General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:00 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

There would be a lot less problems if buyers refused to give feedback until the seller does. This would solve 99% of the problems and is how eBay was intended. I really wish eBay would force this.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm very familiar with ACM...

While they are a legitimate company...

As best I can tell - they are simply a middleman that advertises items they don't have in stock.

You pay NOW, then they relay the order and have the manufacturer or wholesaler ship the item...wrong for Ebay I think...Buy it Now and Get it Now are misleading terms when the seller doesn't have what they advertise.

If they made this clear up front I might not even bring up it up - but people assume a seller on Ebay has the item they are selling and they get pissed when after 3 weeks they are told it is out of stock...refund or not..

Old 09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amazing that so many eBay users don't understand a frickin' thing about the feedback system.

Feedback is voluntary, no one is required to leave any at any time. Feedback is a rating of how the parties to the transaction felt it went for the entire process.

There is no requirement that either the buyer or seller leave feedback first or at a particular point during the transaction. I never leave it until the whole transaction is complete and both parties are in receipt of either the money or the item and are satisfied.

A neutral is just that, neutral. It does not change the feedback score one way or another. If the seller is a busy one it will be gone off the front page in a week or so.

The negative the seller handed out is known as a "retalitory neg". The seller is pouting because they did not get another positive so like a small child they try to hurt the buyer. A negative hurts a seller way more than a buyer because sellers are attempting to build high FB numbers and ratings. Buyers can turn around and create a new ID in a heartbeat and start over.

Did the buyer jump the gun a bit? Maybe so, he might have let the seller know about his concern for how his item was packed. If the seller blew him off then post the neutral.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: celtlion

I'm very familiar with ACM...

While they are a legitimate company...

As best I can tell - they are simply a middleman that advertises items they don't have in stock.

You pay NOW, then they relay the order and have the manufacturer or wholesaler ship the item...wrong for Ebay I think...Buy it Now and Get it Now are misleading terms when the seller doesn't have what they advertise.

If they made this clear up front I might not even bring up it up - but people assume a seller on Ebay has the item they are selling and they get pissed when after 3 weeks they are told it is out of stock...refund or not..
That was my biggest gripe about my experience with ACM. That's what happened to me with the item I attempted to purchase from them. They advertised it, I "bought it now" and then found out some time later it was no longer in stock.

This pissed me off because, as a buyer, if I committed to buy something and then didn't follow through with the transaction, action can be taken against me, even if the seller is able to sell the item to someone else. However, the seller committed to sell me an item, yet wasn't able to follow through. Yes, I eventually got my refund, but wasn't able to take any action against the seller. Seems very unfair.

But that's just my $.02 worth.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hear ya, tankrwyf. It seems to boil down to the old 'bait and switch', advertise one thing and deliver somethiung else, even when it's the right part it's a wait, not "in stock". They're selling something they don't have. I'm still waiting to leave my feedback. I still keep hearing my Mom say, "if you don't have anything nice to say..."

Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,436 Likes on 6,187 Posts

Its bullsh*t like this that stopped me from using ebay years ago. You never really know who the hell your dealing with, and theres really nothing you can do if they decide to rip you off. Fu*k ebay

Old 09-08-2007, 07:45 AM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1of2

There would be a lot less problems if buyers refused to give feedback until the seller does. This would solve 99% of the problems and is how eBay was intended. I really wish eBay would force this.
Unfortunately, I've noticed it works the other way around. Almost every seller I've purchased from has not left their feedback until after I've left mine - even on no brainer stuff like a book!