General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Harley dealerships closing down.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2024, 09:32 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,259 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
J. He had zero qualifications in an equivalent market, t.
Do you want X- honda CEO??
Originally Posted by smitty901
By forcing many to close it give HD and those left power to charge more for less.
This is interesting. I have always said fine line when boycotting small local store, between showing you are not satisified,and having them close and you driving 50 miles to shop. Parallel here, when dealer closes, it creates problems for us, if you are used to shopping locally.

Old 09-04-2024, 07:01 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,646 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Conceptually, I agree it’s a loss when the local dealership closes.

But reality often intrudes, where the local dealership isn’t worth doing business with.

The following users liked this post:
s-glide76 (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 07:31 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,259 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Conceptually, I agree it’s a loss when the local dealership closes.

But reality often intrudes, where the local dealership isn’t worth doing business with.
It's a double edge sword, if you are hoping for part today. Not to mention the 20% dealers not shipping.

I needed water pump for my bike, and I needed it quick, got it that day. I buy after market when I can.

Old 09-04-2024, 07:48 AM
tonyd2017
Road Master
Received 435 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
Temecula HD (Temecula, CA) sells Harleys & BMW's out of the same building.

There's no following the 'logic' used by the MOCO these days.
They just keep shooting themselves in the foot, if you ask me.
BMW and HD could be partnered up.

Last edited by tonyd2017; 09-04-2024 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:37 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Rounders
Why would you think anyone would mean a motorcycle CEO, especially a metric. In fact, I can’t think of one motorcycle or auto CEO worth their pay. Equivalent experience means manufacturing a complex piece of equipment and marketing it into a specialized market.

It is unfortunate in the corporate board rooms all businesses and products are the same and are to be treated the same. Sneakers, pantyhose, pots and pans, sophisticated electronic equipment, and Harley’s are all equal to a board focused on short term profits. That’s all I meant. Specifically, no, I did not want the ex-Honda CEO.

Old 09-04-2024, 09:34 AM
s-glide76
Road Master
Received 1,089 Likes on 441 Posts

This is interesting. I have always said fine line when boycotting small local store, between showing you are not satisified,and having them close and you driving 50 miles to shop. Parallel here, when dealer closes, it creates problems for us, if you are used to shopping locally.

An ex Honda CEO would be great. They've managed to go from entry level motorcycles to the power sport leader around the world.
Building motorcycles from mopeds to Gold Wings, ATV's and and small engines and generators. All with excellent engineering and best in class quality.

Tommy C (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 10:28 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 151 Likes on 92 Posts

I see the news clip now about they are closed 9/1. But they still have a miracle city hd site which shows events coming up?

Old 09-04-2024, 10:47 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,649 Likes on 789 Posts

Since Harley will be no more and many don’t want attached to rainbow dreams or greedy CEO’s, I have a solution for those that feel Harley is over.. if any of you have a panhead or shovelhead motorcycle that’s taking up space in your garage, please contact Rains2much to remove that “has been” from your garage.. It’s important you protect your image.

Yes that’s correct. FREE no cost to you whatsoever.. I will arrive and remove it from your premises opening up all that space and freeing you from heavy burden and anxiety. I will even sweep your front door step and take out your trash, free of charge because I want to be a good citizen and share brotherly love.

Yep I’m here for you. Send the message you’ve always wanted clarified to the world. Getting rid of those Harley will show em!

If you want a Can-Am removed the price you pay me is $10,000 to remove.. no title needed. You will be invoiced a surcharge to defray the junk yard car crusher costs. The 10k is fair if I have to go near it.

Last edited by Rains2much; 09-04-2024 at 10:54 AM.
Hathaway (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 01:00 PM
dupton2000
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Local Harley in MD closed this year due to retirement. From what I read, it sounded like HD would not allow them to sell the dealership, so they had to shut down.

Old 09-04-2024, 04:48 PM
Hathaway
Cruiser
Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by s-glide76

An ex Honda CEO would be great. They've managed to go from entry level motorcycles to the power sport leader around the world.
Building motorcycles from mopeds to Gold Wings, ATV's and and small engines and generators. All with excellent engineering and best in class quality.

Don't forget Honda Jet and Honda automobiles.

Quick Reply: More Harley dealerships closing down.