Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maryland Motorcycle Title with lein, need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 07:56 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,406 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Originally Posted by scott_0
meet him at his bank, and watch him pay it off.
Many banks and credit unions can sign off on it and have the proper forms, then you can go to the tax office and complete the transfer and pay fees.

The following users liked this post:
scott_0 (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 08:01 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
Many banks and credit unions can sign off on it and have the proper forms, then you can go to the tax office and complete the transfer and pay fees.
It's through Harley's finance company, Eaglemark Savings Bank. They don't have branches, unfortunately. It will probably take at least two weeks to get the needed documents from them once it's paid.

Old 07-09-2024, 08:26 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,406 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
It's through Harley's finance company, Eaglemark Savings Bank. They don't have branches, unfortunately. It will probably take at least two weeks to get the needed documents from them once it's paid.
The local Harley shop has a finance dept. and they probably have direct link with Eaglemark. All it requires is a phone call to ask them. They definitely will have all the transfer forms and may even file it for you, as they will want your future business.

Last edited by TSheff; 07-09-2024 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2024, 06:51 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Hey guys, I'm back. Summary so far: I want to buy a bike from a seller in MD, and he has a loan with Eaglemark, Harley's finance arm, and we can't do a title transfer until that's paid off. After considering the options, we decided to skip the Harley Rider to Rider program, which would cost almost $1,100, and try a different approach.

The seller paid off his bike using a couple 0% cards. He incurred a cash advance fee, which we agreed to split, and this ended up being easier on both our wallets. From the time he sent in the payments, it took 13 days for Eaglemark to show them as posted and the lien satisfied. That was on 7/23. Based on all I've read, he should receive the lien release (either letter, or copy of the title) in 10-14 days. It's day 13 and nothing yet, so he called Eaglemark today, and they said they aren't sending him anything. Instead, they sent an electronic lien release to MD DMV. When he got this info today, DMV was closed, so tomorrow he's going to make some calls. The delays in this process are beyond frustrating.

MD used to do title reprints in person, same day, but from what I'm seeing, it's now a 10-14 day thing while they mail it. Sheesh. Anyone know about this? I don't understand why Eaglemark didn't mail him something, because that's the process I see on the MD DMV site. So, more waiting. I'd like to get this bike before the first snowfall.

The wait isn't exactly killing me because, 1) I'm still healing from the deer accident, and 2) the weather has been either brutally hot & humid, or raining. I'll have a 180 mile trip home once we can do the transfer, so I'm hoping for a better weather pattern when that time comes.

s-glide76 (08-06-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 08:02 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Hopefully the MVA does have the release from Eaglemark. In which case they might send the seller the clear title on their own, or they might require him asking for it. Being a terribly inefficient bureaucracy, I would not be surprised if it takes him asking for it.

So you're still going to be waiting, but at least it's moving along. Likely you will get to ride it before it snows.

Old 08-06-2024, 06:21 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 500 Likes on 344 Posts

My father in law just passed and we took my mother in law to the Md MVA to transfer his car over to her. We had the death certificate and they were very helpful getting everything switched over but yes, MVA said 10-14 days for the new title to arrive so I assume that's standard. Probably be quicker but they like to give extra time just in case.

Old 08-06-2024, 08:39 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 876 Likes on 513 Posts

Hey guys, I'm back. Summary so far: I want to buy a bike from a seller in MD, and he has a loan with Eaglemark, Harley's finance arm, and we can't do a title transfer until that's paid off. After considering the options, we decided to skip the Harley Rider to Rider program, which would cost almost $1,100, and try a different approach.

The seller paid off his bike using a couple 0% cards. He incurred a cash advance fee, which we agreed to split, and this ended up being easier on both our wallets. From the time he sent in the payments, it took 13 days for Eaglemark to show them as posted and the lien satisfied. That was on 7/23. Based on all I've read, he should receive the lien release (either letter, or copy of the title) in 10-14 days. It's day 13 and nothing yet, so he called Eaglemark today, and they said they aren't sending him anything. Instead, they sent an electronic lien release to MD DMV. When he got this info today, DMV was closed, so tomorrow he's going to make some calls. The delays in this process are beyond frustrating.

MD used to do title reprints in person, same day, but from what I'm seeing, it's now a 10-14 day thing while they mail it. Sheesh. Anyone know about this? I don't understand why Eaglemark didn't mail him something, because that's the process I see on the MD DMV site. So, more waiting. I'd like to get this bike before the first snowfall.

The wait isn't exactly killing me because, 1) I'm still healing from the deer accident, and 2) the weather has been either brutally hot & humid, or raining. I'll have a 180 mile trip home once we can do the transfer, so I'm hoping for a better weather pattern when that time comes.
Such a tangled web we weave.

Old 08-06-2024, 08:41 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for the responses guys. The seller just talked to DMV, they show a new title was printed today, and should be in the mail today. They said expect to see it in a week. Assuming it's being mailed from a place in MD it should be a quick trip. Finally the title is in the last leg of the journey. So, some day next week I should be completing the deal and riding home on my new FB 114.

s-glide76 (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 08:42 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Germansheperd
Such a tangled web we weave.
This is a classic case of "We're from the government and we're here to help."

Old 08-06-2024, 08:54 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 876 Likes on 513 Posts

This is a classic case of "We're from the government and we're here to help."
Could be or you did it to yourself. Many people told you to pass.
Two things:
1- Only buy from a legitimate dealer
2- Only buy from a private party WITH TITLE IN HAND- no liens

KK0G (08-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Maryland Motorcycle Title with lein, need help