General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-Action disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 04:58 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,187 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by gonemad
Too bad that I got the email. But since I'm not original from the south, bless your heart isn't derogatory where I come from. lol

Old 07-14-2024, 02:20 PM
Black Ultra
Road Master
Received 597 Likes on 311 Posts

I too ordered from PA recently. 7-8 to be precise. I called to order because I don't know much about Suspension and wanted to talk through my particulars with them in hopes that would lead to better fit for my needs. After speaking with George, I believe I did the right thing. We had an hour long conversation, after which I felt very confident in my choice. I ordered both front and rear. The front kits were in stock and shipped same day. I received them Thursday and installed Friday after work. I got the same info as the OP about the rears. Thye were waiting on some components and couldn't be built immediately. They said about a week to get the parts, then they need to be built, set up and shipped. If all goes well, they will arrive late this coming week or the week after.

Also, to date, I have only been charged for the fronts as they said they don't charge your card until they ship. Very cool of them in my opinion. I was fully expecting to pay for everything immediately when I ordered.

BTW, so far, I'm very pleased with the front. Small bumps are all but unnoticeable and medium bumps are much less harsh. Large bumps are still large bumps but maybe slightly softer than before. But I realize there is only so much they can do with 4-5" of travel. It's not a motocross bike.

Can't wait to try the rears! If they are only as good as the front turned out to be, I will be very happy. However, I understand they should make an even larger difference than the front did.

I agree that it was a little disappointing that they couldn't be shipped immediately. I have been saving for this upgrade for a while. But I was more than impressed with their customer service and I would rather they be honest up front about the delay.

Last edited by Black Ultra; 07-14-2024 at 02:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Ultra:
Cosmic Razorback (07-14-2024), theheder (07-18-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 04:09 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

I emailed Pro-Action last night and apologized for my late night rant. Today I had a missed call from George at Pro-Action, he wants me to call him on Monday around noon his time, but expects the parts to be in on July 15th.

I did plan to leave out next Sunday the 21st to head to Morrisville, Pa. Seems to be the least chance of rain. Beaver Falls, adds 2 hours to my route if I go up through Kentucky and Ohio into Pa.
So I'm thinking about asking George to hold on to my order and I can stop by the shop on Monday the 22nd. But I wouldn't be able to afford and installation fee. Maybe he'd have a small scissor jack that I could use.

The following 3 users liked this post by Glenn Gorman:
jamala00 (07-14-2024), MikeTD3 (07-14-2024), Oko (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 05:45 PM
86glider
Road Warrior
Received 899 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Gorman
I emailed Pro-Action last night and apologized for my late night rant. Today I had a missed call from George at Pro-Action, he wants me to call him on Monday around noon his time, but expects the parts to be in on July 15th.

I did plan to leave out next Sunday the 21st to head to Morrisville, Pa. Seems to be the least chance of rain. Beaver Falls, adds 2 hours to my route if I go up through Kentucky and Ohio into Pa.
So I'm thinking about asking George to hold on to my order and I can stop by the shop on Monday the 22nd. But I wouldn't be able to afford and installation fee. Maybe he'd have a small scissor jack that I could use.
All rants aside, hope you get the shock situation sorted out.Spending large amounts of money on anything should result in a good outcome, all the best.

Old 07-14-2024, 06:01 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,031 Likes on 7,308 Posts

They install their suspension products at their shop every day. They installed my first set of Pro-Action rear shocks free of charge with the purchase. Then they took me for a ride on a really bumpy PA road to make sure they were adjusted properly and to make sure I was happy.

Great people!

The following 4 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
bpav16 (07-18-2024), Glenn Gorman (07-14-2024), jamala00 (07-14-2024), keener3rd (07-16-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 08:04 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,785 Likes on 1,188 Posts

First. Thanks guys I needed that.
Credit to you for a respectable response. Everybody has an occasional bad day. Well done sir.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (07-15-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 08:18 PM
scott7d
Road Captain
Received 934 Likes on 286 Posts

We are all like little kids when it comes to our box. We chomp at the bit for new stuff and it can be tough waiting. Good to see you were able to take a step back and swallow your pride.

I've put 60,000+ miles all separately on ProAction, Ohlins from Smarty, Legend, and Super Shox. ProAction have been my favorite of them all.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (07-15-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 01:42 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

I had a missed call from George Monday morning, I called back and spoke with Julie. As of Monday they were back ordered by 100 units because of the delay of getting parts in. I told her that I wanted to cancel my order because I live in an apartment and didn't want a box sitting outside my door while I was gone. She explained that if I canceled and then decided to reorder, that I would lose my place in the que and it would take even longer. She suggested that she could delay shipping until I got home. I asked her if it would be possible for me to stop by if the shocks were ready when I was leaving out. She told me to call her on Wednesday as she'd have a better idea.

Ya'll are right, she was very nice and I did apologize for my email. She went on and explained how George had bought another Harley and was so disappointed in the ride. She told him to "fix it, that's what you do." And how George would keep his notes while only changing one thing at a time. After 9 months he was ready to have others test the shocks out.

The following 4 users liked this post by Glenn Gorman:
bpav16 (07-18-2024), Cosmic Razorback (07-16-2024), keener3rd (07-16-2024), redfin00 (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 06:32 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,031 Likes on 7,308 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Old 07-17-2024, 03:44 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

Spoke with Julie today. They are building and shipping shocks. I asked her to hold on to mine and I will pick them up Monday. My plan is to leave out Sunday, ride from Spring Hill, Tn through Kentucky and Ohio into Pa. Spend the night in Beaver Falls and stop by Pro-Action on Monday. Then hopefully borrow a scissor jack, do the install and head off to Morrisville, Pa to visit my kids.

Ordered a new HJC C-91 helmet with a gold mirror visor just incase I hit rain when leaving out.

Last edited by Glenn Gorman; 07-17-2024 at 03:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glenn Gorman:
bpav16 (07-18-2024), Cosmic Razorback (07-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Pro-Action disappointment