General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever see the want-a-be's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Roofuss96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ever see the want-a-be's.

[sm=idontcare.gif][sm=idontcare.gif][sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Blackisfast
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rick
...Other wise it would look like wearing a 3 pc suit with sandals.
I did this once to irritate someone. It worked...he was pissed all day.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wear what you have. Almost bought a Victory, but would have been riding it wearing my HD Switchback jacket. Can't see not wearing something because it's not stylish (might explain the rest of my wardrobe). My opinion: So What?

Old 09-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years back while riding my Japaneese bikes, I would always look at Harleys the way a kid with a beat up old Chevelle would look at a new Corvette. Since the Vette was way beyond my reach, I just enjoyed the hell out of my Jalopy and decided not to eat my heart out. My Jap bikes were great and I enjoyed every one of them. BUT. My goal was to get a Harley.....someday. That day arrived in May of '06. Got it, love it, but I'll never forget that it was Jap bikes that brought me to motorcycling in the first place and they were fun.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
06train
Road Warrior

I always get a kick outa the "BUY UNION" stickers on import cars.
........Ya caught me........ I put them there...

Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
blaw
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

Ya never know. The other day, I was riding my daughter's Yamaha wearing my HD shirt. We own two HD's, a Suzuki and a Yamaha. Don't judge a book by its cover.
^ yep.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

Is this gonig to be like those programs my wife watches where they dress people and tell them what not to wear?

Old 09-01-2007, 09:26 AM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be a want a be. Mind you, I never put HD stickers on my honda or even bought a HD t-shirt till I was seriously in the running for a HD. I just wanted to be a HD owner and that was that. When I put money down for my '08 FB, I wore the couple HD t's that I had, and the Honda was long gone. But now I have my FB, ooooo yeah. But to each there own. It took me a long time to get to this point, and I bet a lot of people are on there way, just waiting for the funds. I think they should keep dreamin and one day there dream may come through.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Blackmouth
Road Master

ORIGINAL: rick

It may sound corny but on several occasions i've seen several riders with HD clothing (tee's and such)then when you see their ride it's a honda or other metric.I used to own a metric(98 aero)b4 my HD and wore regular biker tee's and such but the generic ones nothing HD because i didnt own one.I've also even seen metric bikes with HD logos and stickers,evenaccessoriesindicating it was an HD.It just seems wrong to me,maybe i'm minority but it just doesnt seem right,seems kind of goofy.
Rick, you don't know that they don't have an HD at home. Lots of folks own more than one ride, especially if there's more than one rider in the household.

Or maybe their HD was recently wrecked/stolen and the metric is all they can ride/afford for now.

Or maybe they love motorcycles from ALL mfr's and have Honda and Suzuki tees in their closet at home.

Or maybe the shirt was a gift.

My point is we just don't know...too many different possibilities.

But with all of these "maybe's" the one thing that I CAN be CERTAIN about is that what those other riders are wearing is none of our damn business.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Duder
Advanced

I really think you are overthinking the whole Tshirt image thing. By that rationale we shouldenforce the following:
You cant wear tennis shoes if you dont play tennis
You cant wear cowboy boots if you dont own a ranch or a horse
You cant wear an NFL team t shirt unless you have been on their roster..being just a fan wont qualify
You cant wear a Dale jr t shirt if you dont own a Chevrolet

Tshirts are fun with no predetermined status in my opinion. OMG, call the fashion police he is wearing a Harley shirt but pulled up in a truck!!! How do we know if he really owns a Harley? Get serious

Quick Reply: ever see the want-a-be's.