General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:01 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!

ORIGINAL: LBussy

ORIGINAL: HarleyArcher

Nothing wrong with the pegs and they installed fine. I left neutral feedback on ebay for them and they then left me negative feedback with "POOR COMMUNICATIONS, SELLERS BEWARE! DON'T DEAL WITH"
Well hey ... I've read threads about them before and realize they can be tough to deal with. This time however I'm pretty sure I would have left you negative feedback as well. Allow me to explain.

You received what you paid for (at least you seem to have). They were in good shape - who cares what the box looks like - they installed and you didn't list any other complaints. So all in all it sounds like you got what you asked for. Maybe I missed something but I'm just going by what you said. I've seen a lot of things but never seen anyone with shipping boxes mounted on their bikes but this may be a first. :-)

So then without communicating with them about any concerns, you left what really amounts to negative feedback (anything not positive is nrgative in my book). Then they said "poor communicator" which from my seat out in the peanut gallery is correct, and left you negative feedback. I'd probably prefer not to deal with you too if your first attempt at resolution is the feedback system.

Not trying to bust your *****, just giving you my POV.
Actually, in my opinion, packaging is a significant part of a transaction. Poor packaging could cause damage to a product. Besides, what is the point in taking the pegs out of the original packaging if they're just going to throw the original packaging in there as well? Why not just leave them in the original packaging and then ship them to the buyer? I've had things get damaged because of poor packaging.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
LBussy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tankerwyf

Actually, in my opinion, packaging is a significant part of a transaction.
I shop with a lot of indys where I'm just glad they have the part I need. The very last thing I'm worried about is the packaging, provided the part is in good shape. It's not uncommon to have the packaging fall apart on some of the parts I buy but such is the special charm of working on a 40 year old bike. :-)

Poor packaging could cause damage to a product.
Sure, but in this case that was not the complaint ... at least I didn't read that in the post.

Besides, what is the point in taking the pegs out of the original packaging if they're just going to throw the original packaging in there as well?
It was likely an opened/returned package, qhich is why it was sold on eBay at a discount. The original packaging was likely included to prove source and/or authenticity. I would have done the same thing.

I'd be curious to see how the ad was worded, and I do realize more than one person has had issues with them. Taking just this transaction though, I'm hard pressed to see where I'd want to deal with a buyer who's first action is to leave less than positive feedback.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: LBussy

ORIGINAL: tankerwyf

Actually, in my opinion, packaging is a significant part of a transaction.
I shop with a lot of indys where I'm just glad they have the part I need. The very last thing I'm worried about is the packaging, provided the part is in good shape. It's not uncommon to have the packaging fall apart on some of the parts I buy but such is the special charm of working on a 40 year old bike. :-)

Poor packaging could cause damage to a product.
Sure, but in this case that was not the complaint ... at least I didn't read that in the post.

Besides, what is the point in taking the pegs out of the original packaging if they're just going to throw the original packaging in there as well?
It was likely an opened/returned package, qhich is why it was sold on eBay at a discount. The original packaging was likely included to prove source and/or authenticity. I would have done the same thing.

I'd be curious to see how the ad was worded, and I do realize more than one person has had issues with them. Taking just this transaction though, I'm hard pressed to see where I'd want to deal with a buyer who's first action is to leave less than positive feedback.
I got a box full of packing nuts with 2 highway pegs both thrown to the botton or atleast shifted there in shipping. Then they thew the Kuryakyn packaging in on top. The point is I left them neutral feedback, not negative but neutral because I was happy with the product just now how it was shipped. Anyway they are A$$es and will never have my buisness again! Thanks for all the replies. Bryan

Old 09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

they sent me a seat that didn't match what they advertised and would take it back.. said i didn't do my homework by going to the OEMs site for correct despription. every email i was cussed like a red headed stepchild. they told me to sell it on ebay. luckily i did and got my money back.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There will always be folks that say "I dealt with them, no problems", but, I keep seeing really pissed off people venting on the various different boards.
I'm never going to do buisness with these people cause it looks like Russian Roulette to me.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 AM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll throw my hat in this ring as well.

