General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Forum is about Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 10:32 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,253 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Bitching about harleys is like complaining about your family, its ok for you to do it, but not other people.

The following users liked this post:
uncle kebo (07-12-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 10:45 PM
Taxgod4u
Road Warrior
Received 1,291 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Rounders
Bitching about harleys is like complaining about your family sleeping with your sister, its ok for you to do it, but not other people.
edited

Old 07-12-2024, 06:02 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,184 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
I was gonna hate on him because I just turned 69.
However this forum has taught me not to hate so much.

I'll get around to a stabbing some day

WP
If you start stabbing, Cowboy Rob would be proud of you.

WP50 (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 06:14 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,646 Likes on 786 Posts

I ride with a group of guys…maybe 12-14 in all. Most are non-Harley. In fact the majority are Crotch Rockets. I like all these guys. I like their bikes fine. They are great bikes for them. We manage to ride and stop at different watering holes with out dumping on each others bikes… some friendly banter from time to time but no malice behind it. I can’t imagine any of them coming into a Harley forum and telling everyone their bikes can’t perform and are inferior to their brand. I also can’t imagine the disrespect on my part if I went over to the Busa forums and started disrespecting their choice. So why do some think it’s perfectly acceptable to come here and talk about their non Harley bikes as a better solution?

I think it’s cool when members here say they own brand X too, no problem. But if you go into threads about performance and start telling them that Harley is crap… blah blah blah.. that’s not what they asked. They asked about HARLEY performance and upgrades. They didn’t ask what brand they should switch to.

Another thread someone mentioned they road from coast to coast on their Harley but they are experiencing back trouble getting older… only to have some twit come in and start saying how their Goldwing or whatever solves all those problems and how Harley just can’t engineer a smooth motorcycle. Stupid comment. No idea of someone else’s back issues or health. No clue about seat changes or adjusting things… just jump in there with your plastic ugly minivan bike will solve their wows.

Last edited by Rains2much; 07-12-2024 at 06:21 AM.
Evo-Wes (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 06:46 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rains2much
I.

Another thread someone mentioned they road from coast to coast on their Harley but they are experiencing back trouble getting older… only to have some twit come in and start saying how their Goldwing or whatever solves all those problems and how Harley just can’t engineer a smooth motorcycle. Stupid comment. No idea of someone else’s back issues or health. No clue about seat changes or adjusting things… just jump in there with your plastic ugly minivan bike will solve their wows.
If the guy had a sore back, and it got better on a goldwing what is the harm in mentioning it? I know on a long day, I don't enjoy my spine being shaken at stops. I believe the M8s are better for this.

What does it hurt to say, this is what helpe me?

If someone said a goldwing, is the ultimate highway machine for putting on miles I would not argue with them. But I sure don't want to work on one.

We are a slave to cosmetics and tradition, and that we fix the factories short comings.

So if a harley guys says he like this bike for this appicatipon____, fine. As long as he realizes it falls on deaf ears.

Old 07-12-2024, 06:59 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,884 Likes on 2,422 Posts

In the past 6 years I've had HDs, Triumphs, BMWs and even a Honda in my garage BUT I always have a HD. I think the main reason I come here is to laugh at rants, and enjoy the POD.... Yeah, Im an old guy in my 60s.... lolol...

Bass Player (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 07:01 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
I think the main reason I come here is to laugh at rants, and enjoy the POD.... Y...
Yes, there are quite a few of these people.

Old 07-12-2024, 07:09 AM
TracerBullet
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,294 Likes on 2,899 Posts

I have a Harley as well as a BMW. I like both for different reasons. The Harley sucks at some things, and I voice it. The BMW sucks at some things and I bitch about it.
I am not dumb enough to blindly think any product is the best at everything

tngarren (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 07:27 AM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,718 Likes on 2,777 Posts

I've had many different bikes/models over the years. I've always had a Harley. I just love the styling and the history. I just bought an '09 CVO Springer. (One of the most beautiful bikes HD has ever made in my opinion. No other brand makes anything close.) I could careless what anyone else rides or talks about. Posts on forums are so easy to ignore. If you let forum banter get to you, then I think you need to remove yourself from the forum. Nothing on here matters that much. My $.02

Bass Player (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 08:04 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,884 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I have a Harley as well as a BMW. I like both for different reasons. The Harley sucks at some things, and I voice it. The BMW sucks at some things and I bitch about it.
I am not dumb enough to blindly think any product is the best at everything
Agreed but replacement mirrors for my HD aren't 1500.00 like my BMW R9T (true dat)...

Quick Reply: This Forum is about Harley Davidson