General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MotoAmerica King of the Baggers, who's watching?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 04:08 PM
2017M8
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 165 Likes on 107 Posts

And there were the Naysayer's said this would never last. Its great racing and hope it gets a larger following

The following 2 users liked this post by 2017M8:
FranBunnyFFXII (09-28-2024), imoo6170 (09-28-2024)
Old 09-28-2024, 07:31 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,942 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy C
It would be nice if there was 50 and 100 lap races. That would be awesome.
They cant really do more laps because the tires they're running are wearing out pretty bad by the last lap.
630lb racing baggers tear up those tires real damn fast.
But otherwise, yeah it'd be sick to see some endurance runs.

Right now though, it's clear that Moto Am, HD, and Indian have got those bikes balanced against each other damn near perfectly and it's keeping the rider groups tight, and skill is shining through more than anything else.
Lets see how long they can keep this up.

Old 09-28-2024, 09:32 PM
xyzzyxyzzy
Tourer
Received 160 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
About the same times as the Moto 3 bikes at COTA, which are single cylinder 250cc.
But they sound good.
I read that those "low cost" Moto 3 thumpers make around 55 horsepower. That's not too bad for a 250cc engine and it translates into 220 horsepower per liter ... about the same kind of per liter power output available in current over the counter sport bikes. Of course, that's no where near the full on Moto GP engine's power output of over 270 horsepower per liter (nobody knows for sure) but still, not too shabby. Imagine, if you will, scaling that "low cost" Moto 3's power level up to a KOB sized engine like H-D's 2151cc (131 ci) power plant. That would be 220 x 2.151 = 473. Yikes! Now that's the kind of power that would really put the "Bellow" into a Bellowing Badass Bagger.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
s-glide76
Road Master
Received 1,089 Likes on 441 Posts

Put me in the not watching category.
I'm also not a fan of NASCAR Craftsman Truck series.
My dream race to attend is the Isle of Man TT.
Any series that mandates minimum weight, restictor plates excessive body work etc to contend isn't racing.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,688 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by s-glide76
Put me in the not watching category.
I'm also not a fan of NASCAR Craftsman Truck series.
My dream race to attend is the Isle of Man TT.
Any series that mandates minimum weight, restictor plates excessive body work etc to contend isn't racing.
For those that did not watch Indian and Troy Herfoss put it to HD and ran away with it taking 2nd yesterday and won today's race running away, That gives him the championship by 11 points after coming into the race 2 points behind. Kyle and HD were third both days.

Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
For those that did not watch Indian and Troy Herfoss put it to HD and ran away with it taking 2nd yesterday and won today's race running away, That gives him the championship by 11 points after coming into the race 2 points behind. Kyle and HD were third both days.
Small correction/context.
Kyle grabbed the holeshot no problem and it looked like Troy and Kyle were going to absolutely walk away from the rest of the field.
Then Kyle's bike was having rear tire traction issues.
Rocco Landers bested troy more than a few times(riding a vance and hines harley) including yesterday.
But last night they made a change to his bike and it ended up being bad for him. He was still able to pass Kyle, but it's clear Kyle's bike was having an issue.
That's why Troy was able to walk away.
Before that Kyle essentially slated to win. The only thing that Kyle needed to do was to come infront of troy at least once.
His bike having issues and trying to buck him off really isn't his fault.
What makes it even worse is that Troy actually crashed in a race that Kyle did not, but Kyle's bike had a clutch issue and wouldnt shift.
Simply put, if Kyle had not had a clutch issue, Kyle would have won.

Honestly it sucks to see. Mechanical issues make a victory feel less won.

The reality is that if Indian had not signed Troy, it would have been a no contest 3 HD bike championship just like last year. Last year Vance and Hines and HD took the championship podium(VH, HD, VH).
And realistically the only reason why Kyle didnt take first(last year) was because of a freak crash that no one really understands how the hell it even happened on a warmup lap at NJ.
Tyler Ohara and Jeremy McWilliams last year didnt even come close, and Tyler didnt even come close again this year either.
Rocco And Gllium despite the crashes and problems, still took 3rd and 4th championship.
Troy was imported.
Dont get me wrong, Troy is absolutely next level. Troy, Kyle and Rocco Landers are all absolutely top of the pack.
But seeing Troy mess up and not pay the price felt like a universal **** you, and then watching kyle struggle to keep his rear tire from slipping under throttle made me throw a pillow at the screen.
Like come the **** on.

Oh not to mention that ****in Tyler Ohara's pissed oil onto the track a few races back and didnt get DQ'd(this year) but when Kyle's bike leaked brakefluid, Kyle got DQd(last year).
Kyle got shafted.
Honestly the one moment that Troy took the risk and it won him the championship was that outside reposition to pass via the grass patch. Dude could have easily ended his championship hopes by taking that pass, but he took the shot and got lucky. GG well played Troy you lucky ****.
Troy definitely got the run of good luck this year.

Next year Rocco is going to be the man to beat.

Last edited by FranBunnyFFXII; Yesterday at 09:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,188 Likes on 6,556 Posts

You're fairly new to the forum, there have been several famous track racers and drag racers here who were a wealth of knowledge, but they eventually left because of know it all Poindexters here who loved to try and prove how much smarter they were than professionals.

Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
You're fairly new to the forum, there have been several famous track racers and drag racers here who were a wealth of knowledge, but they eventually left because of know it all Poindexters here who loved to try and prove how much smarter they were than professionals.
I joined only 6 years after you did, and it's been 6 years since I joined.

I'm saying what I'm saying because I watched it live, and have the replays on my computer right now, and Im literally just repeating what some of the people themselves said.
It was Kyle himself and the commentator who was saying this, I'm just repeating what they explained.
And who am I to argue with Rocco Landers, Kyle Wyman, and Jason Pridmore?
Go watch the race and the interviews, you'll see I'm just a parroting them.

Kyle Wyman teaches at ChampSchool, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. He did take 2nd place this year, and last year. I'll trust what the guys got to say.