3 weeks ago ordered some samson longtails pipes. They sent me a different model of samson pipes than what I ordered in the auction. I immediately called them. It was a different excuse every time I called that entire week. "Look for an email from me tomorrow" "I'll call you tomorrow morning" "This is a complicated problem, we'll deal with this next monday". On and on. They would never call me back nor send email updates. They never said, yeah, i'll get those exchanged right away for you and sorry about that. They never said, ship them back to us for a full refund if you like. They just kept saying "this is a complicated matter". I was so irate that I was being ripped off for 500 bucks. They are crooks and bad people. I ended up having to file a dispute with paypal. Funny thing was, that morning I sent my final email to them asking for an immediate exchange or an a full refund. No response for hours. I sent one more that late afternoon asking for same thing or I was going to have to seek legal help. No response. I filed my paypal dispute and had an email in my PRIVATE (off ebay) email with a threat to cancel the dispute. They were banking on my not knowing that once you cancel a paypal dispute you can never reopen it and then you are truly screwed. I didn't reply to it and let them stew. One hour later, I get a phone call on my cell. Mind you, they have still not responded to the paypal dispute through paypal. On the phone, a fight ensued. They told me that I should look at all of their positive feedback and just wait for however long it took for an exchange. They said this was a "complicated matter" sort of implying that I was trying to rip them off. What a bunch of tards. I just said give me my damn money back. Anyway, paypal didn't even wait for me to escalate it and immediately told these tards to give me my money back. So, it cost ME 50 bucks to send the pipes back to them as they refuse to pay for the return shipping.

Stay away from these crooks. They are liars and couldn't ship a box of air correctly.

later.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I shop on Ebay... Thanks for the warning!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdeek

I'll throw my hat in this ring as well.

3 weeks ago ordered some samson longtails pipes. They sent me a different model of samson pipes than what I ordered in the auction. I immediately called them. It was a different excuse every time I called that entire week. "Look for an email from me tomorrow" "I'll call you tomorrow morning" "This is a complicated problem, we'll deal with this next monday". On and on. They would never call me back nor send email updates. They never said, yeah, i'll get those exchanged right away for you and sorry about that. They never said, ship them back to us for a full refund if you like. They just kept saying "this is a complicated matter". I was so irate that I was being ripped off for 500 bucks. They are crooks and bad people. I ended up having to file a dispute with paypal. Funny thing was, that morning I sent my final email to them asking for an immediate exchange or an a full refund. No response for hours. I sent one more that late afternoon asking for same thing or I was going to have to seek legal help. No response. I filed my paypal dispute and had an email in my PRIVATE (off ebay) email with a threat to cancel the dispute. They were banking on my not knowing that once you cancel a paypal dispute you can never reopen it and then you are truly screwed. I didn't reply to it and let them stew. One hour later, I get a phone call on my cell. Mind you, they have still not responded to the paypal dispute through paypal. On the phone, a fight ensued. They told me that I should look at all of their positive feedback and just wait for however long it took for an exchange. They said this was a "complicated matter" sort of implying that I was trying to rip them off. What a bunch of tards. I just said give me my damn money back. Anyway, paypal didn't even wait for me to escalate it and immediately told these tards to give me my money back. So, it cost ME 50 bucks to send the pipes back to them as they refuse to pay for the return shipping.

Stay away from these crooks. They are liars and couldn't ship a box of air correctly.

later.
I was considering buying some pipes from these guys. I'm glad I read this thread. I'll buy somewhere else now.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97FXSTSB

I shop on Ebay... Thanks for the warning!

Same here. I wouldn't want to go through that[:@]

Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM
firewatch
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, it's posts like this one that makes this forum worthwhile. i buy alot on ebay but never from these guys.

Quick Reply: AmericanClassicMotors on Ebay!!!