General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever see the want-a-be's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
lejj909
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ever see the want-a-be's.

ORIGINAL: Sanford

It doesn't bother me, they can buy and wear what ever they want. The moco makes big bucks selling HD clothing and accesories to non owners. To each his own.
Me too Most of my friends wearing hd tee HD gloves evrything on the is HD decalsJackets they even take out the V-Star thing

Old 09-01-2007, 04:38 PM
indianut
Intermediate

I've got news for ya'll. Just because you have Harleys, does not mean that you are not Wanna-be's!

Old 09-01-2007, 05:06 PM
wildmn
Cruiser

this thread sucks[:'(]

Old 09-01-2007, 05:45 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I've worn my HD T's when I had one and did not wear them when I didn't. It goes back to a time when I worked for Haliburton and me and the crew would get off and go to the local watering hole. There was a group of wanna-be's kids that hung there as well who wore all the gear-you know, the whole outfit. Of course they brought there 'biker' attitude with them as well. One night they got a bit out of hand, and my crew wiped the floor with them. Sad thing is, with alltheir bluster and BS, there was not a bike between the whole damn lot. After that, wearing the shirt without owning the bike reminds me of this bunch of losers. This only applies to me and my warped way of thinking.....

Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

Who cares, I don't.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:07 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a business and I am amazed at how many people pull up with big HD stickers on their cars and HD t-shirts on as well. Ialways ask, "so what kind of Harley do you ride" and the most common response is "I don't have a Harley"...... WTF???

Old 09-01-2007, 06:13 PM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

its no secret I own a Harley a Honda and an Indian and drive a HD truck so am I supposed to change my shirt everytime I change my bike ?
Apparently, according to the fashion police, the answer to your question would be a resounding......YES!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:14 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

its no secret I own a Harley a Honda and an Indian and drive a HD truck so am I supposed to change my shirt everytime I change my bike ?
Maybe. It might show consideration for those close to you.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: rick

I'm not bashing anyone by any means.It just doesnt fit.I had one of those HD jean sleevless shirts given to me as a gift when i owned my honda aero,and it sat in my closet for along while. My wife would ask me why i never wore it and i told her because i dont own one.When i get one i'll wear it.It sat for a long while until i got my HD.It was my first shirt worn afterwards.Other wise it would look like wearing a 3 pc suit with sandals.
Yea, I feelodd when I wear my HD nylon jacket commuting to work on my GS1100, but then again, I could care less about brand loyalty....

Old 09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
tater2stock
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Duder

I really think you are overthinking the whole Tshirt image thing. By that rationale we shouldenforce the following:
You cant wear tennis shoes if you dont play tennis
You cant wear cowboy boots if you dont own a ranch or a horse
You cant wear an NFL team t shirt unless you have been on their roster..being just a fan wont qualify
You cant wear a Dale jr t shirt if you dont own a Chevrolet

Tshirts are fun with no predetermined status in my opinion. OMG, call the fashion police he is wearing a Harley shirt but pulled up in a truck!!! How do we know if he really owns a Harley? Get serious
You stole my thoughts.....I wear AZ Diamonbacks stuff ALL the time but unfortunatly have never played for them. The HD Motorclothes are pretty cool and very popular. Maybe they love their metric and just like the HD stuff. Who cares, ride what you got and just love it!

Quick Reply: ever see the want-a-be's.