General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free man-purse with $175 purchase from HD.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 01:23 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,681 Likes on 2,721 Posts

'Nuff said...

The following users liked this post:
Notgrownup (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 01:55 PM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,675 Likes on 4,224 Posts

Originally Posted by HeritageBrads
I was at a chopper show last month. Very cool show but as you’d expect, full of hipster with rolled up £500 jeans and Vans shoes etc
No problems there really

Anyhoo. Outside a full dresser rolled up with a feking giant riding it , guy gets of and he’s massive
huge beard , long hair , guy looks like a full blown Viking warrior. His missus was 6 ft tall, blonde , beautiful but looked like she could snap you in half.

Cool guy I thought. Had a chat and heading inside

10 minutes later he’s walking round with a man purse slung over his front
Gayest **** I seen all day.

Image shattered hahaha
if i'd have seen him here in the US I may have considered the possibility that he was carrying a concealed handgun....i'm pretty sure that is a thing here, bags like that for concealed carry....some are made specifically for the purpose with internal holsters, places for extra clips, etc

brakeless (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 01:57 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,681 Likes on 2,721 Posts

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
if i'd have seen him here in the US I may have considered the possibility that he was carrying a concealed handgun....i'm pretty sure that is a thing here, bags like that for concealed carry....some are made specifically for the purpose with internal holsters, places for extra clips, etc
See post #38

CaffeineBuzz (08-13-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 02:08 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,762 Likes on 2,242 Posts

I just do not get it. In 1979 I had a couple friend who wanted to just take off after graduation. The were broke like most high school grads, and rode a motorcycle from Wisconsin to Florida. Two guys, one motorcycle. Once in Florida, they got jobs and then one of them bought a car. Then they shared the car and the motorcycle.

In 1979 I get stationed in London. Vehicles were expensive to buy and maintain, especially when compared to the USA. The "passenger" seat was referred to as a"buddy" seat there.

Had a couple English dude ride to an event in Northern France. On bike broke down. Parts were not immediately available. They both had to return to work in England, and so they rode the bike back to London. Cheaper and faster than train, bus, ferry, bus and train.

We did rib him that at least his rat bike looked better with the ugly passenger!

And my last "waist pouch" carried my pipe or cigar stuff for the day away from the bike or vehicle, and a 357 revolver with two speed loaders.

Last edited by Goose_NC; 08-12-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:13 AM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,844 Likes on 957 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Yeah like shotgun shells and 7.62 rounds haha.

I thought those crossbody fanny packs were invented for men specifically since not every dude want to shove his pockets full of stuff everytime, or clip a bunch of **** to their belt.
Dudes are too touchy about side satachels and stuff, and these crossbody bags are legitimately unwearable if you have *****. They are super annoying.
That and belt fanny packs went out of style in like the 90s and they are targets for geeky ridicule.

When it comes to **** I have to carry on my bike, I always need my insurance card and reg, along with my wallet, knife, and pepperspray. I also try to keep on me the tire puncture kit(rope plugs, and mini compressor). All of that can fit in a small backpack so that's what I use. I use a hardshell motorcycle backpack if my tailbag isn't on the bike.
I use the gay sling bag all the time when riding, hiking, whatever. A backpack on your back is easy pickings for someone AND you cannot get to it quickly. I have a permit that let's me carry somethings a bit stronger than pepper spray for deterrent and I like to keep it close and easy access when riding. My 5.11 sling bag can be worn so I can flip it around quickly and access "anything" I need inside quickly. I always carry my phone in the sling or my pocket and never mounted on the bike. If you go down you want that phone with you NOT with the bike.
Sling bags

Sling bag worn over your shoulder - Not Gay. Man card intact kept in sling bag!
Fanny bag around you waist - Sorta Gay. Man car on probation.
Purse or anything on one shoulder or multi-colored- Feminine/Gay. Man card must be turned in

Last edited by Calif Fat Bob; 08-13-2024 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:22 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 551 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
Sling bag worn over your shoulder - Not Gay. Man card intact kept in sling bag!
Fanny bag around you waist - Sorta Gay. Man car on probation.
Purse or anything on one shoulder or multi-colored- Feminine/Gay. Man card must be turned in
I would sort of agree with all of that but I am not taking any chances. It might be good to use as a container in a saddlebag but I am not wearing it. Shoot, I cannot even wear a tie dye dew rag anymore. I wore it once in June a few years ago and I still get sh** for it

No wonder skulls and black colors are so popular LOL

Old 08-14-2024, 05:43 AM
lilyelliott4
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
I just do not get it. In 1979 I had a couple friend who wanted to just take off after graduation. The were broke like most high school grads, and rode a motorcycle from Wisconsin to Florida. Two guys, one motorcycle. Once in Florida, they got jobs and then one of them bought a car. Then they shared the car and the motorcycle.

In 1979 I get stationed in London. Vehicles were expensive to buy and maintain, especially when compared to the USA. The "passenger" seat was referred to as a"buddy" seat there.

Had a couple English dude ride to an event in Northern France. On bike broke down. Parts were not immediately available. They both had to return to work in England, and so they rode the bike back to London. Cheaper and faster than train, bus, ferry, bus and train.

We did rib him that at least his rat bike looked better with the ugly passenger!

And my last "waist pouch" carried my pipe or cigar stuff for the day away from the bike or vehicle, and a 357 revolver with two speed loaders.
In 1979, two friends received a motorcycle as a graduation gift and rode it from Wisconsin to Florida, despite being broke. They found work in Florida and bought a car to share. Meanwhile, in London, vehicles were costly. A similar tale unfolded with two English riders whose bike broke down in France; they rode it back rather than taking more expensive and slower public transport. There was some friendly teasing about the bike's looks. Lastly, a waist pouch was used to carry pipe or cigar supplies and a .357 revolver with speed loaders.

Calif Fat Bob (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 06:39 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,740 Likes on 2,790 Posts

Pretty sure the over the shoulder bag for men has been a thing for quite some time. Even Seinfeld did an episode on this what... back in the 90s?

Old 08-14-2024, 07:14 AM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,255 Likes on 1,990 Posts

Man purse = Gay🌈🌈🌈

Last edited by Cozz; 08-14-2024 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2024, 08:37 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,125 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Showing up a couple pages late... I thought it was for the ladies. Never once thought it was for a guy.

Quick Reply: Free man-purse with $175 purchase from HD.com