General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Dealers Sued for Installing Illegal Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2024, 02:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,683 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Originally Posted by SirHarley
I call him the "cut and paste" Journalist...He recycles old news in new packaging and adds some irrelevant photos. I get the impression that he doesn't even ride motorcycles. Today, Journalism is more about volume than content.
The Curated Content Editor is clearly a cut and hack person. It's all about getting a rise from people instead of telling the truth. Had he bothered to tell the truth it would not get any attention and all he is here for is to pump meanly and untruthful stories out, IMHO. Its like he doesn't even bother to read the original story before he hacks it up to create another useless post to put out here. The EPA has nothing to do with the lawsuit in the story he is destroying with his cut an hack job. That's just why the judge toss 90% of the case out already.

Old 08-03-2024, 04:10 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,816 Likes on 11,587 Posts

Suing fo4 breaking the law, if you can’t prove personal damages is bull ****. And should be thrown out of court completely. Next they’ll sue their neighbor because of the illegal heightbo& his pickup truck.

BTW…California has enacted laws that are a boon to lawn & garden stores in adjacent states. It is now illegal to sell gas powered lawn and garden equipment in California. Just like making greater than 10 round magazines legal. I wonder when they are going to outlaw outboard gasoline motors?

Old 08-06-2024, 12:42 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,905 Likes on 2,433 Posts

Like Ive said before - My editor just shakes his head

Old 08-07-2024, 03:04 PM
ahhlou
Road Master
Received 675 Likes on 338 Posts

The doctor probably has a construction worker living in his neighborhood with a noisy bike who wakes him up every morning at 6 AM...

Old 08-08-2024, 05:03 PM
LonestarXL
Road Captain
Received 287 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Suing fo4 breaking the law, if you can’t prove personal damages is bull ****. And should be thrown out of court completely. Next they’ll sue their neighbor because of the illegal heightbo& his pickup truck.

BTW…California has enacted laws that are a boon to lawn & garden stores in adjacent states. It is now illegal to sell gas powered lawn and garden equipment in California. Just like making greater than 10 round magazines legal. I wonder when they are going to outlaw outboard gasoline motors?
I dislike California as much as any Texan, but it’s not illegal to sell gas powered lawn mowers in CA. Do a Home Depot search. In the future? Who knows.

Old 08-08-2024, 07:07 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by LonestarXL
I dislike California as much as any Texan, but it’s not illegal to sell gas powered lawn mowers in CA. Do a Home Depot search. In the future? Who knows.
It is illegal to do that. I checked a big box store in California city of Oceanside and a push gas mower is not available in California.

Then there is this: Despite backlash from many landscaping professionals, California's ban on the sale of gas-powered lawn equipment took effect on January 1, 2024. The ban only applies to new purchases; homeowners and businesses can continue using their gas-powered equipment until the end of its life.

Old 08-08-2024, 11:11 PM
Tom H
Road Captain
Received 380 Likes on 282 Posts

Well that was interesting. I just checked Home Depot with my Ca. zip code. No push type gas mowers for my zip code. Not available for your zip code, please change the zip code for availability. I could buy a gas ride on. I'm near Torrance, Ca..

Well, start buying stock in the specialized mower batteries. I had an electric that you had to buy their battery, a measaly $250 or so IIRR. I had another one that would take AGM batteries in it's battery pack, they were reasonable, about $30 each for no name from Amazon.

When I checked the price for the one that I had to buy their battery. At the time I could have bought their complete mower with battery for not much more than just buying a spare battery. Then I would have had a spare battery and spare mower.

Wow, just FN WOW???????

Tom

Last edited by Tom H; 08-08-2024 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2024, 06:10 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom H
Well that was interesting. I just checked Home Depot with my Ca. zip code. No push type gas mowers for my zip code. Not available for your zip code, please change the zip code for availability. I could buy a gas ride on. I'm near Torrance, Ca..

Well, start buying stock in the specialized mower batteries. I had an electric that you had to buy their battery, a measaly $250 or so IIRR. I had another one that would take AGM batteries in it's battery pack, they were reasonable, about $30 each for no name from Amazon.

When I checked the price for the one that I had to buy their battery. At the time I could have bought their complete mower with battery for not much more than just buying a spare battery. Then I would have had a spare battery and spare mower.

Wow, just FN WOW???????

Tom
I did not quote all the restrictions on the new ban. It has restrictions of a certain HP and it depends on the model you were looking at if the ban would apply. Think the horsepower limit is 25? I do not live there and the fact that right now Texas is pretty republican it will not pass here....DEI is outlawed in Texas.

That is how they like it there or it would not have passed. With a population of close to 40 million some opposition would have stopped it if they were organized and funded.