General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 05:15 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT deal with these A$$holes!! I bought a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs from them last week. Payed with paypal immediatly so they got all my information immediatly with payment. The pegs showed up in a huge box that is beat all to hell. They were cut open out of Kuryakyn's package and just thrown into the box and then they threw Kuryakyn's package in on top. Nothing wrong with the pegs and they installed fine. I left neutral feedback on ebay for them and they then left me negative feedback with "POOR COMMUNICATIONS, SELLERS BEWARE! DON'T DEAL WITH" and then immediatly sent me a "feedback withdraw" request. I have 100% feedback on ebay and have so since 99. Man I am so Pi$$ed off about this I had to vent!! I was going to buy all the stuff I couldn't get on here for my tour-pak install from them but now I will NEVER buy from them again! Bryan

Old 09-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

No offense but the topic of ACM has been discussed over and over again. Some people have had problems and some have had fine dealings with them. But almost everyone here has heard or read about their problems. And yes Joe can be an ******* when it comes to feedback from what I have heard. Personally I have bought three times from them and have never had a problem.

Another thing you need to realize is they don't always touch the products. So it may not have been them. Alot of times parts are dropped shipped from a distributor. ACM keeps very little inventory in stock. Everything is ordered as it is purchased.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I take no offense! It came form ACM shipping address. The parts were fine, I am just upset how ACM strong arms people into withdrawing feedback by lieing! Thanks for the response. Bryan

Old 09-01-2007, 06:19 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarleyArcher

I take no offense! It came form ACM shipping address. The parts were fine, I am just upset how ACM strong arms people into withdrawing feedback by lieing! Thanks for the response. Bryan
Most big sellers on there do that !

I was just there today . I emailed them Thursday to find out if the had A fuel pak for my bike at there location , And I would pick it up Friday or Saturday . They said yes . The part was sitting there waiting when I got there today !

Jack

Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup like I said Joe can be a jerk when it comes to feedback. I personally do not deal with them on a regular basis. Only when the price is too good to pass up. And I live close enough that if there was a problem I can go deal with that kid face to face. There are too many other good retailers (M&M, EPC) to deal with out there w/o having to put up with that kind of crap.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the same seller I had problems with that I mentioned in another thread about ebay and feedback. Get ready for some harassment. I got several emails from them demanding that I retract my feedback, until I threatened them that I would report them for harassment. I even filed a complaint through ebay about them, and ebay told me there was nothing they could do. The only way I could get my feedback changed is to retract what I had left. I refused to do that, because I'm not going to leave positive feedback when I'm not satisfied with the transaction.

They called me a "wannabe biker in training" and claimed that I barely spoke English. It would have been funny if it hadn't been so absurd.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have dealt with them in the past. no problems but i pickup everything i order. ebay suks i had a guy win a part i was selling . never paid i left him neg feedback he interned left me neg.and lied said i never sent part.

JR

Old 09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are D**KS, hands down the worst on Ebay.

they would not answer my Emails on parts and would get POed after the fact when the parts would not fit or work on my bike.

I refused to pay for an auction after the parts found to be not enterchangable on my bike and I went the rounds with these jokers!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
LBussy
Cruiser

Nothing wrong with the pegs and they installed fine. I left neutral feedback on ebay for them and they then left me negative feedback with "POOR COMMUNICATIONS, SELLERS BEWARE! DON'T DEAL WITH"
Well hey ... I've read threads about them before and realize they can be tough to deal with. This time however I'm pretty sure I would have left you negative feedback as well. Allow me to explain.

You received what you paid for (at least you seem to have). They were in good shape - who cares what the box looks like - they installed and you didn't list any other complaints. So all in all it sounds like you got what you asked for. Maybe I missed something but I'm just going by what you said. I've seen a lot of things but never seen anyone with shipping boxes mounted on their bikes but this may be a first. :-)

So then without communicating with them about any concerns, you left what really amounts to negative feedback (anything not positive is nrgative in my book). Then they said "poor communicator" which from my seat out in the peanut gallery is correct, and left you negative feedback. I'd probably prefer not to deal with you too if your first attempt at resolution is the feedback system.

Not trying to bust your *****, just giving you my POV.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
shoptroll
Banned

I almost bought something from ACMon Ebay on Friday and when I called them first to ask a question about the product, I got put on hold forever so I said F'em and ordered from my regular place. Glad it went the way it did after reading this. ACM had the part for $20 cheaper but the other thing I wanted was $10 more and being a Pa resident I figured I would have to pay 6% sales tax so I figure I broke even by buying from www.discountcycleparts.com in Va.

Quick Reply: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!