General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike is gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 07:35 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,487 Likes on 2,704 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Lets not misrepresent what I said, now.

I said I hope HD brings that high performance swing arm to STOCK new baggers.
I hope they can develop an affordable one that they can mass produce that can be stock standard OEM hardware.
The current swing arm is bad, the frame is not.

And you absolutely cannot disagree that winning at the track is affecting sales in the show room, AND DONT FORGET... the parts desk like I was describing.
The mere existance of those shocks, the 2024 baggers, the SE Camplate and pump. Saying it race on sunday sell on monday isn't happening is pretending none of that exists.
All of it exists because it sells, and it was developed by racing on sunday.
Pure and simple.
The moon is still there even if you dont see it in the sky.
They would not go out of their way to build develop and work on these racing bikes to make absolutely **** all nothing to sell in return. They made these bikes so they can race them, and sell the hardware and models that are winning and making waves.
It's definitely absolutely, 100%, happening.
That's why they're doing it.
People are absolutely going to dealerships, buying bikes, and building racing baggers out of them. This is ABSOLUTELY happening. Bagger Race League shows this. Teams like Tucker Speed(Shout out to Tony!) show this is happening.
This genre of racing straight up did not exist 6+ years ago. Now it's a full fledged expanding category, and you bet your ****ing *** it's selling brand new bikes.

With all due respect, I appreciate when people address the actual wording and concepts that people are talking about and discussing, because not doing so makes the conversation harder and more littered with stuff for people to read and navigate that does little to add to the discussion.

You need to remember that Forums and Reddit, are small snapshots of niche parts of community driven by people who have an urge and want to throw their hat into the discussion.
Most people do not use forums, muchless post on them.
If you want to see what people are doing, you need a bigger picture.

If these bikes arent selling for people to build performance baggers and racing baggers, then why the **** has the category absolutely exploded and become huge money?
Think about it. Anecdotes do very little to inform people of the world.
You need a wider scope.

10 years ago, having a nice riding touring comfy couchy bagger, yeah that's fine. But people were starting to build performance baggers long before KOTB and Bagger Race league came around.
It's not new. There are many people out there who put their necks out to do something unique, and it caught on.
It caught on so well that Indian Motorcycle threw their hat in the ring with a brand new engine platform, a brand new model, based on the performance bagger idea. That is what the challenger was designed for.
To be a sportier performance bagger base to outcompete HD's baggers.
This is no different than Honda releasing the Fury to cash in on that 2000s era chopper craze. They built the fury to look like it'd fit right in at a harley biker ralley/dealership.
This is EXACTLY where the Challenger comes in 2 decades later, so it can fit right in with the performance bagger bros throwing baggers around the track, doing rollers and wheelies, building big power so they can attack twisties and freeways with reckless power and abandon.

People absolutely 100% undeniably have walked into dealerships bought bikes for the sole purpose of building a roaring racing bagger/performance bagger.
The days of touring bikes being only your dad's road sofa is over. Baggers aren't bound by narrow requirements of cushy plush ride anymore.
They can be stunt bikes, race bikes, mile crushers, and more.

Why? Because people wanted to race them.
Now there's a whole god damned industry.
Why do you thing Moonshine HD has gotten into brakes and suspension and all this extra doodads instead of just motors and ergo?
They arent the only one. FuelMoto USA also has performance racing brake kits now, and suspension, and other goodies.
This bagger racing, this performance bagger craze, it's not small.
Just because Ryan Kruesi and Tony Tucker aint posting on the forums here doenst mean it isnt' happening.

I will point out and be fair about the fact that Race on Sunday Sell on Monday in terms of like selling the actual bikes that raced and stuff, sure that really ended before any of us were born.
But the concept is still very much applicable to whats happening in the performance bagger world.
Sorry but Im not going to read all that, clearly you have your finger on the pulse and the rest of us don't. What I will do is talk to the sales manager I know at the local dealer and ask him if he sees an influx of buyers that cant stop talking about how the bagger series is the reason why they want a new Road Glide and hopes it comes with an aluminum swing arm.

