General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience with Discount ESP

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2024, 07:52 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,966 Likes on 4,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Not to mention that (for better or for worse), forum rules technically do not allow bashing of forum sponsors (#14). Fine line between bashing and reporting a bad experience, I guess.
There not on the sponsor list that I see. Do you see them?

Old 07-30-2024, 07:53 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,717 Likes on 2,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Another first time poster who joins a forum just to complain about something.

Has established zero credibility here, for all we know it could be a competitor throwing posts.

This type of post should be deleted by the mods.
+1

Old 07-30-2024, 07:55 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackie Paper
There not on the sponsor list that I see. Do you see them?
Its a good point. Jim is an agent who represents DiscountESP, Jim is a forum sponsor.

Old 07-30-2024, 07:59 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,112 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Time to get @JimPalmer involved: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...agent-com.html

There have been plenty of good experiences with this company, but seems like lately they have some inexperienced/bad adjusters.
The correct insurance agent is @Jim Palmer - MotorcycleAgent.com .

Its a good point. Jim is an agent who represents DiscountESP, Jim is a forum sponsor.
Jim has not represented Discount ESP for over 5 years.

Old 07-30-2024, 08:03 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
The correct insurance agent is @Jim Palmer - MotorcycleAgent.com .

Jim has not represented Discount ESP for over 5 years.
OK, my bad. I tried to get his @ profile name to come up but when I type it only shows me the shorter one.

Old 07-30-2024, 08:04 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,112 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Originally Posted by tycraven
Last week while traveling back to Arizona from Atlanta my bike went down in Fort Worth Texas. I was luck enough to make it to the Harley Dealer near by. My bike was looked at the next morning and when the Harley Technician broke the bike down took pics as requested and sent to Discount ESP, he deemed that I hat a bad Stator, Rotor and charging assembly. Kyle At Discount, stated that the pictures that Harley took did not look like they belonged on my bike. He started throwing around inflammatory words such as fraud. Stating that they were going to deny my claim. I explained to him, that my bike was there at the Harley Dealer. They took it apart. Speak to them. I have never been spoken to in suck a manner in my entire life. It almost felt like it was being discriminated against, since he was not even trying to hear me but all he kept pushing was fraud. And because they did not pay my claim and I needed my bike to continue the ride home, I had to pay for the repair out of pocket. I called and asked for a manager to call me back. I never got a call back. I chose this warranty because it was the only/best one out there. However, I here there are other options now.
I had Discount ESP for 5 years which ended this past December. I had several claims totaling over $3000, a mix of tire issues and mechanical issues like head gaskets. Never had anything remotely close to your experience. Call it a fluke. You can get a refund for the prorated amount of your plan. You can still submit a claim and get reimbursed for your repair. Instead of being passive and waiting for them to call you, call them and ask for a manager.

As mentioned, there are other ESP providers out there like @Jim Palmer - MotorcycleAgent.com . He is also an insurance agent, so if you need any insurance quotes, be sure to ask too.