General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever see the want-a-be's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:10 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ever see the want-a-be's.

ORIGINAL: Blackmouth

ORIGINAL: rick

It may sound corny but on several occasions i've seen several riders with HD clothing (tee's and such)then when you see their ride it's a honda or other metric.I used to own a metric(98 aero)b4 my HD and wore regular biker tee's and such but the generic ones nothing HD because i didnt own one.I've also even seen metric bikes with HD logos and stickers,evenaccessoriesindicating it was an HD.It just seems wrong to me,maybe i'm minority but it just doesnt seem right,seems kind of goofy.
Rick, you don't know that they don't have an HD at home. Lots of folks own more than one ride, especially if there's more than one rider in the household.

Or maybe their HD was recently wrecked/stolen and the metric is all they can ride/afford for now.

Or maybe they love motorcycles from ALL mfr's and have Honda and Suzuki tees in their closet at home.

Or maybe the shirt was a gift.

My point is we just don't know...too many different possibilities.

But with all of these "maybe's" the one thing that I CAN be CERTAIN about is that what those other riders are wearing is none of our damn business.
Exactly! Who gives a sshit what anyone else wears, rides, or what have you? Life's too short, the road too sweet, and the days too few for folks to be concerning themselves with such trivial bullsshit in my view.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Imjonesy
Advanced

I always wear non-HD (Triumph, BSA, Norton, Bultaco, Etc...) gear and clothes while riding my HD. I'm pretty much sick of all the HD branding and whoring on everything out there. HD clothes, shoes, shot glasses, beer, cards, underwear, it's crazy. I've even taken all ofm the branding off my bike. I'm sick of seeing the HD brand everywhere.

Imjonesy

Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 AM
cderider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally agree with you Imjonesy, I WILL NOT wear any branded HD gear. For me its about riding a motorcycle not style. Most if not all Harley's functoinal jackets are made by someone else anyway. Oh, Eyeball I love your Sig.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: 06train

I always get a kick outa the "BUY UNION" stickers on import cars.
........Ya caught me........ I put them there...
Now THAT would actually make sense.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Fat_06
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Imjonesy

I always wear non-HD (Triumph, BSA, Norton, Bultaco, Etc...) gear and clothes while riding my HD. I'm pretty much sick of all the HD branding and horing on everything out there. HD clothes, shoes, shot glasses, beer, cards, underwear, it's crazy. I've even taken all ofm the branding off my bike. I'm sick of seeing the HD brand everywhere.

Imjonesy
I very seldom wear shirts that have HD on 'em, I have them,the majority of them are black, I bought them at all the different dealers I've visited, but they just hang in my closet...
I prefer to wear sleeveless shirts, usually grey(matches anything), probably with some reference to the beach or ocean...
Also have a sleeveless denim vest that I wear, even in 100 degree weather, so I have a place to put my cigarettes, glasses, phone, etc...[&:]

Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: Imjonesy

I always wear non-HD (Triumph, BSA, Norton, Bultaco, Etc...) gear and clothes while riding my HD. I'm pretty much sick of all the HD branding and horing on everything out there. HD clothes, shoes, shot glasses, beer, cards, underwear, it's crazy. I've even taken all ofm the branding off my bike. I'm sick of seeing the HD brand everywhere.

Imjonesy
So basically what you are saying is you'd rather be whoring for another company? (In reference to wearing non-HD shirts)

I have alot of HD shirts, but about half of them were given to me (birthday, christmas, arbor day, etc.). The others are ones I've bought from different dealers I've been to.

I did have a chuckle yesterday morning. Wife and I were coming back from breakfast, and there was a metric cruiser in front of me (Yamaha, Kawi, couldn't really tell). It was decked up pretty nice. The guy was wearing a Harley sleeveless shirt though.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear Honda shirts. My friend wears harley shirts and rides hondas and triumph choppers. The only time I wear a harley t-shirt, is if I'm not my my harley.The way I feel,wearing harley gear on a harley is likegoing to a concert wearing the t-shirt of the band you're there to see. It's just kinda lame.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

its no secret I own a Harley a Honda and an Indian and drive a HD truck so am I supposed to change my shirt everytime I change my bike ?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear a Bultaco Tshirt. I dont even own a dirtbike,much less a Bultaco. And Bultaco has been out of buisness since ........80? Would still like one though. Does that seem wrong to you? What does that make me?

And thank GOD for goofy. If there wasnt goofy people, or different people, and everyone was just like YOU, then life would be a pretty boring place, wouldnt it?
And who knows, Maybe YOURE the goofy one

Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 PM
BillyJoeBob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm wearing my HD shirt, but not on my bike because I'm having to work today. My point is that make's me a wannabe because I wannabe riding instead of working.

Quick Reply: ever see the want-a-be's.