General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:47 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

Link to the thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2139582/m...tm.htm#2144818

Old 09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

So, shooter, what was your outcome with them? I ended up loosing 50 bucks to pay for the return shipping to them, but looks like paypal is getting my money back. Did you get your money back? Did they make you pay for the return shipping? I am a new convert in using paypal as they kicked ACM's *** the very day I filed my dispute. Even though I got ripped for 50 bucks, I feel much better using paypal for ebay purchases now.

later.

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

Link to the thread:

Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bigdeek

So, shooter, what was your outcome with them? I ended up loosing 50 bucks to pay for the return shipping to them, but looks like paypal is getting my money back. Did you get your money back? Did they make you pay for the return shipping? I am a new convert in using paypal as they kicked ACM's *** the very day I filed my dispute. Even though I got ripped for 50 bucks, I feel much better using paypal for ebay purchases now.

later.

Link to the thread:
Well, still waiting. $50, you make me feel a little betterThey charged me $15 to ship it here, so I guess it'll be that much to get there crap back. And if they don't make me whole for shipping, both ways, they'll face the cyber-wrath[:@] eBay says 10 dayshave lapse before I candispute a claim. And techincally they did ship what I paid for, albeit they mis-represented what they're selling. And I figure Progressive should know what kind of people are selling their stuff. Doesn't make sense a good company like Progressive would take kindly to some monkey-in-the-middle, mail order schmuck messing it up. But I may be wrong. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i shot them an email this morning. leting them know there.s alot of unhappy people on hdforums.com
i wont buy from them again

JR

Old 09-03-2007, 10:08 PM
gregorysfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch out for the Harley Dealers on ebay, some are getting people to bid on items they don't even have in stock and then tell you when the item comes in they will ship it , They are going to cause me to stop dealing with any dealers.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
dbird
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased my Mustang seat from them, great service. I could ride for days what a great seat.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bigdeek

later.

Link to the thread:

Well, as of today, they issued a refund for the entire price, except the return shipping ($11.16). This has been confirmed to my paypal account. I'm still going after them for the return shipping, though. If nothing else, I'll just tell everybody I know not to use them. I love the power of the internet, thanks al gore . I'll not do business with them again. I don't like russian roulette.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
allengator
Cruiser

I would agree to retract the neutral feedback... and then leave a negative one for the strong arm tactic.....

They should have contacted you to ask why you left the neutral and try to make it up to you and THEN ask you retract it.!!!!

I was going to buy a set of longshots from them next payday... I wont now.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

Too many good, reputable sellers out there to have to go thru this crap to save a couple bucks . Gonna have to go to the store more often with the wife and learn how to really .....SHOP !! LOL !! [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LBussy

ORIGINAL: HarleyArcher

Nothing wrong with the pegs and they installed fine. I left neutral feedback on ebay for them and they then left me negative feedback with "POOR COMMUNICATIONS, SELLERS BEWARE! DON'T DEAL WITH"
Well hey ... I've read threads about them before and realize they can be tough to deal with. This time however I'm pretty sure I would have left you negative feedback as well. Allow me to explain.

You received what you paid for (at least you seem to have). They were in good shape - who cares what the box looks like - they installed and you didn't list any other complaints. So all in all it sounds like you got what you asked for. Maybe I missed something but I'm just going by what you said. I've seen a lot of things but never seen anyone with shipping boxes mounted on their bikes but this may be a first. :-)

So then without communicating with them about any concerns, you left what really amounts to negative feedback (anything not positive is nrgative in my book). Then they said "poor communicator" which from my seat out in the peanut gallery is correct, and left you negative feedback. I'd probably prefer not to deal with you too if your first attempt at resolution is the feedback system.

Not trying to bust your *****, just giving you my POV.
I really need to know what drug you're taking that allows you to be so level headed and logical!! An excellent and unemotional reply!

Quick Reply: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!