General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face, full time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,203 Likes on 3,424 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Rocket riders do it all the time around here, there's been issues over it with some business owners not wanting to allow it.

"No face, no case" as they say

Old 08-14-2024, 11:25 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,203 Likes on 3,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
I have this buddy. He’s super super ****. He’s married to a hot wife, he’s very stylistic, and dresses sharp. He represents himself well and is a manager in an IT firm. He gets into motorcycling. A group meet up at Starbucks to go for a ride that day. We’re already sitting inside and we watch him leave his helmet on, walk all the way into Starbucks, order coffee, then come over and sit next to us with his helmets still on.

most of my friends, I’ll bust their chops and we tease each other. This guy, not so much. He doesn’t really take it well or understand. We kind of looked at each other, and we left him alone. He finally got his coffee and took his helmet off. I waited till later in the day when it was just the two of us walking into a brewery. I asked him why he left his helmet on when we went to Starbucks and he said it’s too much trouble to take it on and off constantly, I don’t like all the gear. so maybe he’s just lazy.

LOL! Wearing more than one helmet identifies you as a noob right away. What an ultramaroon!

Old 08-14-2024, 11:31 AM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,844 Likes on 957 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
I bring it on myself… I know. But I’ll still say it again even though last time I was attacked…

‘I think it’s ridiculous to have a full face helmet on with bike parked and music blaring loud so you can hear it with your helmet on. Gas stations or even in front of stores.

Is it someone’s “Right” to turn THEIR music up to 11 while wearing a helmet forcing everyone else to listen the THEIR music.. yes.

Is it considerate, kind or even polite NO.

Be a genius and learn how to either use earplugs w/helmet or be considerate enough to turn it down at a light or with bike parked. ESPECIALLY WITH COP KILLER “N” word this and “F” word that. I mentioned I’d ask polite or turn it off for them and got crucified for saying… even got called a bully.. if I stop posting for a while you’ll know why. Cause I will ask as polite as possible, but got zero fear of after asking turning it off for them watch me.

I got rights too and they don’t include having to listen to that crap.
I'm not sure I saw "blaring your rap music at full volume while riding a Harley with full on loud exhaust is in the Constitution as a right, but I'll check again!
Just kidding . . . But I'm with you Rains2much, and TOTALLY agree on the music whether a bike or car. Those guys always remind me of the "Ohhhhh look at me, I'm sooooo cool with my loud music and loud bike". Now I get needing to be heard while riding up on the highway, but not at a gas station, or stop light, or parked.

But on the wearing the helmet into a store or gas station. I do it all the time with my FF Helmet. I ride with ear plugs and I tape over them to help keep them in place putting on my helmet. Once on, I tend to leave it on, as much as possible.
That and my hair gets messed up and I have no extra room in the saddlebags for my Suavacito Hair Gel to redo!

The following users liked this post:
Rains2much (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 11:50 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,318 Likes on 1,445 Posts

I pay at the pump when I buy gasoline. The only businesses I ride my motorcycle to are restaurants and motorcycle dealerships. My helmet either gets locked onto the bike or it is carried inside with me, never worn. I was glad when Michigan's helmet law was repealed because I can still ride home legally if my helmet gets stolen.

Old 08-14-2024, 01:34 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,240 Likes on 6,719 Posts

Nassau County, Long Island, NY new ban on wearing face covering in public; https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...law-rcna166560

Old 08-14-2024, 07:21 PM
Rusty Springs
Road Captain
Received 543 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Eborjas
Also during the covid scare I purposely walked into a store with a Super Dark tinted helmet. That was fun. No one told me anything.
I joked about going into the bank wearing a bandana for a mask and a 44 on my hip. Never did it though.

The following users liked this post:
bduds65 (08-15-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 07:22 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 551 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Springs
I joked about going into the bank wearing a bandana for a mask and a 44 on my hip. Never did it though.
Yeah I have thought any times about firing 9mm blanks into the air when kids cut through my yard. However, I am sure what wouldn't go well. Innocent though right? Perhaps just carry a baseball bat. As they say, I might need a baseball glove too LOL

Old 08-15-2024, 08:19 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,892 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Just became illegal on Long Island yesterday. My shop, if I see a person come in like this, my safety goes off and holster unclasped. We will also ask the person nicely to remove the helmet..

The following 3 users liked this post by uncle kebo:
bduds65 (08-15-2024), Goose_NC (08-15-2024), s-glide76 (08-17-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 09:08 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,646 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Really any different than the many Harley riding pirates I see these days with plastic face masks and such? Many of them wear it seemingly everywhere they go. Kinda comical to me, but to each their own.

Stuff like this is becoming downright common:

Old 08-15-2024, 12:11 PM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,648 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Really any different than the many Harley riding pirates I see these days with plastic face masks and such? Many of them wear it seemingly everywhere they go. Kinda comical to me, but to each their own.

Stuff like this is becoming downright common:

Sneezing in a full face helmet is bad. But sneezing in cloth wrapped around your head is just stupid.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rains2much:
foxtrapper (08-15-2024), Goose_NC (08-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Full face, full time?