General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Forum is about Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2024, 08:10 AM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 23,969 Likes on 7,855 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Agreed but replacement mirrors for my HD aren't 1500.00 like my BMW R9T (true dat)...
Can you put Harley mirrors on your BMW? Asking for Rounders, lol.

Old 07-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,646 Likes on 786 Posts

I don’t wanna be misunderstood. I’ve owned several crotch Rockets in my teens and very early twenties. I didn’t start a thread to say only Harleys are good.. Or someone can’t enjoy another brand. I don’t care and find it interesting when someone says “Yeah I also love my “whatever” I like it because “whatever”…” I think some who contributed in this thread found themselves slightly offended or defensive. No issue with other bikes. My problem is stepping on Harley and promoting something else.

My example. A guy is all proud of his first new to him Harley but wants a little more pep so he asks about next step, cam, compression.. he gets some advice and then some doorknob says something like “I gave up thinking Harley could have any performance, I now ride (whatever the plastic ugly monstrosity was) and says something like “That’s the only way the guy can ride 80 mph. I make 130hp blah blah blah out of the box blah blah blah” Go pound sand… nobody asked you about your stupid looking bike. If the thread was about how to gain some performance with his new bike, why jump in there about something completely different and try to make the new guy feel bad about his purchase.

The guy about back pain makes a comment that due to age his back is starting to hurt, doesn’t know if he can go cross country so rides more local now. The “other” guy with the Goldwing didn’t say maybe try something with better suspension like my Goldwing.. No he says something like “We’ll Harley just can’t build anything smooth or comfortable, they lack the engineering like my Goldwing. I can ride…that’s why I switched”

If he switched then go away. Who says your Goldwing is better for long trips, nobody asked. If he wanted to offer a suggestion, ok, but why put Harley down to do it if your enjoying and part of a HARLEY DAVIDSON FORUM? Why come to Harley forum to tell everyone they are poorly engineered and that you switched to brand X? Why ever log in again actually.

Last edited by Rains2much; 07-12-2024 at 08:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Evo-Wes (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:22 AM
ahhlou
Road Master
Received 673 Likes on 337 Posts

All motorcycles are an experience. Around here, we talk about our Harley experiences.

Take your other experiences elsewhere...

The following 2 users liked this post by ahhlou:
Leimy (07-12-2024), Rains2much (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:32 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,671 Likes on 4,224 Posts

first of all let me respond to the OP with this...it's an old pic, i'm a good 60 lbs heavier, but it woks perfect here

here's a link to the thread that hurt your feelings....please point out where I "start telling them that Harley is crap"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...sloooow-4.html

have you considered the possibility that it really doesn't rain too much? maybe you just cry too much and it seems like rain?

The following 2 users liked this post by CaffeineBuzz:
ChrisHo (07-12-2024), hellonewman (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:35 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior

[QUOTE=CaffeineBuzz;21739847]

Did you ride that in Harry Potter?

Picture sums you up perfect. classy well thought out response. I tried not using names or too many specifics, started a different thread to discuss the annoying trend. But if you wanna wear it go for it. And this thread was started because of many similar comments Permeating the threads. So, don’t think it’s all about you, we don’t want you getting big headed or anything.

Last edited by Rains2much; 07-12-2024 at 08:59 AM.
Evo-Wes (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 09:11 AM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 825 Likes on 392 Posts

I'm Methuselah'esqe. Over the years I've often seen this forum's odor change. Sorta stinks now, but new blood flows in periodically, bloviates, and then passes on out (pun) on to their next interest (fishing, growing Caladiums, collecting vintage b*tt plugs, etc). It's natural; a sinusoidal pattern; "everything old is new again".

As soon as HD purges it's internal intestinal epidemic by being bought out, merging, or maybe by internal reorganization and re-invention, we'll see new models that will turn the forums back to cool technical discussions and away from the chest beating and verbal diarrhea.

I'm a little worried about the wieners on the Curated Content Editor staff, though...

Last edited by panheadache; 07-12-2024 at 09:17 AM.
soldierbot (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 09:21 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,826 Likes on 19,323 Posts

Originally Posted by panheadache
I'm Methuselah'esqe. Over the years I've often seen this forum's odor change. Sorta stinks now, but new blood flows in periodically, bloviates, and then passes on out (pun) on to their next interest (fishing, growing Caladiums, collecting vintage b*tt plugs, etc). It's natural; a sinusoidal pattern; "everything old is new again".

As soon as HD purges it's internal intestinal epidemic by being bought out, merging, or maybe by internal reorganization and re-invention, we'll see new models that will turn the forums back to cool technical discussions and away from the chest beating and verbal diarrhea.

I'm a little worried about the wieners on the Curated Content Editor staff, though...
I just wanted to state that I'm long in the tooth ( Maybe not as long as Methuselah ) and pretty set in my ways ... I agree with your assessment of the current condition of this forum and hope that changes are on the horizon ... In the event that changes aren't for the better I just want to let everyone know that I will not be considering collecting **** accessories

panheadache (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 10:23 AM
s-glide76
Road Master
Received 1,088 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
It’s a Harley Davidson forum. If you’re here… you should like Harley Davidson.
There's a difference between liking a brand and being a fanatic.
I love Mustangs. Yet I'll dis Ford for coming out with the 4 cylinder Mustang ll.
I love Smith and Wesson revolvers. Yet I hate Smith and Wesson for making them with the internal lock (Hillary Hole).
Part of being brand loyal without being a Fanbois is being critical of them when they build a lemon.

The following 2 users liked this post by s-glide76:
Rains2much (07-12-2024), Tommy C (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 10:27 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Much as I would like it to be about Harley, it often isn't, like when you get posts about removing tanker spill residue from your car. I flag these posts so that they can be moved, but most often they aren't. Result is a poorly moderated forum with a bunch of off topic crap.

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-12-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:31 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by s-glide76
There's a difference between liking a brand and being a fanatic.
I love Mustangs. Yet I'll dis Ford for coming out with the 4 cylinder Mustang ll.
I love Smith and Wesson revolvers. Yet I hate Smith and Wesson for making them with the internal lock (Hillary Hole).
Part of being brand loyal without being a Fanbois is being critical of them when they build a lemon.
Your comment is in complete agreement with what I’ve said. I like vintage Harleys myself but not too fond of much in the later years. I dig the Sportster S, Breakout and LR ST’s for example. But I don’t go into a Mustang forum and find a thread about a good cam for a 351W and post that if they really wanted performance they should buy a Nissan.

Evo-Wes (07-12-2024)

Quick Reply: This Forum is about Harley Davidson