The following 2 users liked this post by hellonewman:
Dynamick (09-08-2024), NorthWestern (09-09-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 08:02 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,257 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeTD3
The long winded diatribes “some” are prone to are just as annoying as the useless chatter. My block list is growing!
I suppose I should block them, to prevent all these posts. But I think ignore lists are for chics who need a safe place.

But funny how all the people posting things that have nothing to do about the thread, are the ones faking outrage at people posting,

Atleast my posts tend to be on topic, except when I am reply to posts that are off topic from my groupies.

Old 09-08-2024, 12:52 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,200 Likes on 3,423 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Lets not misrepresent what I said, now.

I said I hope HD brings that high performance swing arm to STOCK new baggers.
I hope they can develop an affordable one that they can mass produce that can be stock standard OEM hardware.
The current swing arm is bad, the frame is not.

And you absolutely cannot disagree that winning at the track is affecting sales in the show room, AND DONT FORGET... the parts desk like I was describing.
The mere existance of those shocks, the 2024 baggers, the SE Camplate and pump. Saying it race on sunday sell on monday isn't happening is pretending none of that exists.
All of it exists because it sells, and it was developed by racing on sunday.
Pure and simple.
The moon is still there even if you dont see it in the sky.
They would not go out of their way to build develop and work on these racing bikes to make absolutely **** all nothing to sell in return. They made these bikes so they can race them, and sell the hardware and models that are winning and making waves.
It's definitely absolutely, 100%, happening.
That's why they're doing it.
People are absolutely going to dealerships, buying bikes, and building racing baggers out of them. This is ABSOLUTELY happening. Bagger Race League shows this. Teams like Tucker Speed(Shout out to Tony!) show this is happening.
This genre of racing straight up did not exist 6+ years ago. Now it's a full fledged expanding category, and you bet your ****ing *** it's selling brand new bikes.

With all due respect, I appreciate when people address the actual wording and concepts that people are talking about and discussing, because not doing so makes the conversation harder and more littered with stuff for people to read and navigate that does little to add to the discussion.

You need to remember that Forums and Reddit, are small snapshots of niche parts of community driven by people who have an urge and want to throw their hat into the discussion.
Most people do not use forums, muchless post on them.
If you want to see what people are doing, you need a bigger picture.

If these bikes arent selling for people to build performance baggers and racing baggers, then why the **** has the category absolutely exploded and become huge money?
Think about it. Anecdotes do very little to inform people of the world.
You need a wider scope.

10 years ago, having a nice riding touring comfy couchy bagger, yeah that's fine. But people were starting to build performance baggers long before KOTB and Bagger Race league came around.
It's not new. There are many people out there who put their necks out to do something unique, and it caught on.
It caught on so well that Indian Motorcycle threw their hat in the ring with a brand new engine platform, a brand new model, based on the performance bagger idea. That is what the challenger was designed for.
To be a sportier performance bagger base to outcompete HD's baggers.
This is no different than Honda releasing the Fury to cash in on that 2000s era chopper craze. They built the fury to look like it'd fit right in at a harley biker ralley/dealership.
This is EXACTLY where the Challenger comes in 2 decades later, so it can fit right in with the performance bagger bros throwing baggers around the track, doing rollers and wheelies, building big power so they can attack twisties and freeways with reckless power and abandon.

People absolutely 100% undeniably have walked into dealerships bought bikes for the sole purpose of building a roaring racing bagger/performance bagger.
The days of touring bikes being only your dad's road sofa is over. Baggers aren't bound by narrow requirements of cushy plush ride anymore.
They can be stunt bikes, race bikes, mile crushers, and more.

Why? Because people wanted to race them.
Now there's a whole god damned industry.
Why do you thing Moonshine HD has gotten into brakes and suspension and all this extra doodads instead of just motors and ergo?
They arent the only one. FuelMoto USA also has performance racing brake kits now, and suspension, and other goodies.
This bagger racing, this performance bagger craze, it's not small.
Just because Ryan Kruesi and Tony Tucker aint posting on the forums here doenst mean it isnt' happening.

