flag.&nbsp\\; An old friend of my father's was a Wermacht officer who we used to visit in Bavaria when I was a small boy.&nbsp\\; He lived on farm and was an absolute high german gentleman.&nbsp\\; My father always used to say he didn't agree with Hitler but had to go along as her was an army officer and he needed to protect his farm and his family.&nbsp\\; If you look at examples of modern day kevlar head protection the military wear, it has an uncanny resemblance to the old German army protective head gear.
&nbsp\\;
I have to say that I agree with the rebel symbolism it conjours up - but life's really is too short to get that worked up about it and don't we all have enough to do just getting by than worrying about what a few numptys want to do.&nbsp\\; If everyone had more of that attitude the world would far less f**ked up in my opinion.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Harley Joe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: masterblaster

I try to avoid the following
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
**** looking accessories
Imperial Japanese&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;looking&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;items &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
UnAmerican Rebel (Confederate)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Stuff (the war is over,Y'all Lost Badly, now get on board&nbsp\\;\\\\\\
Che T shirts
Any Commie Material at all
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I find any despots distastfull. That being said you can wear what you want, I dont give a chit.
Yes I am an Army vet and I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Do think its disrespectful to wear these symbols. Not trying to stir the pot just telling how I live MY life and think.
&nbsp\\;
Now that we got all these "rich" retired Yankees living down here - we're gonna stir it up again.&nbsp\\; We didn't give up before - we just ran outta money...&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; BTW - I like my skid lid when I'm not wearing my DOT.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Dam Harley Joe, it took all day for one of you rebs to resond to the taunt, must be good ridin weather in the Land of Dixie today.