I will point out and be fair about the fact that Race on Sunday Sell on Monday in terms of like selling the actual bikes that raced and stuff, sure that really ended before any of us were born.
But the concept is still very much applicable to whats happening in the performance bagger world.

Dang, your GF never gets a word in edgewise, does she?

As a response to all that I'll just say that we're talking about touring bikes here, and whether Harley likes it or not the core group of buyers for them is still "of a certain age" and tends to have much less interest in the racing scene than younger folk.

It's good if a racing program results in the development of better parts. But don't make us raid the accessory catalog to get a competent touring machine with good suspension and brakes. Build it on the assembly line.

Apologies to Clack, the OP, for the way this thread has taken a turn and wrecked in the corner.

Old 09-08-2024, 02:15 PM
Cap77
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,182 Likes on 2,641 Posts

Sorry but Im not going to read all that
​​​​​​​never gets a word in edgewise

do you know why women don't have as much flatulence as men?
They can't keep their mouth closed long enough to build up any pressure...

..L.T.A.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cap77:
hellonewman (09-09-2024), MikeTD3 (09-08-2024), Tommy C (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 08:31 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,356 Likes on 2,535 Posts

your bike was a 2014. you really liked your bike. you now have a chance to buy a new bike, and a 23 or 24 is going to be a huge improvement over what you had. if you jump now and buy a new bike, you'll have it for your summer and will be enjoying it. if they come out with something new in 25, enjoy the bike you just bought for a couple of years, letting hd work out all the bugs, then jump to a new one then.

that's mho anyway.... you do you.

The following users liked this post:
Goose_NC (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 02:56 AM
clackavosticus
Road Master
Received 207 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
your bike was a 2014. you really liked your bike. you now have a chance to buy a new bike, and a 23 or 24 is going to be a huge improvement over what you had. if you jump now and buy a new bike, you'll have it for your summer and will be enjoying it. if they come out with something new in 25, enjoy the bike you just bought for a couple of years, letting hd work out all the bugs, then jump to a new one then.

that's mho anyway.... you do you.
I really don't want to buy a 23 or 24 and then trade in a couple of years later. I am getting close to retirement and I am looking go buy the "last bike I will ever buy" before retirement. So I am going to be patient and wait for the 2025 models to come out.

Goose_NC (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 06:17 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,098 Likes on 3,648 Posts

Patience belong in hospitals .. lol … it’s what my wife tells me all the time.

The following 2 users liked this post by Notgrownup:
clackavosticus (09-09-2024), s-glide76 (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 06:52 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,257 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
I really don't want to buy a 23 or 24 and then trade in a couple of years later. I am getting close to retirement and I am looking go buy the "last bike I will ever buy" before retirement. So I am going to be patient and wait for the 2025 models to come out.
Why would you trade a bike in sooner that is one or two years older? I understand the idea of your last bike. But I just don't don't see two years being a factor. Mileage is more of driving factor, though I do get bikes age. But one or two years is not going to make a difference on the riding life of a bike.

Personally I think you are doing everything you can to talk yourself out of buying a bike. None of your excuses hold water to me. Its ok to say I had an accident, and I am not sure. Either all the bikes going by this summer will make you long for a bike, or they won't. Was how it was for me. Had an accident. Was debating about bikes. About 2 months, harley 100th and bikes every where. Then happened to see what I wanted in the classifiends of the news paper.

But just be honest. And refresher riding course might make you feel better.

Old 09-09-2024, 07:54 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,761 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus

There's always something newer, better, upgraded, superior in "next model release". I have friends riding local, and touring, on 10 year old machines with over 100k miles on them. They are retired and say that when that bike dies, and is too expensive to repair, they will stop riding. They are all around 70 now.

I am not in good health now. I only need to have another 20k-25k miles to have ridden 1 million miles on two wheels since 1982. Wife cannot ride any more, and camping in the TimeOut camper is almost too much for her now.

clackavosticus (09-09-2024)